Thorpe Park In 3D - Google Earth

Thrillseek3r

Update time. So additions this week include the Entrance Dome, Time Voyagers and food outlet, Stealth's Tyre and Inferno fencing and Entrance themeing. I am just finishing off Vortex. Someone has already done some of the flat rides as they are on Google 3D warehouse, but they are far too complex to be added to the 3D layer, so I am producing simpler versions for Google earth. Expect Detenator and Colossus coming soon.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Lee. So I am currently working on Tidal Wave, but I don't have as much time at the moment as I have done recently. I would love to do one of Colossus soon, but will find it hard to produce 3D models of rides that are not represented by street view, ie, rides that have been installed since 2009. Unless Google earth decide to update the street view soon, I wont be producing ride models post 2009, it is just too difficult and I don't think Google would except the ride models based on the 2009 imagery. But, there are plenty more models that I will be working on, so stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Right, it has been a little while, but I have been busy. Go over to my warehouse and I have just uploaded the latest addition to the park, Tidal Wave. Along with this, there are a number of smaller themed items, including the Heat Wave drier, Amity Water Tank, vending machines, the Stealth Diner and Storm in a Tea Cup!They should go live on Google Earth next week sometime. :(

• 2 weeks later...

HELP! I am trying to model Thorpe's Entrance. But I have only found a few photo's online and I really could do with some entrance photo's. Anyone got any or know where I can get some, as Google Earth Street View has not mapped the entrance!!!Ideally I need photos of the left and right side of the entrance building, as I have found a face on picture of the ticket entrance. I think there are toilets either side, but cant find any pictures.Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am going to start something new this week. I have been thinking about how I am going to do it, and I think it will look pretty cool when finished. So my next project is going to be Colossus. I will post a few teaser photo's on here as I progress with it, but I would not expect to see it for a few weeks. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know, Stealth is back on Google Earth now and looking more fantastic than ever now that it has it's own theming. Thanks to Seb who produced Stealth, I contacted him to physically change some of its dimensions to fit in better with the station and theming that I have done. I think you will all agree that it now looks bloody amazing. Colossus is coming along very nicely, but will be a number of weeks before we see it in Google Earth. I will post some teasers pics for you guys when I progress a little further.

Whats left I need to produce a 3d model for my portfolio so I think heres an opportunity :P

Well you'll have to check with javs as I've stopped modelling TP. And just look around you, there's millions of buildings that are not on Google Earth for you to choose from. I love modelling for Google Earth, but I just haven't had the time lately. (:

Hey guys. Firstly to answer your question Rollerross11, anything that is not already modelled on the 3D layer in google earth really, with two exceptions, Colossus and its terrain themeing and the park entrance. I have both of these models nearly finished. Other than that, go for it! Any help is welcome. -_-So I am nearly finished with Colossus and the area theming here. It looks very nice if I do say so myself. It has taken me 4 weeks and is quite a complex model!!!! Unfortunately, due to the limitations on google earth, I have had to simplify some of the structural work as with the other coasters I have done, but the overall result still looks very pleasing. I will let you guys know when it is live.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am having a little rest for a few weeks, but I am probably going to work on Canada Creek next. Lots of nice theming and buildings in there. I am scratching my head over the flume a bit though. I am going to do it, but not entirely sure how to do the bit thought the trees yet! Watch this space!