The Smiler

th13teen

Considering even the likes of Swarm and Thirteen only (just) hold around 90-120min queues, I would suggest someone is making stuff up to completely troll the enthusiasts...

Let's not forget that Fastrack will not be running on Smiler for the initial bedding in period as well, so that will prevent any further issues with a long as hell queue... Indeed, it might well get up to 3 hours on the Bank Holiday weekend/Half Term, but 6 hours is just ridiculous...

At a guestimate, maximum capacity could be anywhere up to 1400pph. I'd expect more a theoretical capacity in the region of 12-1300pph though, again at a guestimate.

If it's got a 6 hour queue capacity, that would mean at least the capability for 7200 people... Unless this thing has a ridiculously long queue which is just unnecessary, I can't see that happening...

It's not true, Alton Towers would probably hit capacity before there were that many people queuing for one ride - considering how large the park is.

The original Nemesis queue was about twice the length when it opened. It wouldn't get such long queues now because there is a much wider selection of rides now.

I doubt the general public care for the age of a ride. If it is good - they will want to ride it. Nemesis is arguably the most popular ride at the park, but I doubt it will get 3+ hour queues these days.

Obviously The Smiler will have exceptional queues in its opening year, but in time that will normalise. There would be absolutely no need for a 7 hour queue line.

Giant tin building =/= Giant shipping container...

You're right. I'd rather have a shipping container if I'm honest.

Shipping containers might not be original, eye-pleasing etc but at least they are somewhat linked to The Swarm's theme, whereas The Smiler is supposed to be very clinical and tidy!? That makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

How on earth is it going to tickle you when you're going at those speeds? I haven't been following this project that closely, but the tickler is those car wash bits right? Any contact with them at speed and you're just asking for trouble.

Unless there's something built into the seats? No idea, we'll soon see.

How on earth is it going to tickle you when you're going at those speeds? I haven't been following this project that closely, but the tickler is those car wash bits right? Any contact with them at speed and you're just asking for trouble.

Unless there's something built into the seats? No idea, we'll soon see.

Unless they want guests to have 100 small lacerations on their hands and arms then it will be the seat, it would be slightly stupid on alton's part if they allowed that. It will be built in the seat or the will be leg ticklers for sure, cos there is no other way for it to tickle you.

Unless they want guests to have 100 small lacerations on their hands and arms then it will be the seat, it would be slightly stupid on alton's part if they allowed that. It will be built in the seat or the will be leg ticklers for sure, cos there is no other way for it to tickle you.

Or, much more probably, it won't tickle you at all. You fly near something that would tickle you had you touched it, thus invoking the fear of being tickled rather than actually being tickled.

As Benin said, the words of a man trying to persuade children to visit on a childrens program should not be taken as fact.

I like the music... No point basing it off small snippets of it as it could be a very long and variating piece of track (indeed, past records for Merlin music are quite good)... And of course the quality of music recorded through any form of camera ALWAYS fails...

Looks like a typical rush to the finish whilst they sort out the details... Fun times... Look forward to returning to the country with half the enthusiast population killing themselves because this ends up being crap ;)

Just noticed the entrance on the left is for Fastttrack, Single Rides and disabled people. Does that mean that they will all be in the same queue or is the single riders just a temporary thing until the fasttrack system starts on the Smiler?