Closed Season

JoshC.

Does anyone have anything else that could be reported that isnt Swarm related?Nice to know Rush is getting some attention, I think it is slightly overdue.

Rush gets this 'major attention', if you will, on a three yearly basis. I believe they've received some new parts from S&S this closed season as well. As for something else that isn't Swarm related...maintenance is ahead of schedule this year, mainly due to the fact that there hasn't been large amounts of adverse weather (ie snow) this year, when compared to previous seasons. :)

Rush gets this 'major attention', if you will, on a three yearly basis. I believe they've received some new parts from S&S this closed season as well. As for something else that isn't Swarm related...maintenance is ahead of schedule this year, mainly due to the fact that there hasn't been large amounts of adverse weather (ie snow) this year, when compared to previous seasons. :)

That's excellent. If I recall, last years main problem at Thorpe was running out of food on AP day, the rides pretty much behaved themselves. It's good to hear that most things are ahead of schedule. :)

Rush gets this 'major attention', if you will, on a three yearly basis. I believe they've received some new parts from S&S this closed season as well.

Rush is getting alot more than normal this year! Hopefully will help improve its reliability after not one of its best years, would also be nice if they repainted it, after its work a couple of years ago the arms look a mess with the different colour patched up metal!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, Wasn't expecting the teacups to be taken apart!Also, I didn't realise a woodie was planned, that makes me dislike saw even more!

Most rides are taken apart over closed season; even Rocky Express probably is at some point or another..Agreed with the woodie thing; I thought it was just conveyed rumour, not something that was actually considered! :)

Fantastic pics.An amazing looking GCI woodie or Saw? Who the hell screwed up that choice and have they paid for their sins?Did they go into any detail into how and why that decision was made and if they would consider wood in the future?

Considering the timing of Merlin's takeover and Saw's construction, it might well have been a Merlin decision following their market research in that Wooden coasters are considered dangerous and unsafe by the GP...Ironic then if they built a steel coaster instead and gave it a dangerous and unsafe theme...

I believe it was to do with the marketing of the ride and it was a merlin decision as a euro fighter was cheaper and easier to market. They always had their eye on a tie in with saw so went for the cheaper ride type. On that note, the saw contract is 5 years long and Thorpe has the option to renew. At one point saw:alive wasnt going to be saw themed this year but they wouldn't say why.