Your Thorpe Park

Guest thorpe101

k if you was in charge of TP what do you think you would do?but I belive this was an opinion game everyones veiws wood be differnt

Ah Ok.Well, I would think a heck of a lot how what a development should do to:1. Return the money spent on building it.2. Fix as many of Thorpe Park's problems as it can in one go (ie expand the park and improve the ride line up).3. Start heading towards being a proper theme park again (nothing too bad, but I really do hate seeing Thorpe becoming less of a theme park no matter what some of the GP may think).4. What people want to see in the big picture.But, if I have to come up with a rough "My Thorpe Park" timeline right now, I will have to rush it. I will have to keep Storm Surge since that is what is happening in real life in a few months, but apart from that I will decide...2011Storm Surge is installed. To make it easy on the eye, it will have plenty of natural-looking but fun-looking themework and several water effects to spice up the otherwise bland ride experience. Not too wet, and certainly not pay-to-play water cannons... Very Amity Cove, very light hearted. Not heavily advertised, just a few nice posters around park.X No Way Out overhaul. Give X the love it deserves after hanging on for so long. I have detailed my concept plans elsewhere on the forum in the X No Way Out topic, so I won't o into all the detail now. Basically, restructure the X plaza to allow better access and separate the area from Storm Surge. Install a bigger and fresher outdoor queueline that goes starts opposite the X building, goes under a pathway bridge and down towards the arena before coming back. This is where people queue. From the building onwards, the indoor section follows a totally new format. This includes top theming and detailed themework that progresses and becomes more abandoned-looking and grimy as you go on. There will be two pre show scenes, a la Hex at Alton Towers (except easier and more interesting for the chavs to follow ;) ) using visual effects, and several animatronics. One of these pre shows will end in the super computer going wrong in front of you, a door opening for you to escape and letting you run down the last section of corridor with sparks flying and dim, flickering lights, music, etc. New, working lift simulators are then installed to take you into the station (after a bit of the classic "OH NOS THE LIFT HAS STOPPED" palaver, resulting in the lift seemingly getting stuck part way between different floors). The trains should still go backwards I think, but it will be a total surprise. The station will be set out to look like the lift has taken you deep underground, and also to look like the train will go forwards. There is a brief audio and lighting sequence before the train suddenly wheels off in the wrong direction and the ride begins.Inside the ride the building will keep pitch black, except for some lasers where necessary and strobe effects. The track could be enclosed in tunnel for one section towards the end, to disorientate riders. On every break run there should be progressive effects, and maybe a sequence of animated effects... robots submerged in capsules filled with water begin to drain and suddenly the door rises up and they jump out!? Whatever. Drama really. And NOT fake or cheesy. No gore, however. And also something that would be liked and not poopood by the GP for "not being scary enough" or "lol I don't get it". I am also thinking big helicopter crash effect towards the end, but that is my imagination taking over a bit, I doubt they would be able to have even a much scaled down version of a helicopter move in the restricted space. But please, at least replace the sensory effects that have been rotting there for eons.Start construction of 2012 coaster.2012Thorpe Park really ought to take the biscuit with this one and go ahead with its version of the B&M wing rider. Totally unused land, totally new themed area. Make it strong in every aspect, both theme and thrill. It must be liked.Also, have a massive tidy up all around the park. Repaint Colossus track and give it an all around clean up. Theme the walls to the station if possible, they look a bit ugh. Disguise the ugly X No Way Out building too, please!! Mayan style facade/rockery with Aztec symbols and paintings carved into it, etc. Do the same with those god awful tunnels in the queue (+ lighting) and block Saw Alive from view.Nemesis Inferno's effects should all be fixed for good, please. Including dispatch sequence. Also, clean the volcano themework and, if possible, fix the bare metal moments on the edge of the station and at the end of the tunnel. Please!Make similar appearance and atmosphere improvments to Rush, Vortex, Loggers Leap and Slammer, please. Make every ride more impressive on the eye; it will pay off mostly.C'mon, Merlin is rich. Spend the money.2013A bit of a calm down year, methinks?A new flat ride, however. Preferably to support the new rollercoaster so that it isn't by itself and badly balanced. Or perhaps finally fix the gap in Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari, with an inventive, reliable, fun and themed flat. Win all round hopefully. Make it part of Calypso Quey and create an "entrance" to Calypso Quey to go with it. Just to define the areas more. In fact, define all the area more for continuity reasons.2014General improvments where necessary, but otherwise not much. Maybe another flat straight after the other is too much? But, remove Zodiac. It will be very out of date by this time and perhaps too old to continue. Instead of replacing it with another ride, make use of its area by making the lost City feel less squashed up. A "lost" restaurant to replace the Crust could work. That would enable the path to the Saw rides to finally have some sort of purpose and entrance themework. Make it a nice, good quality, "lost"-themed restaurant.2015Whaoh, big year. Add a second high quality and different rollercoaster to compliment the 2012 coaster. Take a leaf out of Alton Towers' book to see how Nemesis balances with Air. Same area, but progressive theming and different genre. This area could be a big area, you know.Not the best plan, mostly because it has a lot of "theming" stuff. Let's face it, Thorpe Park are not actually ones to add theming to their existing rides. They will have to change their attitude if they were to follow something like this plan. But, I think it does something that Thorpe Park really need to do to increase their capacity - EXPAND. It is silly to walk around the park in 10 minutes, make it bigger with a wider range of theme and attractions. Bit rushed, but still...

