The Smiler

th13teen

Well, we pretty much know it's testing, so it would be pretty silly of them to have not got shots of it testing with that set up.

It does seem as if we won't see it run until it opens, which is great for the build up. Can't help but feel that some will get too excited and think there's still some special secret, and could end up disappointed when seeing there isn't (as I highly doubt we're seeing any special features on the cars or the lift hills, as has been speculated...)

That picture from the telegraph make it look all kinds of crazy! Hopefully they'll have lighting like that during Scarefest!
Although, I do wonder why they used red instead of yellow?

I love the official teaser video as well! I cannot wait to get on this! But my next trip isn't until September :(

I believe I have worked out what the clues are, does anyone else have any thoughts?

If you hit enter after you enter your guess, it comes up with a tick if you're right. :)

Apparently, Smiler is appeared on Daybreak tomorrow, with human riders..!

I'm saying it's pointless because News Round, is aimed at young children as it's incorporated in the childrens couple of hours on the BBC mostly viewed on CBBC. The vast majority of parents will either be still at work or cooking dinner on a weekday so the people who can ride it won't see it and the people who can't ride it do see it...

So not all children who watch Newsround are over 1.4m and will then pester their parents to watch said show (IPlayer ftw) and then go to the park?

Indeed, isn't Newsround later on in the day when most families are partly at home? Like, gone 5? If parent picks kid up from school they're bound to be at least AROUND to see it...

Actually quite sensible at aiming towards the higher age range of kids... Who have the pushing power to the parents...

I remember seeing a near identical 'report' for Oblivion just before it opened (yeah, I was 20 and watching Newsround. And what? Neighbours was about to start!) and that reminded me I needed to go. Good on them for getting the exposure.

I remember seeing a near identical 'report' for Oblivion just before it opened (yeah, I was 20 and watching Newsround. And what? Neighbours was about to start!) and that reminded me I needed to go. Good on them for getting the exposure.

I remember watching the Oblivion report, I was 8. Dad asked if I would go on that when older, I said no way.

It stuck with me though, and I rode it about 7yrs later. Ooooooooh marketing worked! ;)