Thorpe Park In 3D - Google Earth

Thrillseek3r

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Just to let you know I am having a go at building Nemesis Inferno. I am about 3 days in and up to the first in line twist! It is mega complicated, but looking quite nice.Will get some pics on here in the next day or two so you can see how it is coming along. :)As promised, but currently a work in progress :)Inferno1Inferno2

hey. I had to have a look and those models on google earth and they are fantistic!!! keep it up :) I was looking around at what people had made on the 3d warehouse and people have made the following... Vortex, Quantum, Burger King, Detonator, Samurai, Zodiac, Rush, the nemeses inferno shop, Slammer, Thorpe Game she and X-No way out. I dont know much about modeling and nothing about actually putting the things on googe earth but I thought you might be able to put these on? I dont know though, just thought it might help :Pbilly

OK chaps, quick update on Nemesis Inferno, so I am new to this and did not realise that you were restricted by the amount of Faces in a model. Nemesis Inferno has about 20 times the recommended amount!!! So I am currently doing some revisions and have broken the ride into a number of elements. You can view them over at 3D warehouse.Also, I have just completed Saw The Ride. This time I have kept to all the criteria set out in the modelling guide and I think you will like the results. It is by far my favorite model I have done thus far. Again, it has only just been uploaded to Warehouse, but go check it out searching for Saw or Thorpe Park.I will upload some screenshots of Saw The Ride for Google Earth a little later. :unsure:

There are a few areas that I have to add some artistic licence, but I try to stick as close to the real thing as I can. Glad you like. Planning my next model as we speak.

Can't wait to see next model they look good as always keep up the good work :unsure:

OK guys, new update, Nemesis Inferno is now live on Google Earth, I have included the games hut situated in the middle of the ride as well as the Ride Shop. I have a model for the ride entrance and fencing that is almost done, but am reluctant to upload too much fencing as there are a lot of polygon faces.Also, you will see the new X No Way out pyramid has gone in, and I am currently working on the entrance dome, which should be ready to upload tomorrow.We are making some headway now! I may start working on Colossus next week, but that is going to be a big project and will take a few weeks.I have also thought about trying to model the new 2012 coaster using the plans we have. Thoughts?

OK guys, new update, Nemesis Inferno is now live on Google Earth, I have included the games hut situated in the middle of the ride as well as the Ride Shop. I have a model for the ride entrance and fencing that is almost done, but am reluctant to upload too much fencing as there are a lot of polygon faces.Also, you will see the new X No Way out pyramid has gone in, and I am currently working on the entrance dome, which should be ready to upload tomorrow.We are making some headway now! I may start working on Colossus next week, but that is going to be a big project and will take a few weeks.I have also thought about trying to model the new 2012 coaster using the plans we have. Thoughts?

I would recommend not trying to recreate the 2012 coaster until after it is built cause there could be some changes to the plans!