Backstories

MiniShinny

After recently seeing the backstory for the new "storm surge" I have become interested in some of the backstories of the other rides and so would ask anyone to post the backstories of some of the rides.Thank you in advance.Maybee even put what you would like/could imagine the backstories to beP.S Didn't quite know where to put this

Edited by MiniShinny

There aren't many back stories, or even front stories, to the rides to be honest. Even Saw's in unclear. One moment we're police officers, then thrill hunters, then test subjects...Inferno hasn't really had one, but the closest you can device from the park's marketing is how you are riding a Volcano. Personally, I like to make my own little back story to Inferno; the eruption of 2000 caused a monster to awaken inside the Volcano - and you must 'feel the heat' of both the monster and volcano to tame it.Tidal Wave. Do I need to explain that one. X:\WTF. The above is the easiest way to put it, but it isn't really that in some ways now. That's it really.

Yeah, I think you're a cop going into his warehouse to investigate the Jigsaw case and he puts you in a trap, which is the ride.But Alive doesn't seem to have a backstory, it seems like the SWAT team are giving you a tour of Jigsaw's warehouse, which just seems silly to me. :\

The actual idea of SAW Alive is that YOU are the S.W.A.T. team investigating the boat.. Only the fact you dont do anything but walk spoils this story slightly.

Maybe in Saw you are investigating a crime scene and then get abducted by jigsaw to be the test subject of his new trap? :P

That's what I always thought was going on too. I thought it was rather obvious.

I think that is probably what they tried, yes, but I think the execution was very poor.

The actual idea of SAW Alive is that YOU are the S.W.A.T. team investigating the boat.. Only the fact you dont do anything but walk spoils this story slightly.

That is probably the best back story you can get for it. The SWAT room of the maze does really give the back story, albeit a weak one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not every ride needs a backstory really. Infact I'd rather rides didn't have them unless they are going to do them properly. The only rides I can think of at the Merlin parks that pull it off really well are Nemesis and Hex, and you don't even have to know or care about the nemesis one to make it a good ride anyway. All the attempts to add a story to X:/ seem as pointless to me as trying to add one to loggers leap or even something daft like Rocky Express. Just take it for what it is, a generic sci fi/cyberpunk/neon paint themed rollercoaster in the dark.EDIT: Actually thinking about it, Tidal Wave might have one of the best backstories in the whole of the merlin parks.

Not every ride needs a backstory really. Infact I'd rather rides didn't have them unless they are going to do them properly. The only rides I can think of at the Merlin parks that pull it off really well are Nemesis and Hex, and you don't even have to know or care about the nemesis one to make it a good ride anyway. All the attempts to add a story to X:/ seem as pointless to me as trying to add one to loggers leap or even something daft like Rocky Express. Just take it for what it is, a generic sci fi/cyberpunk/neon paint themed rollercoaster in the dark.EDIT: Actually thinking about it, Tidal Wave might have one of the best backstories in the whole of the merlin parks.

X:/No Way Out has a backstory? :L

• 1 month later...

I think with thorpe rides now they have moved on from theming its just " ride then theme not theme then ride" and tbh I think its needs to be theme then ride because look at saw...

I agree, I think if Thorpe Park wanted a really well themed ride they need to think of the theme first and then think of a ride that would fit the theme.. instead of the other way round