The Smiler

th13teen

The thing I will be interested to know is if there was another 'secret' element thing that they keep saying will be kept under wraps until opening. I don't wanna know what it is but I do want to know if there is one

Projection mapping or duelling?

Not sure which one is the worlds first though?

Watching the updates on TT Live and Towers Nerd and it looks awesome! Hopefully will be able to go - first time as well! :D

None of those are world firsts, and the coaster doesn't even "duel" as such, there just happen to be trains coming close to each other at one or two moments. Unless they refine the synchronisation later... Basically there is no secret element, although there are a few surprise features.

It does look like an amazing ride, though! Wow!

Shocking how all the negative reviews I've read of the ride are from people who are yet to ride it. Funnily enough, I predict that they'll still swarm over it like a fly to sh!t when they finally get to Towers and ride it.

I'm not sure whats worse, the people who haven't ridden it and calling it rubbish or the people who are dismissing it because its a Gerstlauer. Enthusiasts, for people who are supposed to love theme parks and rides are the most fickle and narrow minded people of the lot sometimes.

I'm not sure whats worse, the people who haven't ridden it and calling it rubbish or the people who are dismissing it because its a Gerstlauer. Enthusiasts, for people who are supposed to love theme parks and rides are the most fickle and narrow minded people of the lot sometimes.

The dismissals have been literally down to the fact Gerstlauer built Saw... A real shame that some people are that narrow minded not to look at more than just one ride to prove how 'crap' a company are...

Can't wait till my trip in July to try this out. All in all, it seems like an amazing addition to AT's line up, and if the reviews I've heard are anything to go by, it is a great ride. I'm not buying into any hype (especially the whole 'better than Nemesis' stuff), because of 'new ride syndrome', but I am excited.

Anyone heard any rough ideas on throughput along the grapevine? I read 600pph on Facebook, though surely that's utter rubbish.

None of those are world firsts, and the coaster doesn't even "duel" as such, there just happen to be trains coming close to each other at one or two moments. Unless they refine the synchronisation later... Basically there is no secret element, although there are a few surprise features.

It does look like an amazing ride, though! Wow!

I was being sarcastic, as there was apparently a secret world's first according to enthusiasts and unnamed "sources". ;)

Also the coaster does seem to duel, although not every time which will most likely be sorted.

I was being sarcastic, as there was apparently a secret world's first according to enthusiasts and unnamed "sources". ;)

Also the coaster does seem to duel, although not every time which will most likely be sorted.

so basically the duelling is like Swarms fire effect

OK guys. During the opening day I took 777 Photos. I have uploaded ALL of them. Some are blurred. Some were used on the live, others weren't (Not necessarily due to them being better or worse, when we were doing the live we could only look on the small screen of the iPhone to decide which to post). Also a lot of them are shot in burst mode, so it may look like there are multiples of the same photo. They are actually 0.2 of a second later. Enjoy.

https://plus.google.com/photos/106418309379254557984/albums/5884398095971730385?authkey=CN3Ui6vQibLrAQ

I guess that'll be because it is a train down at the moment? It will be running slightly out of synch because of the missing slot every 5th dispatch, when it returns that should line everything up.

OK guys. During the opening day I took 777 Photos. I have uploaded ALL of them. Some are blurred. Some were used on the live, others weren't (Not necessarily due to them being better or worse, when we were doing the live we could only look on the small screen of the iPhone to decide which to post). Also a lot of them are shot in burst mode, so it may look like there are multiples of the same photo. They are actually 0.2 of a second later. Enjoy.

https://plus.google.com/photos/106418309379254557984/albums/5884398095971730385?authkey=CN3Ui6vQibLrAQ

I sat there for ages pressing the 'next picture' button really fast so the burst pictures looked like a flick book :blush: hahaha

@holtjammy LOL :)

re: throughput. No way is it that low. The queue is constantly moving. I would put it closer to 1200 than 600. The queue feels as swift as 13's queue does.

Well guys. I rode smiler twice again today. First time it was rougher than saw. I was really shocked with how it could change over 2 days Not only did it lurch around the track but it also had one hell of a vibration.On the 2nd time it was much smoother. One further point, on Friday Morning it was much much quieter. It now has a nemesis roar I am also wondering if it is being a bit big headed and trying to threaten Nemy's prowess.

I am trying to work out if it is due to certain cars or certain weights. I didn't see what car we were on at the first time, but the smoother ride for us was car 5.1. I think we need to crowd source some feedback on this.

After today's rides I will back down on my statement that it was as smooth as a B&M and up there with Nemy. The first ride was comparable to Saw. The second was better but still not as smooth as Friday morning.

One thing that I did see, that I hadn't noticed before, was the theming on the ceiling of the area where you hand your bags in. I'm not going to spoil it for you but it is quite a good fan based joke.