Closed Season

JoshC.

1 minute ago, ThemeParkLover said:

The shower......I got to experience it once and now on every ride I'm excited, hoping for the best and every time it's still broken. This needs to be fixed it makes the ride so much better.

Its a pretty simple thing to fix I mean its just a shower and it would make the ride so much better

12 hours ago, ThemeParkLover said:

Could we finally get a Rumba Rapids clean up??.....It's been starting to look dismal for a few years now.

Rumba needs a complete overhaul, from the top down.

The water effects need fixing, there used to be a waterfall coming down from the roof of the building and hoses on each side, as well as a waterfall further up the channel (which has been completely ripped out now).  I've never seen the shower work though I know it used to, but it's unlikely to return seeing as it has also been torn out now!

The tunnel has potential but at the moment it's a tour through a rotten concrete shed, the theming around the waterfall was removed, and have you seen how many spiders there are in there?!  There used to be two water jets in the tunnel, which haven't been working for years.

Elsewhere the queueline, ride and surroundings would benefit from an extensive cleanup and repaint.  I remember the lizard that used to shoot water at the queueline, little touches like that made it so much better than it currently is.

With that said, I don't think the ride needs a name change, and the theme music fits it perfectly.  Rumba does have potential to be a very good rapids, so it's a shame to see it left in such a dismal state year after year.

40 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

Rumba isn't the worst Rapids ride out there.

Splash Canyon at Drayton Manor is also another poor example of a Rapids ride  too.

Serioisly, some TLC could do wonders to this attraction. Whether they actually happen, who knows.

What don't you like about Splash Canyon out of interest? I quite like it; it has water effects, a tunnel (which is better than Rumba's), and a few items of theming as well as offering decent views of Shockwave. Needs a soundtrack though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...