THE SWARM: Speculation & Theories

ZC2009

The groundwork has started, if you look over one of the hedges in the sunken garden you can see where they are filling in parts of the island by Stealth. Don't know if they have continued with this over the closed season, but they were working on it for parts of the 2010 season. I think the 'large mud patch' by the bridge was indicated as a possible location for the 2015 coaster, I doubt they will decide to use that for 2012.

LC12 = LOST CITY 2012?maybe we're reading into the image of stealth too much - it was probably put on there as its the icon of the park, otherwise it would just be a mushroom cloud that doesn't relate to the park at all.The new coaster could be an extension to the lost city, under the entrance bridge to the side of port atlantis? if they dropped samurai out of the LC line up and gave it to CC or Saw Island the area wouldn't be as big.but then again the name prob has no correlation to the ride... Dylan, Calypso, Odyssey... Stealth being the only one that kept its name... but only by default.

I know that Dylan was SAW but what was calypso and Odyssey?

...And Project X - X:No Way Out ;)Arguably, Calypso relates to Nemesis Inferno, due to it being central to Calypso Quay. And I heard something that it was called Project Odyssey because it was originally planned for opening in 2001, and there's the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. Not sure whether that's a bunch of rubbish or not though...

If we are talking "best possible" outcomes, I'd like to see a nice, long (see Montu or Kraken for example) B&M coaster.

Bare in mind the MTDP outlined a maximum length of both the 2012 and 2015 coasters of 850m. Montu and Kraken are about 1200-1300m in comparison. Still, Colossus is 850m, and that's an okay length coaster..

Let's just hope they do something more innovative than what they did with the un-inspired layout that turned out to be Colossus.I'm for an Intamin Mega-Lite or B&M 4D prototype similar to the concept at Gardaland, considering the chance of a Woodie is well and truly out the window and in the next street by now.

Bare in mind the MTDP outlined a maximum length of both the 2012 and 2015 coasters of 850m. Montu and Kraken are about 1200-1300m in comparison. Still, Colossus is 850m, and that's an okay length coaster..

I wasn't thinking realistically, just if it could be *anything*, that's what I'd like. :)

I think this coaster should stick to a 'world ending' sort of scenario and then have a brand new land. But the 2015 coaster should be something nice and colourful, because the last couple of years (exept Storm Surge) have been all death and decay and world ending with Saw, Saw alive and now LC12. So make something nice and maybe have like a surfer thing, or flyer, because the park will turn out to be a dark place with rides that indicate things will go wrong, which some visitors might not like. And I have another idea, at Fright Night have people running around in gas masks in this area ;) ;)

^^ So, basically, you would do the most obvious thing? The whole "world ending" thing is hardly very imaginative, and is practically what the teaser image is shouting out. I hope it is something less obvious than "world ending". As long as it has good potential that can be built upon.

It does tie in nicely with the whole 2012 phenomenon of the world apparently ending though. And although it's probably very pessimistic of me to say it, it is very hard to get an original theme at a theme park anymore. I'd rather they did a more obvious theme and did it well than attempt to do a more abstract theme that may not come across as well (with the inevitable budget cuts!) to the general public.Maybe we'll even get another IP? Godzilla -The Ride anyone? ;)

Yeah that's a good point about the supposed end of the world in 2012, they might make it mayan themed or something, due to their prediction of the end of the world. Would the mayan theme fit into Lost City?

It wont be going in Lost City.1) There is nowhere to put it,2)The island behind Stealth has been "preparing" for a while now, and3) It shows its location in the MTDP (which may not be very reliable, but still...)And theres no point in "The world is ending in 2012" because as everyone has said: It'll look stupid come 2013.From the image just a plain nuclear attack looks more likely.

And theres no point in "The world is ending in 2012" because as everyone has said: It'll look stupid come 2013.From the image just a plain nuclear attack looks more likely.

Yeh but if they are smart enough they can plan a 'explosion' in 2012, and thereforeafter this ride is the remains of a nuclear explosion for instance 'Chernobyl disaster' in Ukraine involving a huge nuclear devastation. People still do not live in Prypiat alongside Chernobyl. Both been abandoned for 24 years. It doesn't necessarily have to fit the 'end of the world' Just a massive devastation...

Maybe we'll even get another IP? Godzilla -The Ride anyone? ;)

Any more IP's could be a bad move ;). I think everyone wants to see something 'original' this time. Anyway there has been an interesting find on another forum regarding LC12 that could be a clue towards the nuclear bomb theme http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Canaveral_Air_Force_Station_Launch_Complex_12It was a Missile launching complex in America called Launch Complex 12, otherwise known as LC12 which was used to use to launch Atlas missiles. So Project LC12 could be a reference towards Launch Complex 12 then.

this ride is the remains of a nuclear explosion for instance 'Chernobyl disaster' in Ukraine involving a huge nuclear devastation.It doesn't necessarily have to fit the 'end of the world' Just a massive devastation...

That's what I meant. ;) If they tried they could really pull off an (unconfirmed) great ride with a great theme.But it is Thorpe we're talking about...

And theres no point in "The world is ending in 2012" because as everyone has said: It'll look stupid come 2013.

I disagree with this. If the theme is pulled off well enough, then the story could be adapted come 2013. For Stealth and Saw, Thorpe advertised them as a priority for two seasons, and would likely to do that again. Advertise it saying 'The world is coming to an end in 2012, blah blah blah' and in 2013 onwards create some sort of story saying the myth didn't come to fruition, but an explosion is coming... Or some sort of clever idea.

Anyway there has been an interesting find on another forum regarding LC12 that could be a clue towards the nuclear bomb theme http://en.wikipedia....unch_Complex_12It was a Missile launching complex in America called Launch Complex 12, otherwise known as LC12 which was used to use to launch Atlas missiles. So Project LC12 could be a reference towards Launch Complex 12 then.

Hmm, interesting. But I think it's looking at it a bit too deeply. Not saying it's implausible or anything, but it's just a bit too 'out there' in my mind..

has anyone considered it being a vekoma prototype. With their new 4 seat in a row design. I hope it is not but it just though I would put the idea out their.

On the MDTP it does look more like a B & M style track with the supports, but saying that, it does quite look like the new vekoma style aswell, personally I woudn't mind as long as it's not to rough!