The Smiler

th13teen

SW7 statistics quoted by the daily mail to have a 'A terrifying drop over 100ft'![img=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA-feuuCIAAeXQm.png]

That could definately happen if it went undergound- however it is not going to go over the height of 85feet because of the tree limit and oblivion is the highest at 85feet. So the coaster would have to go at least 15 feet underground.

Or it could just be the Daily Fail Mail's appalling excuse for journalism getting their facts wrong. Again.

Cynicism aside, the 'drop' isn't quite the same as 'max. height'. Max height is from the ground to the highest point, in a vertical line. Unless the drop is a vertical drop, a coaster who's max. height is 85ft isn't going to have a drop of 85ft. The length of the track from the highest point to the lowest point before the first element is what is counted as the 'drop' usually, so 100ft is probably accurate, but it's not like the Mail are going to be capable of pointing that out.

Being that SW7 is built on a hill/dives into a small ravine, 100ft won't be too hard a stretch.

I believe that SW7 will feature a 100ft / 30m drop. Both the minisite and a press release from last year say 'Maximum Drop - 30m'. This can easily be achieved by digging, having the lift and drop on a slanted piece of land and so forth. I believe the maximum height of this is about the same height as Oblivion (so around 60ft I believe). Isn't Oblivion's drop something like 180ft as well, so I can't imagine it would be too difficult to achieve this slated 100ft drop.

Before anybody goes off on one, the person who made this image said that anybody is free to use it if they want.

10x83ux.jpg

With the station added into the picture, it really gives us an idea of what the bottom half of the ride will look like. I think it has the potential to be great; it just looks so complex and windy! It's also worth noting that Enterprise and Submission are both gone. It seems that we really will have some shiny new flats for the X Sector next year. I wonder if these two would have been refurbished when they were due to close last season?

Ohh and on a side note, this marketing is fab! :wub:

Before anybody goes off on one, the person who made this image said that anybody is free to use it if they want.

10x83ux.jpg

With the station added into the picture, it really gives us an idea of what the bottom half of the ride will look like. I think it has the potential to be great; it just looks so complex and windy! It's also worth noting that Enterprise and Submission are both gone. It seems that we really will have some shiny new flats for the X Sector next year. I wonder if these two would have been refurbished when they were due to close last season?

Ohh and on a side note, this marketing is fab! :wub:

I don't know about the shipping containers (although expected), but I love that architectural theme. The station actually looks like some abandoned asylum.

Latest image on Alton Towers Twitter:

BBADIDMCcAIdxzX.jpg

Random guess: The Inoculator?

Definition: "A medical practitioner who inoculates people against diseases" from Google definitions.

Also: "Inoculate means to implant in a person, animal, or plant to produce a disease for study or to stimulate disease resistance" from http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-an-inoculator

And: "To introduce an idea or attitude into the mind of"

Random guess but could be a number of different words... That one just seems to sound the most relatable...

Enterprise and Subbmission are both being refurbed, like Oblivion will be to make the area look all shiny...

Fingers cross Blivvy get loads of new queue line TVs...

So they will be returning to X sector but looking better? Also I hope submission gets its second arm working even though I hate it :P

I just hope submission doesn't move to thorpe as I can't even bear looking at it-sorry but it is just too painful for me :P