TPM London Meet

MikeyT

London Winter Meet.Saturday 4th December and Sunday 5th December 2010.Saturday 4th December12pm London Waterloo Rail StationO2 fair and Winter Wonderland.Sunday 5th December10am London Waterloo Rail StationLondon Merlin Attractions & evening meal.Hey guys!Some of you will remember the awesome London meet-up we held last year, which was extremely successful and a fantastic day out for everyone. We're planning on doing exactly the same this year, abusing our Annual Passes around the London Merlin Attractions and visiting the London fairs during a two- day Annual Pass Bash!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The plan is to meet at London Waterloo Station, underneath the big clock in the centre of the station; near the escalators to Waterloo East, at 12pm on Saturday 4th December and 10am on Sunday 5th December.

Posted Image

On the Saturday we'll be visiting the O2 Fair and Winter Wonderland. On the Sunday we'll be having a Merlin Marathon! I've recommended that we meet at Waterloo as it's relativly central for everyone to get to; that way, we can all meet, catch up and then travel as a group.. For both days. I'd recommend buying a Travelcard as there will be some travel involved, although if you have a Pay As You Go Oyster, you can also use these. Offpeak Travelcards are £7.50 for Adults over 16, £2.50 for anyone under 16. If you have a Young Persons's Railcard, the price of a Travelcard drops to £5. If you're travelling from outside of zone 6 then Travelcard prices may be more. I'd suggest taking a quick look on National Rail to get an idea of how much a ticket is.What made the trip such a success last time was the laid back atmosphere and itinerary of the day. I would suggest we meet at around 12 on the Saturday and have a laid back approach to the two fairs. As more people can attend the Sunday, we've decided to do the majority of the activities then. On the Sunday a suggestion for the day would be to do the Dungeons and Sea Life first, before breaking for lunch. There are various food places around the Waterloo area, though bear in mind that it will most probably be somewhere like McDonalds or similar.Then we have the Eye and Madame Tussauds to do.Please don't feel as though you have to attend all of the attractions, people are welcome to join the meet at any time of the day at any of the attractions. I will provide contact details for people that wish to join later in the day. Likewise, if people don't wish to attend Winter Wonderland then we'll make sure you get home safely. ;)There is a possibility of a meal in the evening for anyone who is interested, though this is still in discussion- if you have any suggestions then please feel free to put them forward. Also if people wish to join us for the meal and haven't been able to attend any of the attractions then feel free to pop along. Keep an eye out here for any further information.For anyone that hasn't attended a meet before, this is a good one to come to as you'll get to know the members very well whilst enjoying the attractions. Last year there was a fantastic atmosphere. Every effort will be made to make all new members feel welcomed and we encourage meet- up virgins to come and join in the fun (wow how cheesy does this sound?).Feel free to discuss here. Let us know if you're attending/ not attending so we have a brief idea. Also why not add yourself to the attending list on the Facebook Event Page. We look forward to seeing you there in just 2 weeks time! ;)

Guys, yeah sorry this is my fault. There's been a little misunderstanding in communication on my part. After double checking, it seems that the Merlin stuff is happening on the Sunday 5th December, not the Saturday. So my mistake! Bear with me and I'll confirm details again as soon as I've checked with Aero. ;)

Guys, yeah sorry this is my fault. There's been a little misunderstanding in communication on my part. After double checking, it seems that the Merlin stuff is happening on the Sunday 5th December, not the Saturday. So my mistake! Bear with me and I'll confirm details again as soon as I've checked with Aero. ;)

Success!! Phewww, I'm attending then but bare with me, I'll be knackered ;)

I am definitely, 100%, without a doubt, attending this meet. Also, after the success of the EoS Meet Meal, I think an evening meal here should definitely happen.I'm confirmed! ;)

That meal was epic! :PFrankie & Bennys for the evening meal - there's something for everyone on the menu (who doesn't like pasta, pizza or burgers?), lovely pina coladas, and cheaper than Nandos!I will definitely be attending the Sunday Merlin attractions thingy, not sure about the Saturday. I have the day off work by coincidence (holiday needs using up) but will probably have college work to do, or just need a day off from being so busy with college. Not too fussed about the fairs either, especially as Winter Wonderland will cost a bomb!Bring on Madame Tussauds and the Spirit of London taxi ride though! ;)

I must admit, I'm not crazy for the fairs either, though I will definately be there for the social aspect! Plus the Wurst Koch madness at Winter Wonderland. ;)Michaela, I totally don't blame you for wanting a vegging out day! :PAlso Spirit of London= pure Tussauds awesomeness. ;)

A Little heads up for people, I've received word that the prices of the rides at Winter Wonderland have been increased this year.£2 for Carters Steam Fair£4 for most other things£5 for the Freakout and EuroCoaster£6 for PowerTowerLooks like I'm off to the bank to apply for a loan.

Went yesterday, Not only was power tower £6 it was also broken. £4 for a bag of candy floss :|