The Smiler

th13teen

It's quite incredible really when you're in X-Sector and you look from where the 'knot' element is right up to the top of the site, this ride really is huge and has so much packed into it already from what has been constructed. It's totally gonna be my type of ride.

Here's a little Vine I took showing The Smiler's site today. Link:>>>>> http://vine.co/v/bdExrvlP9A7 <<<<<

Today a few more supports and track pieces went up as pics show... Also saw the construction workers lift one of the lifthill motors / assemblies onto site, which looked quite big. Looks like groundworks for where lift 2 is going is now also starting to progress a bit more. The 'Marmaliser' does seem to have screens on it.

Something odd I noticed about the support structure going over the toilets, one of the supports actually partly cuts through the top of the roof, I do wonder if this was planned to have happened or not! (first pics below show this) :P

Here's some other photo's from today that I got, I know most of the angles have already been seen haha but I thought I'd post these anyway.

IMG_0349_zpscf12bb95.jpg

IMG_0357_zps6353c0f5.jpg

IMG_0368_zps776ca165.jpg

IMG_0375_zps441e7573.jpg

IMG_0380_zps4352b67e.jpg

IMG_0389_zps1302c2a2.jpg

PS... There's a few noticeable large scratches on supports near the top of the site, let's hope these get touched up before it opens, which I'm sure they will; just saying. ;)

That toilet block roof worries me...

Erm... Ok then... Care to explain this because I don't get why a support slightly cutting through a roof of another building is anything to care or worry about. Not difficult to ensure that the existing unmoveable building isn't affected by the actions of the ride supports (I.e. Vibration, stress, etc)...

I look forward to seeing this with my own eyes today...

Personally, when I go to Towers later this season, I'm going to be awe-stricken by The Smiler. Don't think I'm going to be paying attention to a little bit of missing roof on a toilet block...

It was merely an observation.

I shouldn't think the GP will care about a corkscrew transition, either.

I think it will kill the adrenaline a bit braking the ride straight after a corksrew, but I won't knock it until I have ridden it!

As for the whole ride, it looks great - but only if it has lapbars. With over the shoulder restraints I could see it easily becoming the most painful ride in the UK. (Ok, maybe not as bad as The Ultimate, although I still like that...)