Heide Park

MikeC

Heide-Park has been clearing a large area of land for a while now, but recently they have put up signs that read this:Du willst in eine andere welt eintauchen?Do you want to dive into another world?and then followed by:Dann komm wieder in 2011!Then come again in 2011!Any thoughts to what this could be?Photos of the site being cleared and the signs can be found here:http://www.screamsca.../heide-park.htmPost your opinons here!

if I'm correct wasn't there a rumoured deal struck between Merlin and B&M that Heide Park and Gardaland got a roller coaster and so did thorpe park?if that is the case would make sense that they recieve a B&M dive machine.

You are correct - there is a rumoured deal. But it is, for now, just a rumour. :)

^Done Germany, south side so Phant, Europe, Holiday and Trips...Dunno tbh, 3 parks would be the aim in Italy, though maybe 4 with that new one, similar for Germany...Dammit, I hate wanting new park credits... Least I can relatively understand German as a language, Italy I would be buggered... :)

I'm thinking Italy although Benin should invite me on principle. :blink: I have a feeling its a dive machine. It wouldn't make incredible sense for Merlin to throw three of B&M's new type of rides at its parks, it means theres no point in Ap holders (who may travel to each one) although of course the benefits of any B&M to a park are inmeasurable.

A dive machine sounds like it fits the "dive" part quite well! I like this idea: That they were working on a top secret mega coaster project for a German park that would combine elements from a wide variety of coasters, mentioning Top Thrill Dragster, Incredible Hulk and Superman: Ultimate Flight as examples of coasters featuring elements to be gathered together into this mega project. I guess time will tell what this ride will be :blink: I dont think it will combine all of these, but maybe some of these?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There be track about...Brakes...Posted ImageLoopy loop...Posted Image

Two years ago this would be such an exciting project, the first dive machine in Europe since Oblivion...But ever since X raptor and its sheer beauty and class emerged and was finished first... it's like I want to care about Krake but the Italian influence has taken over.Which is a shame, because Krake does look rather beautiful, especially it's baby dive machine cars.. aww.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.. Actually feeling a bit less impressed with Krake now. KRAKE (and its short layoutNot that the project has no merit just with the layout being so incredibly short, a hell of a lot is now riding on the theming. And with Merlin it can either be outstanding (Wild Asia) or to basic (Saw/Th13teen).I'm hoping they pull out the stops on this.

And with Merlin it can either be outstanding (Wild Asia) or to basic (Saw/Th13teen).

I think it will be more towards the Saw/Thirteen style of theme work, for several reasons.Yes, Wild Asia was designed by Chessington under Merlin (I think), but it was actually built and brought to existence by an external company. Also, I think it was not the same team that did Saw and Thirteen (Candy Holland and co) that worked on Wild Asia, because it was not a major attraction. Candy Holland seems to be called by Merlin to do their big projects, such as Krake.Also, Wild Asia was able to have a big budget for theming, because there was no new coaster or other costly attraction. The money went on a Zamperla disc-o, fairly cheap, which left a lot for new theme work. According to this idea, Krake will not have as much emphasis on theming.Oh well. I am sure it will still be of a good enough standard. After all, whilst Thirteen lacks horribly in imagination in quite a few places, and Saw gets a bit thin now and then, they are both up to a "good enough" standard overall.

Wild Asia probably wasn't the first Merlin (or indeed, Tussauds) project brought to life from an external company... Just because there's a different project leader doesn't automatically mean that an external company won't be used if it's easier...Candy's track record is... mixed... Thirteen's theming is however very good for the most part... Saw is meh... So it's very in the middle of how well this will go... Hard to tell without any actual finished ride theming in place... Think Heide has the odd pic of unfinished stuff on Facebook but it's not much to talk about until installed...Wait and see I think... We don't know what the budget is, there is a difference price range, different style surrounding this, different country... Waaaaay too many factors to base how well it will be themed using our parks as examples...

Also, Wild Asia was able to have a big budget for theming, because there was no new coaster or other costly attraction. The money went on a Zamperla disc-o, fairly cheap, which left a lot for new theme work. According to this idea, Krake will not have as much emphasis on theming.

See this is the thing. I doubt Wild Asia's budget for the rest of its theming was 'big' as you put it. What they did is use the money well and emphasised certain parts such as the trollies, and the shop facades. Kobra itself isn't exactly themed amazingly but what Wild Asia has is a consistent style. I think the same of Mutiny Bay, in particular Battle Galleons which if you actually go through the queue line is fantastically themed, easily Merlin's best UK effort.What I'm concerned with on Krake is that all the imagary and desciption of the ride is hugely themed detail. The car goes into the mouth of the Kraken, then emerging through a pirate ship as it goes into the immelman. With Krake, if there's any moments like Saw or Th13teen where it drifts for a while through trees or wanders aimlessly towards the end then for me, the ride loses its appeal.As Heide have sold this as a big story event, if it fails to deliver in any area, I'll personally be dissapointed as when they announced it last year, the imagary they conjured up was fantastic.

I think this ride would have been viewed better by people if it was the 'worlds first'(dive machine) or 'worlds biggest' or if it had a larger or different layout, although I still think that it will be a great ride and the trains do look awesome too! If Oblivion were to be being built now, people would probably give the same reaction as what Krake is getting and not knowing about the theming, also I think its the fact that X-Raptor or whatever its called now is being built which is B&M's concept design of the wing rider. imo, I think it will have good theming based on what we know already, but I guess we will just have to wait and see on that.

• 2 weeks later...