Closed Season

JoshC.

I really hope loggers does stay, and I hope the tunnel returns. I have so many childhood memories on that ride and I know it sounds stupid but it is my all time favourite water ride, it isn't the best, I've been on far better water rides but I will always have a soft spot for it. It makes me sad seeing the troff filled with stones. I once did 66 rides in one day at summer nights, I literally went round for 10 constant hours, I only got off for lunch. I actually had to throw the clothes I was wearing in the bin as I stunk of the notorious disgusting loggers lake smell.

ps. Who remembers back in the day where nobody got wet on loggers apart from the front seat where a huge wave would flop over the front of the boat. Lol. Ahhh the memories

I might have to bet buying an AP in 2018 that Loggers is never coming back. Looks like my 2017 bet is safe.

The longer it's shut, the condition of the thing can only surely get worse. As I've pointed out before - there are obvious structrual issues with the track supports as they are using temporary support systems in a number of places. One would assume getting Loggers open again to a standard that mega H&S conscious Merlin are happy with will take a lot of money - money that perhaps has had to be diverted down other "tracks" :P

• 3 weeks later...

It still hasn't been perfect but has been more consistent the last two seasons, previous seasons it gave up by April/may and then was never sorted for the rest of season. At least they have managed to bother fixing it if it breaks the last few seasons.

The one that surprised me last year was the spinning blades beneath Saw: The Ride's drop. They worked faultlessly every season until last year, and I didn't see them work once in 2016.

Infernos mist has also been a lot thicker the last few years than it has in the past I've noticed. 

I believe saws blades didn't work last year due to them doing something to them during winter maintenance, and if they were to get them working again saw would've had to open a lot later. Wonder if theyll be back for this season. 

• 1 year later...

Right, nobody saw this coming in any form, but:

Colosssus repaint

New Colossus trains

Topspin

CCR reopening 

Loggers reopening

slammer reopening

Colossus repaint 

Tidal Wave fire ball return 

Rumba Rapids retheme

And a New show in the Arena

If all of this actually happens, I’ll dress up as Chief Ranger on open day!

Lets be realistic...

Would be nice to see parts of the park tidied up, queue lines repainted, paths jet washed and maybe even a colossus repaint? 

Conformation on Loggers leap would be good either way. 

Would like to see work on audio too, work at Stealth is good but parts of the queue are still dead, colosus queue is awfully quiet too which would be nice to be addressed!

Probably safe to say that with the success of the events over this year and it being a potentially low cap-ex year, we will see some form of refit to allow better events.. such as Neptune's Beach (most likely) or Old Town (least likely).

Thorpe are probably holding onto the Old Town area for the next high cap-ex cycle but I think there are other plans a-foot first. It'd be nice to see the rumoured re-configuration of the entrance area to include shops, restaurants, "Second Gates" like SeaLife, Dungeons etc that can be open all year round (that also supports the hotel too), but I doubt we will see that..

I think there's a lot of excitement brewing about "Project 2020" or "ProjectZero", but I can't see any signs in any of the financial reports that can verify this sort of spend. I think fingers have been burnt with DBGT and Swarm.. Remember that in an interview Nick Varney said that unless there is a 20% return on investment it doesn't get built... I think Swarm and DBGT have some way to hit that point. Until then, I doubt funds would be released..

So, for now, I think a focus on entertainment and retail offerings will be in the pipeline before any significant investment..

17 hours ago, Cedar Creek said:

Right, nobody saw this coming in any form, but:

Colosssus repaint

New Colossus trains

Topspin

CCR reopening 

Loggers reopening

slammer reopening

Colossus repaint 

Tidal Wave fire ball return 

Rumba Rapids retheme

And a New show in the Arena

If all of this actually happens, I’ll dress up as Chief Ranger on open day!

Ah the good old topic, where fanboys live in the clouds and predict the impossible will happen next season.

Ok, you realise there is no Arena now, it's Derren Browns Ghost Train. ? 

Slammer is NOT reopening, I don't know where this rumour started, but just get it out of your heads, it's NOT happening

CCR is also NOT reopening, it's dead, it's gone, build a bridge and move on. 

There will be no topspin, Rameses Revenge is not going to move to Thorpe. 

Tidal Wave's fire will also never return. 

59 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

Ah the good old topic, where fanboys live in the clouds and predict the impossible will happen next season.

Ok, you realise there is no Arena now, it's Derren Browns Ghost Train. ? 

Slammer is NOT reopening, I don't know where this rumour started, but just get it out of your heads, it's NOT happening

CCR is also NOT reopening, it's dead, it's gone, build a bridge and move on. 

There will be no topspin, Rameses Revenge is not going to move to Thorpe. 

Tidal Wave's fire will also never return. 

This makes me laugh more than the actual post you have quoted!

The forum is a place for opinions and supposed to be a fun place so there was no harm done in saying what was said! Clearly Cedar Creek (and myself) was joking and would not think those things would actually happen! 

Slammer really needs removing since it’s been dead for almost 18 months - I hate seeing rides SBNO....speaking of which - would be nice if TP finally let people know that Loggers won’t be making a splash back - if it does return I’ll eat my cats.

Realistically I can’t see much being done which is remotely high investment but it would be nice to see a general tidy up or jet wash in certain areas - and removal of chewing gum in queue lines.  Also a repaint of certain queue line fences (such as Rumba) - also repaint of the numbers in the Rush batching area which have faded to nothing.  

Some more benches would be nice - I’ve lost count of the times I’ve just sat on the floor.

17 minutes ago, Joe1 said:

So they have just released the ‘thanks for 2018’ video,  no real clues on what 2019 has to bring. However they did show a snippet of this area of the park, is it the loggers or rapids site?   Probably means nothing.  

E1C343A3-5916-4ED3-977C-CB827DDBEBB3.png

Glad I’m not the only one who noticed this ! I don’t think it’s either but I’m sure someone will work it out!