Cats or Dogs?

J3DMAN

32 members have voted

1. 1. Cat or Dog?

• I would own a cat,
    • I would own a dog,
    • I wouldn't purchase any.

I prefer Cats do to them being a little cleaner. I am a total hygiene freak, and Dogs seem to make more mess than Cats overall.

I feel with Dogs there are more loyal. But with Cats are feel like there less dependant on you. Also Cats clean themselfs, and don't need to be taken out for a walk.

Cats love you because you feed them. Nothing more. The whiskers dries up the cat will wander off to someone who can provide.

A dog will die of starvation by your side.

Have you ever had a cat? Both cats I have had have been loyal and loving. My previous cat would get lonely during the day if he couldn't see anyone. He would always be on someone's lap, having cuddles, he even used to try and clean my hair for me sometimes :)

Cats are so much more than food-wanting hairballs. Yeah, some of them can be knobs, but at least none of them haven't ripped apart children in public etc. 

You can get good and bad ones of each species, just the bad dogs are worse/more dangerous than bad cats. 

Oh I dunno about that, our 'big' cat (he was the bigger than a Jack Russell) tried to kill the midwife who came for a home visit once.... aparantly he was too protective of the baby and should be destroyed, I said perhaps you shouldn't have kick him out the way, he was just saying hello, that's why he tried to have your hand off....

Ignorant woman wouldn't come back after that lol.

Cats love you because you feed them. Nothing more. The whiskers dries up the cat will wander off to someone who can provide.

If that person decides to feed that cat, knowing it's not theirs (and probably aware that it's not a stray as it won't look thin etc), then they are also to blame :ninja: Obviously not a dig at your opinion, just a rant at those people in general :P I'm talking about those who knowingly and repeatedly feed and entice a cat inside their home (not just a friendly stroke outside), without even checking if it belongs to anyone or thinking about what they're doing. As tempting as it may be when they're friendly and cute, it's wrong, because it can encourage the cat to spend less time with its owner/it may not eat when the owner feeds it (or the opposite and become overweight)... or hardly come home, which is unfair on the owner as it may not be their fault; the cat could be well-loved and fed, they're just naturally curious animals.

Crazy cat lady rant over :lol:

Some cats can be like that, but you do get many who are very loyal, even end up lost for months or years and find their way back to their owners! And they definitely can recognise their owners :)

There's even cats who have alerted their owners to danger, such as burglars, the smell of gas, etc. Cats Protection have their own National Cat Awards for such felines :P

Ooh and don't forget the likes of Bob the street cat, and Jessi-Cat (the Birman cat who is really helping a boy with selective mutism) ^_^

I don't deny that a dog's loyalty is different though, and that they're more excitable and pleased by things, whereas cats can be more "Meh" or picky :P And yes, cats own you and your house.

When I was 6 my cat attacked an Alsation that jumped the wall into our yard. The cat was protecting me from the dog. This was observed by the attendances of my 6th birthday party (basically all my parents wierd friends) and became a standard joke amongst them that the milkman wasnt my father, the cat was.

I should point out that when I was 6 I never fed this cat but it always came to sit next to or on me.

So that one anecdote discounts the 'Nothing more.' part from your hypothesis Pluk.

Dont confuse loyalty and worship. Cats know they are the boss and you are just thier ward/minion/toy but they still love you as you love your iPhone or other play things.. Dogs are your minion and they worship your every move, however stupid.

Cats are devious though and they do lie. They will lie and manipluate you to give them what they want.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cats cats cats - as mentioned before.  I adore all animals (except for spiders but they are arachnids so it doesn't count - ooh, and wasps) - hmm yeah I had an amazing bond with my ginger cat and was devastated when he died - I still get upset now and it has been 18 months since I lost him.

I have just adopted one of my foster cats - very sadly my other foster cat had to be put to sleep as it emerged that she had severe problems with her kidneys - I was with her when she passed and was an utter mess - she had only been part of my life for 6 months but from the scared underweight cat that arrived at my home back in August she changed into a trusting, loving and fantastic companion - most nights she would sleep so close to me and since she died 3 weeks ago I can't bring myself to sleep in my bed - so I'm getting crippling back aches from sleeping on the sofa.

• 1 month later...