THE SWARM: Speculation & Theories

ZC2009

I may sound stupid here or unless I haven't seen the video correctly but it seems that it is only the front row inner leg bracket that restricts forward movement and not just to the side. What is so different about the front row from all the other rows which means that forward movement of the person's leg needs to be restricted?

I honestly thought that track and wheels were too far from reach anyway. Your hands and arms are already blocked, so you can't reach track or wheels from the side of you.I honestly didn't find the front seats any different than any of the others (except the fact it's not as speedy).It's also worth pointing out that as the seats are raised from the floor, these brackets will really help some people jumping in and out of the seats too, as they act like a handle.

Edited by Neilfever

The rotorblades are guaranteed to be stationery. Both practically and plot-wise it'd be an impossible piece of themeing to create and continue. I very much doubt the wind will affect the water jets; we've already had confirmation of the jets being put in place mid-December, so there's no need to worry about that effect.

The rotorblades are guaranteed to be stationery. Both practically and plot-wise it'd be an impossible piece of themeing to create and continue.

I dont see why they couldnt spin, Saw blades have been spinning for 3 years now with no problems, I guess we will have to wait and see !

We are not talking about the blades spinning very fast here. Just rotating fast enough to make it look like the crash has recently happened, or even rotating in the wind? It is not the be all and end all to be honest, but any piece of theming that moves just adds to the interaction and realism.

Hopefully, the water effects may make an appearance, but the wind................yeah, the wind from the rotors and speed in the helix may clash, presenting no change in effect. But the water effect is a healthy idea

Bit confused what you mean when the wind from the rotors and the speed in the helix may present no change in effect. Do you mean you won't notice it when you are on the ride. In which case that doesn't matter, as Marc pointed out, Saw's Saw's spin and make no difference to the ride but it gives a good bit of interactivity and look from a spectator point of view.

Bit confused what you mean when the wind from the rotors and the speed in the helix may present no change in effect. Do you mean you won't notice it when you are on the ride. In which case that doesn't matter, as Marc pointed out, Saw's Saw's spin and make no difference to the ride but it gives a good bit of interactivity and look from a spectator point of view.

What I mean is you couldn't possibly feel two kinds of wind from two different sources. The speed going into the helix clashing with the wind from the rotors will merge into one, making no difference as to what wind you feel and from where it comes from. But certainly Thorpe could have it slowly spinning..........it would give off the effect the disaster happened recently. All that must be done is to install a motor inside the chopper cabin.

Why would a crashed, broken helicopter have functional blades? It seems like it would be a redundant effect even in the context of the theme.

Perhaps the helicopter might have just crashed, hence the blades would still have some momentum on them. I think it would be quite a good idea personally.

What I mean is you couldn't possibly feel two kinds of wind from two different sources. The speed going into the helix clashing with the wind from the rotors will merge into one, making no difference as to what wind you feel and from where it comes from. But certainly Thorpe could have it slowly spinning..........it would give off the effect the disaster happened recently. All that must be done is to install a motor inside the chopper cabin.

I'm awfully sorry but I still don't understand. Why would you feel the wind from the rotor blades? Maybe you would when the blades are rotating at full speed but after a crash the blades are going to be moving slowly or they will be stationary. There would be no wind felt from the rotor blades by riders or spectators because:1) They will not have enough momentum to generate a noticeable wind force.2) You would not be near enough to the blades to feel the wind from a rider or spectators position.Regardless of how fast the rotor blades are rotating, if you are a rider or spectator or how close you are to the helicopter's blades, you would defiantly not feel the wind. The only wind you will feel is that from the fast moving carriage you are sitting in as you travel around the helix so I don't think there will be any wind clashing from helicopter motors. :PI also doubt the helicopter will be mentioned in a Dev's Diary update. Not many people have actually browsed the plans and acknowledged that there will be a helicopter will be in the lake. I think it would be a nice surprise for the majority of the GP if they were to turn up at The Swarm island to see a crashed helicopter they did't actually know about.Also, wouldn't the helicopter have to have been installed by now if this 'rickety jetty' is to be installed? If anything, I am most looking forward to seeing the jetty, helicopter and ride entrance now. Seems strange that roughly this time last year the plans for this ride had just been submitted, and now we are 2 months away from being able to ride it! :(

Jack, that's what he's saying. From what I understand, Irishman has changed his mind and is suggesting that having a wind effect would be pointless because you wouldn't feel it.I think it'd be a cool idea to have the damgaed rotor blades slowly roatating as though the crash has recently happened. You could have smoke and other environmental effects, too. I think people are just expressing their excitement and are chucking out ideas. Nothing wrong with that!

Jack, that's what he's saying. From what I understand, Irishman has changed his mind and is suggesting that having a wind effect would be pointless because you wouldn't feel it.

Oh right, my mistake. Sorry Iron Irishman. :PI think it would be cool to see rotating blades as well, It will really add to that post apocalyptic feel. How realistic it would be is controversial, but I think it will reaqlly give of the vibe that the destruction has just taken place and your in a fresh disaster zone. This is all going to be so over whelming! I think the riders view will also be extraordinary. Swooping overhead as everybody looks up and zipping in and out of close scenery will be an astonishing feeling.