THE SWARM: Speculation & Theories

ZC2009

Here you can post all your theories and ideas about Project LC12. I'll start off with my first idea.I think this roller coaster will be a new concept ride, probably manufactured by B&M. It will be situated on one of the new islands behind Stealth, and will be based around some sort of nuclear explosion or disaster. Picture this:You enter the queueline through a big doorway in a huge power station-like building. The queue would then weave through the building, with riders travelling along long creepy corridors. The boarding station is like the boiler or control room, where the riders board the train. The train would then travel through a short tour of the building, eventually starting to climb up a hill. The train then stops abrubtly, and a video is shown. The video is basically the engineers failing to control the process, and it all going horribly wrong. As the power station explodes, the train is launched up the remainder of the hill and out of the building. The track then flies around with various inversions and elements, resembling molten and bent metal from the explosion. The ride ends with the train coming to a halt in an undestroyed, saved part of the building, and riders exiting through an 'emergency exit tunnel'. The empty train would then loop back round to pick up the next load of passengers.This is only an idea of what I would do with the ride, and I now invite you to suggest yours.

that sounds cool :)well... my idea isas with I expected with saw the ride they just decided to add some random bricks and bits of metal "traps" and made it look old and messy so I expect we will see a few bricks and metal on LC12 but anywayyou queue by going through a house thats partly destroyed and like parts of ruins and stuff then you go up to what looks like a bomb site and you enter the station which is a concrete bunker of some sort then you board the train which goes round a corner and does some little twists and turns then it starts to ascend the lift hill then it lurches back abit (kinda like falls down the hill abit) then theres like sound effects of bending metal and like a recording of a computer voice saying the hill cant handle the weight then it drops abit more then starts to climb it again it goes down does a few loops and elements does some hills get some airtime then it slows sown and enters a different building which passengers get off at and then it goes back to the original station :DI have no idea whether that kind of lift hill is possible but it would be a cool idea :)

Both of those ideas sound pretty good :) I don't really know about the actuall track layout, but I do have an idea about the queue line... The majority of the queue would be outside themed around an apocalypse etc. There would be alot of scenery fitting in with the post-apocalyptic or nuclear disaster idea and mabey even a few animatronics. The end of the queue would be inside themed around a nuclear bunker with loud noises and mabey some coloured lights, like the ones in X:\ No way out. There would also be some effects that interact with the people queuing like the air blaster thingy in the Saw: The ride queue line, or the electric ball in the queue for Th13teen. The actual station would be underground (similar to x-raptors) and would be themed as a concrete bunker like trippy suggested. The exit would be an emergency exit or somthing similar to that and there would also be a little room for you to buy a ride photo at the end :D

Well, with the whole 8 words and picture that the park has given us, we can hardly have a better idea at what the ride will be. Maybe a slight hint towards a theme, but even then, it's quite generic.So, here's my theory:- B&M- Situated on Island C (behind Flying Fish)- 40-50m tall.- Some form of monster involved in the ride's theme.Hopefully we can get a ride that has more of a story line, like Oblivion. Something that Saw could have done a lot better at.

New York is always the centre-piece of apocalyptic disasters in films. They should do that. Blow up New York and just set it in the 80's just to make it unique (with epic 80's music, **** yeah!). Cloverfield: the ride!I've just noticed there is something like this idea:Posted ImageThey could do with another american theme, lol. Its not like the whole park isn't on that continent! with Amity, LC, Canada, Saw, etc.Tbh, I could go back to my own original idea with a ride called "Storm" themed in a similar manor. Shame they nicked my name for that other ride...

I heard somthig similar, but it was more like:" X:\ No Way Out will be removed and Oblivion will be Moved from Alton Towers to replace it"It would be good if that happened, but there is that problem with digging the hole, which has been disscussed before.

Yeah, this is never going to happen. Sorry to disappoint.

I really hope LC12 will not be something that the towers has done before because people will choose Thorpe over Alton. LC12 should be a new prototype from either Inatmin or Vekoma something that the UK needs and something that will really blow peoples mind!

It's most likley going ot be a B'n'M. Personally I would like a Vekoma, but I think B'n'M would be better for a prototype (or even a very recent design of rollercoaster) because they do generally make good rides wich are smooth, reliable, safe, and have a very low down-time.

It's most likley going ot be a B'n'M. Personally I would like a Vekoma, but I think B'n'M would be better for a prototype (or even a very recent design of rollercoaster) because they do generally make good rides wich are smooth, reliable, safe, and have a very low down-time.

Except Air! But it will be a B&M prototype (hopefully) http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/products/floorless_en.aspx This is what we dont have in the UK!!!! It would just have to be very high and lots of airtime and inversions and also well themed!!

I think we do know what to expect so far as it will not be a coaster from Alton moved here. It will be a new coaster, and I'm 99% sure it will be the new B&M. Discussion of this is pretty pointless imo, and I'm sure once we see plans (which presumably aren't far off now a project name has been released) this will be confirmed.

