Closed Season

JoshC.

They could quite easily get rid of the saw-osity, so I doubt they will relicense. Then they an advertise it as a new ride.Watchdog will have fun with that

They could, but then it'd leave a ride with random block brakes (as the Billy Puppet would go, as would the guns) in the dark; in a warehouse. All the traps would have to go, and the TV footage, and the signage; I think too much would go. It would either need to be: - Renewed - Replaced with a new theme (somehow) - Ripped outNot easy options now they've started IMO :)

What is the issue you guys have with the Saw ride anyways?I agree the theming outside of the building is pretty poor, it just looks like rusty old farm equipment but in terms of queue theming what else could they have added? One thing I did like was the looping voice thing while you was queuing but last time I was there that seemed to have stopped playing.In terms of the ride itself, I think it is fantastic - the comments about the roughness I don't really understand as I find the ride to be fine and purhaps making it super smooth wouldnt fit the Saw brief.I think Thorpe has much worse things compared to Saw, such as Storm Surge :)

A retheme would be somewhat easy to do I think:1) Change the theme to a generic chainsaw/rotary saw theme2) Replace 'block-brake Billy' with an anamatronic chainsaw wielding maniac - have a corny police voiceover telling people to "watch out, he's on the loose!"3) Keep the swinging saws on the inside drop4) Airgun brake could be removed, and there could be some chainsaw noises with flashing lights5) Remove dead spirting blood man beneath barrel roll6) TVs before lift hill could just display the chainsaw maniac shouting "I've got you now!" or something genericThen it would just be a case of just removing anything else directly related to the Saw brand. They probably planned Saw, well Project Dylan, without the Saw sponsorship, so they would just go back to those original plans.

My point was that the branding of SAW probably has more to it than you think. Everything you see in and around the ride is directly related to the films; even the axes. So I'm guessing they'd have to start from scratch as every little detail, right down to the station interior is related to SAW, and could possibly be copyright to Lionsgate, meaning when the brand goes, the theming goes.Yes they could redo it all to a new theme, but it'd be a fair bit of work. Plus they'd lose the "Horrorcoaster" idea and also the title of it being the "World's First Horrorcoaster" so in my eyes, it'd be an all round win situation to keep the brand on it. The films might be over, but they won't ever be forgotten. They're still one of (if not the?) biggest horror franchise on sales and profit.

True I guess. Perhaps the contract with Lionsgate allowed Thorpe to retain some elements of the Saw brand after the deal was over without the fear of copyright infringement - similar to when Ribena Rhumba Rapids became just Rhumba Rapids, or when Bubbleworks probably opens this year themed around the idea of a generic soap factory, rather than one owned by Cussions Imperial Leather. So I reckon the outdoor traps might stay, but the saw logo and "face your fears" will be removed.

4) Airgun brake could be removed, and there could be some chainsaw noises with flashing lights

Airgun brake could stay, 99% of the themeing could stay. Anything that specifically says Saw would have to go. Ive stresed about this before on here. The only thing that would really have to go is the Billy Puppets, Lift Hill TV Footage, and any sign that says Saw. The rest can stay, because it doesnt *actually* say saw, it just happens to be coincidental.

5) Remove dead spirting blood man beneath barrel roll

Does everyone know that this *is* Jigsaw?

Does everyone know that this *is* Jigsaw?

It is, because it's from SAW 1, hence why the barrel roll is set to look like the bathroom (I know its hard to notice when you're being flipped upside down, but it is the bathroom). Just like the guns are in a SAW film (I've forgotten which, which is bad of me), the Blades are from SAW 6, and the spikes are from SAW 7. The outdoor traps have no relevance to the actual films as far as I recall, but I might be mistaken. But the interior is entirely SAW. Everything down to the PC Screens in the middle of the air gates and the posters on the wall (SAW 2), the guy entangled in barbed wire (SAW 1, or is it 3?) and again, the overhead guns which is quite a common trap in SAW.Hence why I'd put my money to say that everything on the interior comes with the IP as it is all to do with SAW. And hence why I say the theming inside is fairly heavy :)

Hence why I'd put my money to say that everything on the interior comes with the IP as it is all to do with SAW. And hence why I say the theming inside is fairly heavy :)

It may be to do with Saw, but there would be zero problem with anything staying other than Billy, the logo and the video.Yes there may be a guy on the floor in a bathroom in a Saw film, but it is too generic a scenario for Lionsgate to claim ownership of that scene.Yes there may be some swinging blades in a Saw film..................but it is too generic a scenario for Lionsgate to claim ownership of that scene.Yes there may be overhead guns in a Saw film............................ but it is too generic a scenario for Lionsgate to claim ownership of that scene.Yes there may be a man in barbed wire in a Saw film................... but it is too generic a scenario for Lionsgate to claim ownership of that scene.etc etc etc.A few grand to remove the signage, crappy puppet on a trike and make a generic video. Retheme done.Having said that it's probably in everyones interests if the brand stays, as long as the renewal is not as prohibitively expensive as it was in the first place (which should be the case as the franchise has died).