Heide Park

MikeC

217730d1377362910-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-

Oh...

Oh...

Confirmed Heide Park trip in 2014...

That looks so awesome. I swear two days ago there was only the station and a bit of the immelman track and then suddenly, bam, its nearly finished. Very fast construction!

Looks so good, I think this will be a better ride then Swarm, I want to go next year :P

Probably but lets not forget that The Swarm is still a great ride. The wing rider should evolve as more parks get their holds on one.

so many places to go to in europe (let alone the rest of the world) that I've never been to... can't see myself going any time soon though :( heide park, gardaland, europa park, port aventura to name a few!!!

that picture of the inversion beats the staffordshire knot on the smiler that was posted everywhere in my opinion!

I'm not sure it looks better, it certainly looks tidier though.

Looking a brilliant coaster so far and that track is going nice and fast (unlike some rides). I can't wait to see the new trains and theming appear when it's finished, it really does look like its a great wing rider and I expect better than Swarm in Thorpe.

In terms of the log flume that was removed, it was apparently the better of the 2 (or at least seemed to be) which featured quite a lot of brilliant theming in the ride and big final drop and was made by Schwarzkopf (sp). The remaining log flume is ok but doesn't seem as good as there is less theming and the big drop doesn't seem as high too and is made by Mack. However seeing how exciting this coaster is looking, that should make for a great replacement to wildwasserbahn 2.

Too much white Vekoma snake-spine track too close to white B&M perfection. I wish Heide picked a different colour. It'd stand out so much more.

But in other news. Damn. So many tried and tested elements put together in such a unique fashion, with some extreme banking (no doubt going to be wildly fun to experience on a Wing Coaster) makes this thing look gorgeous.

In comparison, some of the bigger US Wing Coasters like Wild Eagle and GateKeeper do look a bit dull in their transitions between elements. The elements themselves might be huge and impressive, but they look very much like equally-spaced, individual events, rather than something that, like most smaller coasters, flow beautifully into one another.

Am I right in saying that, like all the other wingriders to feature the inversion and drop, it differs from Swarm's in that Swarm does a full 180 degree roll before dropping, whereas the rest (including this one), roll and drop at the same time?

Either way, good to see construction is coming together nicely..