I can definitely see it being a B&M. Maybe similar to the new prototype at gardaland. But I'm hoping for a dive. I think all hope for a woody has gone now, o well their is always 2015.

I doubt it would be a Dive Machine, but it would still be great! I'm personally hoping for a modified version of Gardalands prototype, which superb theming.

I doubt it would be a Dive Machine, but it would still be great! I'm personally hoping for a modified version of Gardalands prototype, which superb theming.

In a way I hope it not going to be like the new wing rider at gardalands because it my be a new experiences but I don't think they are that good. I have been on furius baco at port aventura and I did not think it was that good after I had been on it 3 times lol. I know it is an intamin so off-course it was ruff which it was lol but I did not think it was that trilling. I hope B&M can to better because I'm going to gardaland next year to ride x raptor so I hope its good.

In a way I hope it not going to be like the new wing rider at gardalands because it my be a new experiences but I don't think they are that good. I have been on furius baco at port aventura and I did not think it was that good after I had been on it 3 times lol. I know it is an intamin so off-course it was ruff which it was lol but I did not think it was that trilling. I hope B&M can to better because I'm going to gardaland next year to ride x raptor so I hope its good.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dive Machines. When I last went to Alton Towers with my Dad, the only ride he actually enjoyed riding was Oblivion. Also, my Grandad (who is 80) went on Sheikra 6 times last time my family went to Busch Gardens because he was so excited about the 'vertical bit'. But back onto subject.... I would like one of these '4D' prototypes that is going to Gardaland, just mabey updated so the seats rotate. One thing that has always put me off of X-Raptor is the fact that the track seems so simple. If Thorpe were to add more elements to a track of a similar nature and mabey install these rotating seats like on X2, then along with a bit of themeing it could be a amazing ride :)

Don't get me wrong, I love Dive Machines. When I last went to Alton Towers with my Dad, the only ride he actually enjoyed riding was Oblivion. Also, my Grandad (who is 80) went on Sheikra 6 times last time my family went to Busch Gardens because he was so excited about the 'vertical bit'. But back onto subject.... I would like one of these '4D' prototypes that is going to Gardaland, just mabey updated so the seats rotate. One thing that has always put me off of X-Raptor is the fact that the track seems so simple. If Thorpe were to add more elements to a track of a similar nature and mabey install these rotating seats like on X2, then along with a bit of themeing it could be a amazing ride :)

Rotating seats arnt as amazng as you think and will probabaly effect the layout dramatically it would be less complex due to the forces pulled off when rotating, trust me I have been on X2 and its a rush of fun but very forceful and therefore height and speed and elements will be thought through more than no rotation.

Rotating seats arnt as amazng as you think and will probabaly effect the layout dramatically it would be less complex due to the forces pulled off when rotating, trust me I have been on X2 and its a rush of fun but very forceful and therefore height and speed and elements will be thought through more than no rotation.

Fair enough, but to be honest most of the GP don't think of that. What with the Olympics being in London in the same year LC12 will be ready by, Thorpe Park will be getting a lot more visitors in the Summer. This big 'spinning seats' thing would make a lot of people want to go to the park bringing a lot more publicity and revenue, possibly even a World Class Roller Coaster in most peoples view. And seeing the ride is probably going to be manufactured by B'n'M, hopefully they can design that element of the ride a lot better than Arrow Dynamics or S&S did :)

when do we estimate plans being released?

Between now and then is the best answer to give. There COULD be a chance that they're submitted this week, what with them 'officially' announcing the project.

sorry for another question, but is the height limit being broken for this coaster. Or do we not know?

We don't know. The MTDP indicate it could be ~50m / 150ft, but we know how much a MTDP is worth, don't we...

LC12 = LOST CITY 2012?maybe we're reading into the image of stealth too much - it was probably put on there as its the icon of the park, otherwise it would just be a mushroom cloud that doesn't relate to the park at all.The new coaster could be an extension to the lost city, under the entrance bridge to the side of port atlantis? if they dropped samurai out of the LC line up and gave it to CC or Saw Island the area wouldn't be as big.but then again the name prob has no correlation to the ride... Dylan, Calypso, Odyssey... Stealth being the only one that kept its name... but only by default.

LC12 = LOST CITY 2012?maybe we're reading into the image of stealth too much - it was probably put on there as its the icon of the park, otherwise it would just be a mushroom cloud that doesn't relate to the park at all.The new coaster could be an extension to the lost city, under the entrance bridge to the side of port atlantis? if they dropped samurai out of the LC line up and gave it to CC or Saw Island the area wouldn't be as big.but then again the name prob has no correlation to the ride... Dylan, Calypso, Odyssey... Stealth being the only one that kept its name... but only by default.

Nah it's definitely on that island, they've started work on it :)