The Smiler

th13teen

What will the 2013 coaster be or you hope it to be.I can see it being the worlds largest '2nd hill' drop at over 250ft thinking that the valley is already 200ft deep so having a chainlift a little higher will work a treat especially if they have it like the steel phantom coaster at kennywood! A woodie would be nice but as John and worwenna said at the Th13teen evening Alton towers do not want a woodie because they have done research that people dont like woodies or for those who want it closer to home 'to dangerous' but I challenge both alton and the guests researched into saying there are hardley any woodies left in the UK for people to try and or trust!

You obviously didn't listen at the event whatsoever! :@Morwenna said that herself and John would love a woodie and from research it shows the public think there unsafe and they therefore wouldn't return the investment.^ Also I'm afraid he has actually got something right... 2013 is when it is planned for opening.

You obviously didn't listen at the event whatsoever! :@Morwenna said that herself and John would love a woodie and from research it shows the public think there unsafe and they therefore wouldn't return the investment.^ Also I'm afraid he has actually got something right... 2013 is when it is planned for opening.

allright allright allright dont get in a hissy fit and its practicly what I said the research showed people dont like them! So alton towers wont take the risk and then I stated There are no woodies for people to even try in the UK except in a few areas and I feel they need to be introduced!

^ Also I'm afraid he has actually got something right... 2013 is when it is planned for opening.

Though you were actually at the event; I've heard it could be either. I'd always assumed 2014 to be more likely as AT usually did SWs on a 4 year thing, but that of course could've changed.

I would love to see a cross valley B&M hyper coaster :P , being that there is not yet a B&M hyper coaster in the U.K yet.We will just have to wait and see what Alton Towers come up with nearer the time of the coasters construction!

Well yes that would be excellent anything not seen in the UK before is always a winner with the gerneral public!

Dya mean that place what the skylift goes over?

Yeah, sort of, the Skyride does go over it. Alton's landscape has many hills and deep valleys. One possible location for a new roller coaster would use the valley so it could have enough height to have a decent layout. Does that answer some of your questions? :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think for SW7 should be in 2012 and it should be a cross valley coaster.

A cross valley coaster will NEVER happen... That simple... It's a wonderful idea but it got canned in 2005/6/whenever and I have no doubts it would be shunned by the council now... Look at the problems they had with Thirteen's permission with that bloody Stone Age Fort thing...Also, 2012? Not likely... 3 years seems to be the cycle Merlin have put into their parks... And many reckon we won't see another coaster until 2013/14...

SW8 should be something added to the dark forest like a huge new flat ride. A drop tower maybe..

Two things, firstly, a drop tower at Alton? Just no... Tree height is the main issue here and unless they dug down (and then down, and then down some more) similar to Oblivion would be the only way we'd see one... Will that happen? Unlikely...Secondly, the Secret Weapon term is reserved for their coasters... Unique 'World's Firsts'... Not a drop tower...

While I know it won't be classed as SW I completely agree with having more than two rides in the dark forest!As for SW7 I want Alton to concentrate on THRILLS not "World's first" not amazing theming, just a ride with high G-Forces and 10/10 scores on all coaster sites... If they can pull this off, THEN think about theming! :)