Gadgets and Gizmos!

rollerross11

Well I thought I should make a topic about the amazing gadgets we own and use in our ever day life. I OwnDesktop: Mac Mini 1.86ghzNetbook/Tablet/Laptop: iPad 32GB WiFi + Samsung r610 BluRay EditionPhone: HTC Desire ( Had an iPhone 3G)Camera: Olympus EP-1Game Console: Xbox 360 60gb version.I would like an iMac or the new Mac Mini! :D

1. Mac Mini 2008 Model (2.0GHz SuperDrive)2. Teac MC-DX10 Audio System3. iPhone 3GS (16GB)4. iPod Video (30GB)5. Nikon D3000 Professional DSLR Camera6. Trantec Systems S1000 Professional Microphone System (Used for Skype)I have other various technological products such as Projectors and what not, but do I really need to list them?

Phone: Samsung S8000 JetiPod Touch 32GBCameras: Nikon D80 DSLR and Sony DSC-S980 CybershotDesktop - Kinda crap (for my requirements), soon to be replaced by something shiny with an I7 processor :DLaptop - Advent ModenaConsoles - Playstation 3 40GB, Playstation 2, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo GamecubeSennheiser Noise Cancelling headphonesSamsung Galaxy TabAssorted other gubbins I can't think of.I love technology! :D

Computer- Dell Dimension 5150Phone- Sony Ericsson K800i- I actually hate it. :| hopefully in September I'm going to buy myself a new phoneCamera- Olympus x43Consoles- 2 PS2s, one is the old bulky one and the other one is the 'newer' slim one. Oh and I also have a Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP lurking around my room somewhere.Other- 16GB iPod touch.

Computers: Apple iMac (Early 2008 model), Windows Vista Hewlett Packard PCCamera: Kodak M893 (sans memory card/battery cover slot after I dropped it)Games ConsolesWii PS3 (Slim)Xbox 360 (Slim 250gb)Xbox 360 (White Premium with 20gb hard drive)DSiPSP (original model)Old Consoles PS2GamecubeXboxDreamcastGameboy AdvanceGameboy Colour (somewhere)Old iPod 40gb 4th GeniPod Shuffle (Clip model)-2gbiPhone 3G (8gb)Don't make me list my old mobile phones or I'll need a whole thread for it.

Phone: Walkman W850i... I don't give a crap about these new phones, as long as mine makes calls, sends texts and I can listen to my music on it, then its fine!#Camera: My dad just got a new one for his birthday today, its a panasonic and has some crazy cool settings on it as well as HQ video, very excited.PS2WiiOh and a Gameboy XP somewhere...I'm begging mum and dad for a Xbox 360, but apparently we have enough :D I want to play Left for dead and CoD so badly!Possibly getting a iPod for Christmas as my phone connector for headphones keeps breaking, but I will live!

• 1 month later...

I have... Laptop: Sony VAIO VGN-NW20SF, 2.20ghz, Windows 7 Camera: Sony A300 DSLR, Samsung PL57 (the samsung for days out incase it gets broken, dont want to break the sony)Phone: Samsung GT-B3410 EDGE Quadband (unlocked on GiffGaff)Consoles: PS2 (fat), Wii (I don't game alot)Other: iPod Classic 160gb (because I have loads of music), Magicbox Nocturne XP-1 iPod Doc/ DAB Radio/ Radio /ClockI think thats about it really!

• 10 months later...

Oooh didn't notice this topic! I love gadgets and technology and have...Computer: Mid 2010 2.66Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro 13", 500GB, 4GB RAM (running OSX Lion)iPod: iPod Nano 5G in the shiny Yellow/Gold colour&Logitech Pure-Fi anywhere2 dock.Phone: Samsung Tocco Lite. It has a horrible touch screen, so hope to get the next release of iPhone when I have saved some money after Christmas... (release is in September with iOS5 probably...)Camera: Fujifilm J37, with Cannon Selphy CP780 Dye Sublimation printer (works the same way the ones do at ride photo booths where it adds one colour to the paper then prints over it again with a different colour)Games consoles: PS3, DS Lite, the old PSP.Speakers: Logitech Z-2300... This speaker set absolutely blew me away when I first got it, didn't expect it to be so good, it goes SO loud and has really thumping bass from the 8" Sub. I also have the smaller Logitech X-230 which I run in unison with the Z-2300. :lol: That's about it for major stuff. :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Double Post... Posted Image Meh.iPhone 4SApple announced the iPhone 4S about 30mins ago... Wow! It's basically the iPhone 4 completely pushed to it's max. The camera - "An eight megapixel sensor. That's 3264 x 2448."It's also got 1080P video, everything basically upgraded/made better/ iOS5 of course with iCloud/AirPlay. Also, speech recognition (Siri) has been completely re-mastered, now you can send text messages just by telling the iPhone what you want it to send back to someone. Amazing.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageYou can also ask your iPhone to find a wikipedia article for you... All you have to do is tell it. Posted ImageKeynote live stream and pics from >HERE< Well done Apple once again! Posted Image

Double Post... Posted Image Meh.iPhone 4SApple announced the iPhone 4S about 30mins ago... Wow! It's basically the iPhone 4 completely pushed to it's max. The camera - "An eight megapixel sensor. That's 3264 x 2448."It's also got 1080P video, everything basically upgraded/made better/ iOS5 of course with iCloud/AirPlay. Also, speech recognition (Siri) has been completely re-mastered, now you can send text messages just by telling the iPhone what you want it to send back to someone. Amazing.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageYou can also ask your iPhone to find a wikipedia article for you... All you have to do is tell it. Posted ImageKeynote live stream and pics from >HERE< Well done Apple once again! Posted Image

Its nice and all but,iPhone 5, Please?

I must admit I'm disappointed.This just seems to be Apple catching up to the current Android devices in terms of features, I don't see much longevity in this device with the tweaked specs, with Kal-El around the corner I think Android/Windows Phone 7 will take advantage of the lack of innovation here and phones produced in the next six months will be superior to this. It will be interesting to see what happens next week with Google/Samsung's event, hopefully we'll see Ice Cream Sandwich and perhaps the Nexus Prime.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got a iPhone 4S as the upgrade deal was amazing £99 for the phone at £30 a month for 24months; 1gb of data, unlimited texts and 1000mins( 32gb iphone4S white) and my dad offered me the cash for my old iPhone. I think it is the best iPhone ever, truly amazing Siri is overwhelmingly impressive and after a week of teething it seems to get me 90% of the time, if you say it clearly. Best feature is the 8MP SNAPPER yes truly amazing photos and videos ill post some when I come back from the states, with comparison with the ip4. But if your not eligible for an upgrade don't get it but if u are do it its truly a beast of a device. A shame battery life has suffered a bit :S still gets me through the day. I am disappointed that theres no iPhone 5 but I will not get another iPhone till the iPhone 5S or something like that :/ come out. I would never go back to android devices they are made of plastic and my phone always seemed to not connect to any WiFi.

• 7 months later...

Double post eek but that was ages ago! ; 0 Anyway...

Apple's WWDC2012 Keynote has been taking place tonight, with Mac updates, and also the announcement of iOS6!

A new feature which will feature in iOS6 which has particularly stood out to me is an integrated App called "PassBook" This App holds tickets, passes, loyalty cards, and anything else which could possibly be coded with a barcode or similar type of computer-read code.

After thought, this could hugely benefit theme parks! Guests could potentially purchase tickets via an official app, get the barcode appear when they get in the proximity of the attraction, scan at the turnstile and off you go! Certainly an idea for the future for Theme Parks and attractions.

What a great idea of an App from Apple! :D

Posted Image