Heide Park

MikeC

We're kinda lucky in that aspect, that we're the ones having the adverts and everything created rather than just copied embarrassingly from another site. I wonder if those parks have many enthusiasts who are proud of the parks. Wish they were allowed to do things themselves, each individual park knows more about what's best for them than someone in Dorset.

NOT ANYMORE!:

http://www.imascore.com/en/colossos-bekommt-neuen-soundtrack-von-imascore

That music gave me goosepimples, Soooo good! IMAScore should do every coaster soundtrack, any others don't come even close!

The soundtrack to this ride, just amazing. IMA score, certainly know the right balance of musical and technical material to create some very immersive and atmospheric ride scores, which they've done well for this ride like the mystery of Hocus Pocus and a The Smiler.

As for the coaster itself, whilst I haven't ridden it yet, I can say whilst it's in no way terrible or even bad, it's not the best. The ride's pace seems abit slow and it needs more theming and elements to create an immersive and exciting story line/ experience to guests.

Considering they have Europa and Phantasia Land (at least) as competitors who have made some amazing themed and payed out rides, the outcome of this one is a coasters that's good, but not amazing. I think Swarm and Raptor look better now.

• 4 weeks later...

I must say, even IMAscore couldn't bring anything fresh to FDD. What a dreadfully dull soundtrack...

It's hard to tell from a set of pictures, but I reckon that the soundtrack will fit in nicely with the ride and area. Granted, it's not an example of IMAscore's finest work, but it looks like it will work well with the area.

I must say, even IMAscore couldn't bring anything fresh to FDD. What a dreadfully dull soundtrack...

Whilst I'd say thus soundtrack isn't quite on the standards of say Helix or Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall, I still find this a very well mixed and nicely created soundtrack, which gives out the sense and atmosphere that reflects the ride's flight and demon theme very well.

IMA's scores are simply masterpieces and the music they create and produce is the sort of standard I would expect to hear on film and television. They may well be the B&M' of themepark soundtracks.

Very possibly. I only said what I said because prior to FDD's soundtrack, everything I'd heard from IMAscore sounded brilliant on its own, whereas this one was just too ambient and meandering to convey any character or prominent theme. Of course, in a month I'll be able to find out if the area really does make it better...

• 2 months later...

The only track I heard which wasn't Heide's own now is Battle Galleons on their version of Battle Galleons.

Desert Race and Scream have music which was played at thorpe one time.. but that's thorpe stealing Heide's music rather than the other way around.

IMAScores music makes the park what it is. Especially Fluggs and Colossos!!

• 1 month later...

I have just come back from 4 nights at heide park and I have to say the park is amazing '

It is well maintained with loads of Gardens and green area all around the park.

The rides are amazing there , the new wing coaster Flug is 10x better then the swarm I rode it about 9 times 4 times at the front the air time hill is pretty crazy. I also thought scream was very good the best drop tower I have been on so far you really get a lot if force comeing down. Limt is not as rough as people say I kinda enjoyed it, big loop I didn't really like as I hit my head had after the second loop :'( which really hurt . Krake was one of my favourite as you get air time after the inversion which felt really good.

Desert race was a big let down as it was to smooth for me plus I am a big fan of Rita which I s think is better.

The best ride there is Colossos which is my favourite ride now the air time you get on that is crazy , the frist time I ride it my lap bar wasen't all the way down so I got loads of sir time but nearly fell out. The helix is really rough but is great :)

I have to say this trip to heide park was really good and I recommend others to go along is the beets Merlin park I have been to.

Plus the hotel is really good :)

From my experience over 3 days (rather quiet days) Krake is best to do first - the queue just never relented on any occasion whereas I tried to do what you do in Britain (ie, queue for smiler early afternoon or at very end of day). Made no difference.

Hotels gorgeous though, by far my favourite Merlin hotel (built by tussauds.. shh).

• 8 months later...