The Smiler

th13teen

<quote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jackstevens217" data-cid="148412" data-time="1358633924"><p>

You Belong to the INOCULATOR <br />

<br />

It could be an Anagram Of the Apparent words</p></quote>

I quite like 'Air Clout No' for an anagram ;)

Seriously though, I went on the anagram generator and they all seem to be jiberish at most. I'm not too sure about the name though, it might grow on my like 'The Swarm' but I think it suits an element or that big spider a bit better. I'm still hoping for something really menacing and striking. The Inoculator just doesn't seem to fit in with the other ride names like 'Oblivion' or 'Air'. Having said that, Alton did name one of their main coasters Rita Queen of Speed...

EDIT: Urinal Coot is also an anagram, I'm so immature :lol:

Pretty sure The Smiler was simply the name Alton gave the logo IP (the grinning face that's gone viral as part of marketing). It's quite possible that what Fred said about The Inoculator being a similarly copyrighted image/experience/themeing element owned by Merlin is true. Hopefully The Inoculator is some part of the enclosed experience, such as, a room where you meet a machine named The Inoculator and become 'corrected' before completing the ride. As an actual ride name though, I'm really not sure about it.

Pretty sure The Smiler was simply the name Alton gave the logo IP (the grinning face that's gone viral as part of marketing). It's quite possible that what Fred said about The Inoculator being a similarly copyrighted image/experience/themeing element owned by Merlin is true. Hopefully The Inoculator is some part of the enclosed experience, such as, a room where you meet a machine named The Inoculator and become 'corrected' before completing the ride. As an actual ride name though, I'm really not sure about it.

This seems more likely to me than it being the actual name. The word 'Inoculator' is too easy to see, and I can't imagine Towers would give away the name in this manner after the marketing done so far.

I can't see 'The Inoculator' being the name. The way AT have revealed it is just far to easy to guess; no where near cryptic enough. I think, like others, it's the name of some piece of machinery, perhaps even that huge spider thing, that is used by The Ministry of Joy.

I hope that we don't see the name as 'The Smiler', as even thought it fits in with the nice-sounding yet sinister feel, it just doesn't scream out to me 'This is a roller coaster you should definitely ride!!'. I do think it is just the name of the logo, but at this stage, anything is possible with that I guess..unfortunately.

Namewise, I think something like 'Salvation' would go well. Again, it fits in with something which sounds great, but can easily be given a sinister twist. It would also compliment Oblivion really well with a name like that.

As expected, looks like The Smiler is the name.

It works perfectly with the theme, and is totally in context. It doesn't 'roll of the tongue' as well as some other coaster names, but if Alton Towers seek to develop a totally coherent and themed attraction, then I would rather have a name in context than something more loose fitting.

:)

I think saying "lets go ride The Smiler" is nearly as laughable as when we thought it was "lets go ride Dylan"

I'm not convinced, whilst yes it may be relevant to the theme and story behind the ride. Ride names almost need sell it to people before they even know what the ride is, it needs to entice them and make them want to know more about the ride. Personally I don't see how "The Smiler" will get people excited about going on the ride.

But again, the name 'The Smiler' only works in context. In that regard, it's a good name. Therefore, the park need to do quite a lot of marketing in the coming weeks that focuses on the idea behind the ride, so people can understand.

'The Smiler' was trademarked months ago, it seems absolutely plausible that it's the name.

Just in case anyone thought it was a photoshop or the images were fake, a well known TS forum member who is in London has dropped down to London to get photo's which are on the TS facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/TowersStreet

Loving all the name hate. It fits perfectly. I'm not a fan of the use of 'The' but apart from that, it fits the bill and depicts the ride exactly.