The Flying Fish

AHW

I highly doubt Spinball would move to Thorpe at all...

Anyway...back to the Fish!

If it was to be moved to Calypso Quay, it could possibly recieve a slight retheme: a Hornet swarm for instance? Or just a slightly modified version of the Fish to make it blend in with it's jungle surroundings!

The current location is fine, the ride does the job and it is a very comfortable ride. The only thing which needs doing is a lick of paint to brighten it up and they need to decide what they want to do with the two pools in the middle of the track, one has water, the other one doesn't. Plus I would love to see the Flying Fish fountain back again.

If they don't want to spend much money, they fill in the two ponds and grass it over and give it a lick of pain. Moving it wouldn't achieve anything IMO.

IF and a big if Spinball comes to Thorpe, they could place it on the beach opposite the fish and remove that half of the beach. Just an idea.

If they do move Spinball to thorpe that is the only place I could think of putting it, and probably the best, and I agree on everything you said, theres no point moving it. But like CoasterDude said I doubt they will actually move it to thorpe.

I actually think people are missing something here. The Abbey Lake peninsula, which is currently covered in trees, would serve as a palatable location for this type of coaster - much more so than the central area of the park, right outside Port Atlantis and metres from the Crash Pad. The tree coverage is dense on the Abbey Lake peninsula so Thorpe could leave a decent sound barrier for Chertsey town if they put Spinball there. From the entrance it will be visible behind Saw but it won't pull a Storm Surge and stick out like the noisy, poorly-themed coaster it sadly is. It could work well in Canada Creek. I couldn't imagine Thorpe putting a ride like Spinball at the centre of their park, not after Storm Surge single-handedly destroyed the Thorpe sky-line and any views across the park, the heap o' sh!te.

I actually have a soft spot for the ride; it's no Dragon's Fury, but it's good fun. I do agree though, that it needs to leave Alton and the sooner the better. Would prefer it at Oakwood. If Thorpe are under the impression they require such a ride it would probably serve them better to simply buy a new model with a custom layout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 1 July 2013 at 3:57 AM, Sidders said:

I actually think people are missing something here. The Abbey Lake peninsula, which is currently covered in trees, would serve as a palatable location for this type of coaster - much more so than the central area of the park, right outside Port Atlantis and metres from the Crash Pad. The tree coverage is dense on the Abbey Lake peninsula so Thorpe could leave a decent sound barrier for Chertsey town if they put Spinball there. From the entrance it will be visible behind Saw but it won't pull a Storm Surge and stick out like the noisy, poorly-themed coaster it sadly is. It could work well in Canada Creek. I couldn't imagine Thorpe putting a ride like Spinball at the centre of their park, not after Storm Surge single-handedly destroyed the Thorpe sky-line and any views across the park, the heap o' sh!te.

I actually have a soft spot for the ride; it's no Dragon's Fury, but it's good fun. I do agree though, that it needs to leave Alton and the sooner the better. Would prefer it at Oakwood. If Thorpe are under the impression they require such a ride it would probably serve them better to simply buy a new model with a custom layout.

The abbey lake 'peninsula' is a piece of land that Thorpe have been filling in. It is one of the only large pieces of land that they have left and I highly doubt they would waste it on a family ride. I really do not think they would add a family ride anyway, even though it would be a good addition Thorpe have clearly gone for the thrill seeker route. And if they did do all of this you would not see it behind saw, wouldn't it be behind stealth and swarm.

• 2 years later...
On 7/15/2013 at 8:28 PM, Kerfuffle said:

They seriously need to restore those station announcements they had back in 2007, as I'm now getting sick of the chart music wrecking the theme!

eg. "Alright dudes! Keep those fins inside the fish, and hold on tight! Cos YOU'RE ready...the FISH is ready and HERE...WE...GOOOOOO!"

I'm always with you on that one!

• 4 years later...