Closed Season

JoshC.

• 1 year later...

It would be quite interesting if they ever did a February half term event in the future where selected rides are operating (mainly those nearer the entrance and that cope with the cold.

However seeing how unsuccessful they were in 2007/2008 where the maintenance level was disappointing and the park not prepared, I'm not expecting this anytime soon.

Anyone remember back in 2007 I think it was when thorpe released their open times and they were open through November / December / January 12 -9pm on weekends and some weekdays.

That would be interesting, they've clearly given it some thought in the past!

12-9pm over winter? That would be pretty darn cold!

Would be nice to see it sometime, but I'd personally want to park to develop a little more, have a couple more enclosed rides / attractions. That way, you're not constantly freezing your butt off outside, but can still make the most of it. Must admit, 'Winter Nights' would be a great thing to do, and they could create a nice feel to it.

It would be quite interesting if they ever did a February half term event in the future where selected rides are operating (mainly those nearer the entrance and that cope with the cold.

However seeing how unsuccessful they were in 2007/2008 where the maintenance level was disappointing and the park not prepared, I'm not expecting this anytime soon.

I'd love to see a February Half Term event re-appear; I think they're getting to the stage where they can have more rides available which are reliable in the colder weather. I'd personally prefer to see them return for 2015, as I expect / hope there'll be a fair amount of general sprucing up done this closed season, and would much rather not see that rushed. Hopefully the 4D cinema will be in use again if the rumours are true, and then there's another attraction to add to the line up.

I think after a couple of years of getting a Feb half term event to work, the park would be in a situation to at least try for small winter openings if they wanted to.

They have just rethemed X so I doubt that will happen, and the fireball is on the swarm!

There deflately is a fire ball on Swarm, but there was also one that used to be on Tidal Wave as an effect, but was sadly removed in 2005 due to Stealthconstruction.

TBH, there's quite a few things peoplle have wanted to happen over closed season, Tidal Wave fireball, Colossus repaint and topspin. It'll be interesting what will take place during Thorpe's closed season, or all parks as a matter.

Realistic things id like to see:

Entrance spruced up - I doubt we will see a massive amount of money here but maybe enough to make improve the presentation (remove them metal barriers!), electronic ticket machines too, they like to close a lot of booths during the day and you can be queueing up to 30/40 mins to even get a ticket. Along with the return of the original Entrance / Bridge theme - If they are going more family they should bring back themed music imo, theme parks should be about escaping the real world, no problem with it on special events etc though.

Audio - A lot has been fixed this year but still a few bits to sort, would be great if they could get park wide audio back to working as it should.

Park signage - I know its a small park but people do get lost, would be nice to see some signage across the park pointing towards areas / rides (Also replace that Stealth entrance sign!)

I'd like to see:

The asylum returning for fright nights

CCR returned

4D cinema returning

Top spin next to the asylum where the wooden fence is

Entrance spruced up

Colossus repaint

New wheels on Colossus

General park improvements

New park map design!!!

Somehow I highly doubt all of that will happen over one closed season but we can dream I suppose. But take into consideration they only managed to do 3 things last closed season and that was Swarm Backwards, X re-theme and giving Inferno steroids. But surely this year they'll give Colossus a repaint, it's starting to have the track colour and rust levels of some of the neglected Chinese coasters, new entrance (something like the new Cedar Point one would be nice) and a top spin free park :D

The new park map design has already been confirmed for 2014?

Anyway, in terms of 'actual' park improvements there is not much which I would want to see. Of course a new ride would be nice but I would rather we had a GOOD ride than a crappy investment put in(storm turd) just to try and bring extra guests in. So if we don't get one this year, and we get a good flat ride next year or the year after, I will be super duper happy ;)

A nice park 'do-up' would be nice, with any rides which need repainting being repainted, broken effects being fixed properly and hopefully some better themeing to distinguish the different areas of the park. A new entrance would be nice which is easily accessible so maybe they could redo the whole of the entrance area. As said before, electronic ticket booths would be nice aswell as people-operated ones so that they could remain switched on meaning that there would be a shorter queue to pick up/buy tickets.

I'm not sure if Blair witch used the CCR pathway or not but I remember that it definately used the station and if they want to continue Blair witch as a scare maze for next year(hopefully with a higher throughput!) then I'm afraid CCR will not be able to return. But the fact that they haven't demolished the whole railway track altogether still leaves hope and there was a track inspection going on the other day around the railway track! I hope too see the 4D cinema return aswell as some new shows around the park going on throughout the day and some new events! Also fix slammer and samurai please thorpe ;)

Then we can hopefully have a nice 2014 season :)

I'm not sure if Blair witch used the CCR pathway or not but I remember that it definately used the station and if they want to continue Blair witch as a scare maze for next year(hopefully with a higher throughput!) then I'm afraid CCR will not be able to return. But the fact that they haven't demolished the whole railway track altogether still leaves hope and there was a track inspection going on the other day around the railway track! I hope too see the 4D cinema return aswell as some new shows around the park going on throughout the day and some new events! Also fix slammer and samurai please thorpe ;)

BWP only used the station as the entry point and it followed the old route towards the farm (up until Rumba/Inferno) of which the track had been removed a few years back. It did not follow the route of the current track at all. Even if they keep BWP it doesn't mean CCR is not able to return as they would simply close it during Fright Nights.

Guess we will have to wait and see as to whether it will return, but must admit it is strange that everything is still exactly as it was left two years ago when it was closed, suggesting they do have a plan for it.

My only issue with Canada creek railway is that it seems to be kind of pointless? I remember back in the old days when I was little and it took you to a little farm on an island, it lead to a physical place you could go to. I can't remember what has happened to the farm but is there any chance of anything being put on the land the farm was on? I just feel canada creek railways is kind of pointless as it isn't a tour of the park or anything just of the woods. I can't remember what it looks like as I was really little when I rode it but I suppose it was very scenic and a nice little family train ride? Although a nice little ride, it seems kind of pointless to me... Would be nice if they could get a couple of attractions or something on the land where the farm used to be?