The Smiler

th13teen

I'm not so keen on the uniforms. I guess if past actors are anything to go by, then this isn't the official outfit. Still, it's great to see these actors out and about in X Sector. It raises the excitement and hype just a little bit more :D

Fingers crossed this bad weather spell hasn't affected construction work.

I'm not so keen on the uniforms. I guess if past actors are anything to go by, then this isn't the official outfit. Still, it's great to see these actors out and about in X Sector. It raises the excitement and hype just a little bit more :D

Fingers crossed this bad weather spell hasn't affected construction work.

They aren't actors, they are the ride staff that are simply standing around the ride area.

That is the uniform, at least one of them.

If the world first is the inversion record, it has no reason to be breaking down all the time...

Indeed, most Gerstlauer coasters are reliable, let's not tar them all with the same brush just because Saw is useless...

But what would explain the blocked out sections of pictures and the 'secret world's first element' in the game? It may just be the inversions, but I think it is most likely something else

They aren't actors, they are the ride staff that are simply standing around the ride area.

That is the uniform, at least one of them.

Interesting! Well it's certainly a nice touch having the ride team themselves around the area,

I'm not 100% sold on the uniform, but I suppose it'll grow on me. A white clinical outfit would have suited the theme perfectly.

@Fred - that look absolutely horrendous! The park had no choice but to close IMO.

We've seen what was behind the blocked out pictures by other aerial photos. There was nothing there whatsoever (Well, a brake run).

Must have missed those ones! Still, to me it would be a bit of an anti-climax if the 'top secret' element to be revealed in the game is just the inversion record, because it's not really top secret!

Don't see why people are panicking about it just yet - not all trims are noticeable (example - Swarm).

Would also be interested to what people would prefer - a trimmed airtime hill allowing for following elements to be taken in such a way that it will smash your head to smitherines or an untrimmed one where following elements smash your head in?

Just because Th13teen has trims (like other Intamins) which are painfully noticeable, don't jump the gun and think this will be.

Seeing that latest aerial shot it's just hit me the sheer scale of this thing!

It's true! The ride is actually enormous. It's certainly looks like the most compact coaster in the world but when you're actually there, this thing feels like it dwarfs Oblivion. The track is huge - much bigger and wider than Saw's - and the pictures (not even this recent aerial shot!) really don't capture the size of The Smiler.