The park is amazing with a brilliant entrance, but only thing is keep the magic, fix effects and renew theming every year, amkes a better park :)Neptunes Kingdom-With Neptunes, I do think that they should keep it, but just expand from the beach, Depth Charge And Wet Wet Wet. I think a flying Coaster should be wrapped around it all, with some great theming and good water effects. Another reason I want to keep the beach is because I like the Curse which sits upon it. The beach does get pretty busy in the summer which shows people enjoy it, even if it is a bit cheesy. Maybe a Topspin in the area aswell, as it can involve water. If Thorpe made an effort it could be a great area of the park.Ranger County-This place is in desperate need of some rides. I think a dark ride should be placed where Fungle Safari was and the building should go round the back of Burher King. Asylum will have a queue made out of metal fences so it will be fine. Then I think a couple of flats should be put there. The place should actually have a theme instead of loads of random animals. (oh and by the way, Mr Monkey And Cheif Rangers should be kept) MAybe a coaster also added to the lineup because it is actually so emptyCalypso Quay-Basically this is quite a well themed area of the park, but everything feels very out of place. First you have a huge rollercoaster and a Volcano. Then you have Rumba Rapids which has absolutley no theme. Then you have the pirate theming next to Detonator, and then you have Time Voyagers. So I think it needs to fit together. All to do with Nemesis Inferno as it is the thing that cant really be changed. Rumba should be themed to Water being sprayed at the lava and people getting drifted off in the rapids. Or it can be themed to you on the lava, maybe have red water like Alton. Or it should be removed as Storm Surge is arriving. Maybe introduce a couple of flats. Detonator should be themed around the Volcano (not sure yet). And Time Voyagers should be turned into some amazing 4D expirience with fire effects, water effects, wind, vibations. Then the place will be one big family and people will know when they are in the area.Lost City-Lost City is very good with very good rides and music. The only complaint is how awful Colossus looks without a new paint job. Also the way Samurai is completley inbetween lands. It kind of confuses me. But overall quite a good looking area. Oh I forgot get X a new theme, its been years!Canada Creek-Canada Creek should have either a retheme to Saw or should get rid of Saw and just have a scary ride. Because when a land goes from being a happy Canadian fantasy to being a dark and distcusting world full of hate, it doesnt really make sese, and I understand the Saw contract will run out but it kind of is weird. The land is actually very well done maybe a couple of rides could be added.Amity Cove- Aity is amazing. The whole feel to it, I think that Storm Suge should be as great as Tidal Wave and Stealth. But what I think should happen about Stealth is create a more run down look because it is meant to be hit by a Tidal Wave, and at the moment, it goes from being a devastating water madness, to a coll fell good speedway. But overall great park.

