The Smiler

th13teen

Towers times have just released that there will be "The Smiler-The Game" app for iPod and ipad

THE SMILER: THE GAME

Available on both iOS and Android devices, The Smiler Game App is set to bring The Smiler roller coaster to life, consisting of a full 3D recreation of the actual ride.

You will be able to take control of the ride cars and navigate your way around the track in as perfect a line as possible. Experience the intense thrills, twists and turns of the ride, with the opportunity to be rewarded with upgrade points to spend on a wide range of track upgrades.

Plus if you visit the Alton Towers Resort, unlock hidden content using Augmented Reality technology, with access to additional images, videos and secret upgrades for the game.

Game launch date February 2013

http://www.altontowers.com/the-game/

As long as people get the story element of the coaster, I think the name fits fine.

I believe the main problem with the name really sits with non enthusiasts who know nothing about the coaster or its backstory. To them the name "The Smiler" could appear rather cheesy and/or lame.

With a flavour of actual optimism, which is a lot more than what most people gave it...

Considering the delay was due to unexpected issues, how else should one react? I'll be cynical to parks that do idiotic and needless things but will be optimistic for things for which they do good, especially when my thoughts are based on my engineering knowledge...

Besides, it's not march yet... But I would have rathered hoped towers opened it rather than just deride the park without knowing the full facts as to the delay...

Nooooooooo!!!!!!! :o

Cant believe they've postponed the opening!!!

I'm goin to AT in mid-April!

Heard all the rumours, but was hoping they were gonna pull it out of the bag at the last moment :o

Gutted

The premiere launch is in April so maybe you could get tickets to that? I'm not sure how it works though!