The Flying Fish

AHW

The positioning (just beside Neptunes Beach, near Tidal Wave) is excellent.

Except that no one can see it! Even the way the paving has been done, it was just stuck on the side of the path, hidden out the back there. The whole OG area should have been opened up, along with perhaps part of the wall from the beach to create a new plaza. An area for the families, with the headline being the Fish. I love the fish, but it's very hidden and sadly out of sight.

Except that no one can see it! Even the way the paving has been done, it was just stuck on the side of the path, hidden out the back there. The whole OG area should have been opened up, along with perhaps part of the wall from the beach to create a new plaza. An area for the families, with the headline being the Fish. I love the fish, but it's very hidden and sadly out of sight.

There is a positive any negative for this point...Negative - You are right Neilfever, it is barely noticable and is not as popular as it could be.Positive - You can usually guarantee a ride on the Flying Fish with mimimum queuing! :rolleyes:If it was to bother a lot of guests, then I would imagine that THORPE PARK would put a sign just before you turn left (if facing the Dome) to go to Flying Fish.

A sign as been on the cards for a while now and the park tried to up it's profile with stickers for the staff to wear.. A lot of the problem is of course the target audience now. Most people have no intention of riding a kiddie coaster. However, the park will still have families or kids too scared, or small to ride the bigger rides. For that reason, it should be just as important as the other rides.

A sign as been on the cards for a while now and the park tried to up it's profile with stickers for the staff to wear.. A lot of the problem is of course the target audience now. Most people have no intention of riding a kiddie coaster. However, the park will still have families or kids too scared, or small to ride the bigger rides. For that reason, it should be just as important as the other rides.

I agree!And I always have felt that you are never too old to ride a good old Runaway Train style coaster. (In our case, a good old ride on a Fish! :D)

I think no harm could be done by putting a couple of signs up pointing to it or emphasizing it on the map as a kiddie ride :D

Agreeing with signs up.I don't think you should put it as a kiddies ride though. More the fact "a ride for everyone". (Within reason obviously :D)The Merlin Entertainments Group might even do a cool audio piece to put above the sign as it could be "beachy" due to Neptunes Beach behind it! :DMaybe something like..."Hey dudes! Oh and dudettes! Have you felt the waves yet? You haven't?! Well why not come over and ride the groovy Fish that Flies!"Then you might even want to add something at the end like..."You only have to be 0.9m to ride the Flying Fish, so that is pretty much all dudes and dudettes, so are you cool enough to feel the waves?"Just ideas obviously! :D :D

• 1 year later...

I really went on the new Flying Fish for the first time and I was surprised how rough it was, at the section near the end. The camera was set up a bit strange as I didn't even get on a photo :/ which was strange because I saw it flash about 20 times!

Edited by Neilfever
Punctuation

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Completely random point which I don't think has been mentioned, but Thorpe have got rid of of the SRQ on Flying Fish and has been replaced by a 'First Plaice Queue' (pun intended :P).

I doubt it's actually a front row queue or anything, but more a nice little thing to make people smile. ;)

• 1 year later...

Flying Fish really is in a bad location because of THE SWARM, not as if I'm hating on THE SWARM or anything because I'm not, but Flying Fish is beginning to lose it's whole surfer dude theme! You can basically hear THE SWARM's iconic metallic cry from the Fish, so why not relocate the Fish to (say) the former site of Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari, as Thorpe have done NOTHING with that site since it was closed! If this happened, Flying Fish would totally blend in with the rest of Calypso Quay! :D

Flying Fish really is in a bad location because of THE SWARM, not as if I'm hating on THE SWARM or anything because I'm not, but Flying Fish is beginning to lose it's whole surfer dude theme! You can basically hear THE SWARM's iconic metallic cry from the Fish, so why not relocate the Fish to (say) the former site of Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari, as Thorpe have done NOTHING with that site since it was closed! If this happened, Flying Fish would totally blend in with the rest of Calypso Quay! :D

That's not a bad idea actually!

To be honest, the location of this at the moment is not too bad. Okay, it's not a brilliant location but its within the Neptunes and Amity areas and the theme therefore is quite coherent even with the nearby Swarm devastation theme.

Also, the ride presentation is noticeably better than a few years ago too because some shrubbery is starting to appear now though not near the amazing standard of the original.

The current location is fine, the ride does the job and it is a very comfortable ride. The only thing which needs doing is a lick of paint to brighten it up and they need to decide what they want to do with the two pools in the middle of the track, one has water, the other one doesn't. Plus I would love to see the Flying Fish fountain back again.

If they don't want to spend much money, they fill in the two ponds and grass it over and give it a lick of pain. Moving it wouldn't achieve anything IMO.

IF and a big if Spinball comes to Thorpe, they could place it on the beach opposite the fish and remove that half of the beach. Just an idea.