Right then, in no real order... And with an overall aim of bringing it back to being a theme park...Neptune's KingdomGet rid, both the beach and Depth Charge... Instead have a more inviting plaza or similar, with seating and trees and the like... Just somewhere nice to sit down and just chill...Lost CityLet's play theme the actual rides... How good did original Zodiac look? Just theme the rides and maybe rename Rush to something actually relating to the area theme...No Way OutWhere does one begin? The building is completely gutted and a new indoor coaster and queue-line is constructed... Themed to... Something... Considering Storm Surge's annoying location, it can not really be considered as part of Lost City anymore... Actually sod it, get rid of the entire building (and Arena)... Details on what goes in later...Canada CreekFirstly, Saw (after the license dies), Samurai and Slammer are all themed into the actual area... Make it more of an actual woodland area... SawThemed to a Haunted Mill/Mine, whatever floats the boat really... Instead of Billy for the 2nd car, a ghost appears and tells a story... The bottom of the lift hill (and section before) becomes enclosed...Ranger CountyA family coaster of some form (Vekoma perhaps) replaces Miss Hippo's... Part of the Arena gives us a few brand new attractions for the families just to make it actually worthwhile if they come with small children as well as big ones...Amity CoveStorm Surge has some landscaping done around it in order to make it actual fit in slightly... Tidal Wave's original theming gets solidly put into practice (Hello Fireball)...Arena/NWOThis is where is gets interesting... A brand new building is constructed (fitting in with the original New England theming) and an indoor Intamin Spinner (Tornado at Bakken) is built... We can also have a new workshop or maze sharing the building as it will be massive and it will taking up NWO and the Arena...Calypso QuayInferno's building is completely covered in volcano theming, and the exit improved slightly... General theming additons to make the area seem more Caribbean added... Time Voyagers removed and... Something indoors replaces it, just not a 4-D theatre...New Area 1 - Ice Base AlphaSomething different for the theme of this area, an Artic base with lots of faux snow and the like around... Several interconnecting buildings (with overhead tunnels, etc) house various shops and restaurants... Two flat rides come in themed to machinery support the main coaster...Snow-BeastName sucks but someone more imaginative can think of something better... But this is a B&M Wingrider... Starts off indoors and ends with an exciting flurry of turns and inversions in some man-made ice trenches... The first section can be easily seen from the pathways but the trench sections are hidden... 4 inversions and a well themed dark ride portion leading the lift hill make this ride...New Area 2 - Area 52Slightly more futuristic this area, but is another scientific style area, only with a slight extra-terrestial feel to it... Not many buildings though, but some giants pieces of theming will catch the eye enough... Two flats again but this time they support two major rides... UFOFlying Coaster themed to a Spaceship of course! The station is themed to a crashed saucer and you journey around the island, finishing with a 'splashdown'... I'm not sure if I would prefer a more intense or 'experimental' version, as I dislike Tatsu a lot so I wouldn't that here... But hey, the concept is there for others to play about with...OutbreakA shooting dark ride... Shoot those escaped aliens and send them screaming back to the warp from where they came... Using a Sally system and spinning cars with a slight rip-off of Men In Black, this could be the quality dark ride the park could do with... Even with it's clientele...Saw Alive goes away... Forever... Instead that area is turned into another plaza with a view onto the lake for special events (fireworks, laser, etc)...As far as Fright Nights goes... Obviously I've gotten rid of two of them due to removal of buildings and another due to getting rid of the entire area... One can come back in the Spinner building suitably themed... Whilst maybe if done right one can appear behind Slammer again... An Ice themed one can also appear in the first new area...Very very basic from me, but these are literally hot off the presses so deal with it...

