Closed Season

JoshC.

Could well be! It appears as if Google maps has very recently updated its aerial view of the park and that could be an older version of that same area highlighted above.

That said I can't imagine anything being able to be built there tbh as that would require an insane amount of tree removal. 

It probably has no meaning to anything new at all but time will tell. 

EDIT: Could even be the location shown here but rotated: Wasn't the hotel planned slightly right of this location???

Untitled..jpg

Just now, Coaster said:

Slammer and Loggers have been SBNO for too long, they need to either be reopened or replaced ASAP.

They are never going to re-open now, slammer cost to much to maintain and loggers has quite clearly gone past being repaired. I’m just so confused because what is happening at this park at the moment, there has been lack of investment, looks tired, and no hotel yet. I feel like this is the park the merlin might sell on to somebody else, just a thought ?

Personally with the trees shown in the video,  its taken from the area next to the hotel (thorpe land so theoretically cant be built on, though what would be worth to build there is another matter) but with the shot before it showing swarm and almost inferring the rider turning into it.  it might be suggesting something being built on treasure island finally which apart from the hotel site is the last "green field" site on the park. though from what I heard the issue with that island is soil (which is why the last 2 coasters where built on reclaimed land not that area)  still be interesting if something was built there

I'm about as convinced we will be seeing a development on that site opposite the dome in 2019 as I am with Project Zero becoming a reality. Not buying it.

If there was going to be substantial construction on that area of land including the clearing of trees, filling of concrete and laying of foundations etc of any building, wouldn't plans have been submitted to the Runnymede Council by now? It was this time a year ago WD: The Ride's outdoor queue makeover and watch tower was submitted and that was merely just a redo of the exterior of X, so something involving much more work would be submitted earlier for approval wouldn't it?

Might be something for 2020 however, but as things stand right now, I don't see anything for 2019 appearing... except maybe 'Love Island: Get Me Out of Here - The Ride' (sponsored by AMC).

Having visited Thorpe today for the first time in 2 years, the park is in need of a refresh throughout the whole park. It's falling into a state of disrepair. Instead of investing in a new ride, buy some paint and get new restraints on Stealth, Inferno and Rush at a minimum. Sort out the quelling fences and paint some of the facades.....sort out the inferno volcano and the Colossus track.

It was so un appealing. Apart from the rides, its a horrible place to be. Don't build a hotel yet, sort the rest of the park out.