The Smiler

th13teen

These images of the barriers at Leeds station were posted over on TowersStreet forums.

2013-01-14142051_zps52451035.jpg

2013-01-14142029_zps3efe2ad1.jpg

318073_429538030449980_472046511_n.png

Love this illusive way of drawing peoples attention to the symbol but not giving any hints as to what it is for.

Love this. There's a bridge in London that has an alleyway of smiler posters all along its side. Love the subtle advertising that Alton are doing for this.

This is a great advertising method - although a bit weird if you are not a theme park fan and have never heard of SW7. :)

Does anyone else think that there is a lack of PR online though? With The Swarm at Thorpe last year there were loads of videos giving away clues about the ride, but in terms of official ones from Alton Towers regarding SW7 this year, we have had nothing so far.

At least they aren't doing another Th13teen though and saying that it will have an age limit etc...

I'd love to see it spread to adverts for Youtube videos. Is it possibe to have just have one which is just 5 seconds with a face with spinning eyes saying 'It's coming #getcorrected' or something similar - that would be a great online campaign. Would love to see it on buses as well though!

Cannot wait to see where this leads. Geniunely looking forward to it! :D

This is a great advertising method - although a bit weird if you are not a theme park fan and have never heard of SW7. :)

Does anyone else think that there is a lack of PR online though? With The Swarm at Thorpe last year there were loads of videos giving away clues about the ride, but in terms of official ones from Alton Towers regarding SW7 this year, we have had nothing so far.

At least they aren't doing another Th13teen though and saying that it will have an age limit etc...

The Swarm is hardly a model for success, given how poor Thorpe Park performed in 2012.

That said, I can see a major ramp-of marketing next week or so!

:)

The Swarm is hardly a model for success, given how poor Thorpe Park performed in 2012.

Not defending Jamie's initial point about Th13teen's age limit but let's not suggest that Thorpe's attendance dip was anything to do with poor marketing of The Swarm. They played a blinder with their marketing in my opinion.

Jubilee Year, Olympics 2012, double-dip recession; people had other stuff on their minds.

I adore this advertising. I was walking to work in Highbury this afternoon and the poster is just on a random street, it just caught my eye . I love how nothing is mentioned on the poster, just the face. I wish I didn't know what the poster was as I'd be going online to try and find any information about it.

Alton Towers are playing a blinder.

This is a great advertising method - although a bit weird if you are not a theme park fan and have never heard of SW7. :)Does anyone else think that there is a lack of PR online though? With The Swarm at Thorpe last year there were loads of videos giving away clues about the ride, but in terms of official ones from Alton Towers regarding SW7 this year, we have had nothing so far.At least they aren't doing another Th13teen though and saying that it will have an age limit etc...

See I personally think them going down the internet route would be wrong for the theme. Unless of course they do some videos which look realky old/tatty and have subliminal messaging, like they did for sanctury. Or maybe put the sanctury video online? I think for the old school mental hospital vibe they have kindbof given off, putting posters on the streets fits with the theme better.

Edited by Tommy
Merged two posts

Not defending Jamie's initial point about Th13teen's age limit but let's not suggest that Thorpe's attendance dip was anything to do with poor marketing of The Swarm. They played a blinder with their marketing in my opinion.

Jubilee Year, Olympics 2012, double-dip recession; people had other stuff on their minds.

Don't forget one of the wettest summers in 100 years too