This is comming straight off the top of my head, looking at the area completely fresh. Just thinking about Pirates 4D/TV building. Get rid of the pirate theme. Theme it to an old 50's american movie theater. With neon lights and funky shapes, with all the 50's styling.A couple of images.http://www.flickr.com/photos/pbo31/galleries/72157622895681625/http://www.kwflausa.com/photos/key_west_theater.jpghttp://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/photos/decatur/decaturtheaturgsuimage.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/32071230_842c6e0567.jpgI'm sure you could imagine that sort of thing rapped around the corner of the building themed to Amity. Always found it akward walking through a 50's country village to meet a pirate area thats basically a building with a few cannons...And sod it, make Det like a cheap TOT out the back of the Amity Hotel. Build a dividing piece of theming overhead between Calypso and Amity, to distinctly seperate the areas. Inferno/Monkeys/Rumba and the multicolored shops to follow the Caribbean idea ^.-------This is drastic, but Stealth to be re-themed out of Amity. It is just too far away from the actual main area to be part of it, if that makes sense... give it its own theme. Something totally different to 50's, a town, raceway etc. Maybe something based around the current name? Futuristic Stealth technology? hint hint :) Yeah I just shat my thought process out.

I have decided to put more years of running TP because I was bored and I did not do ten years so heres what I said in my first post2011: Storm Surge opens with another all year round horror maze called The Freezer but updated2012: New Mack Mega Coaster called olympica for the 2012 olympics and opens up the park for christmas coaster mayhem this event will carry on until 20212013: New Fright Night maze situated around stealth and submission type ride near Colossus and Saw Alive2014: Tidal wave gets a re- paint and canda creek also gets a re paint2015: Gives Colossus a re paint and puts a ramesis revenge type ride next to depth charge and flying fish2016: Adds new land with two new rollercoasters a B&M flying coaster like Manta and an Intamin LSM Launch Coaster: Blitz X:\ no way out gets removed for ultimate rollercoaster in 20172017: Adds two new coaster from S&S power coaster el loco and free fly in a new land and removes Rushextended section2018: Adds a new flat ride2019: Removes the Saw Island in september to make a new coaster where saw the ride was for 2020 then when the park shuts in october slammer will get removed for the new ride in 2021 2020: A backwords launch coaster proto-type Stealth gets remove for another launch coaster from mack launch coaster for 20222021: The final instalment is a Maurer Sohne s coaster non inverted loop and an X Train near Stealth

Why remove Saw and Stealth? They would have only been around for just over 10 years according to your plan. Coasters on that scale are meant to last for 20-30+ years.The park needs to expand, not replace.

because stealth dose not go upside down and saw the contract with lionsgate runs out and I dont renew it so we have to removeall saw stuff from the park

Inversions in many cases are not the point of the coaster...Stealth is one of them... In my top 5 coasters 1 inverts, and that's Nemesis, only 2 more inverting coasters appear in my top 10...Tbh, I'd rather pick on your idiocy of removing an entire coaster just because the sponsorship is going... Let's look at what Six Flags are doing atm when removing their sponsors on rides, are they removing the Tony Hawk rides? No, renaming! Evel Kenival? Rename! Terminator Salvation? RENAME!Then again, your plan involves 4 coasters in TWO years!!!! I know this is for people's ideas, but can we not at least be relatively logical in our ideas? Jesus wept...

Disliking a ride like Stealth because it has no inversions and because all it does is go up and down again is not really a good reason to dislike a coaster. For its size it is very good. Look at the larger versions; Kingda ka, Top Thrill Dragster those are only launched up a top hat and hurtle down again, although alot more intense but it is the same principle as Stealth only on a larger scale. It would have been great for Stealth to have been alot longer but for its size and length it still is a very good ride.Back on topic. So here's my Thorpe Park. 2011 I buy the park and run it as normal.2012: all plans for future rides are scrapped and park closes.2013 park is reopened as a public toilet. Ok serious now I decided to try something a little bit different.2013 a vekoma rolleskater is opened and a new pinfari rockin tug is opened. Colossus is removed and a toilet is built in its place. Nemesis Inferno has its trains taken off so that new trains can be added but due to budget reasons this doesn't happen and the ride becomes SBNO.2014 a new 2 star hotel is opened developed with a very small budget. guests say Its so awful it's like staying in a prison camp!We tell them to sod off and to stay at Chessington's hotel if they want luxury. 2015 Stealth is ripped down and is replaced by a Depth Charge clone and a couple of benches later in the year.2016: the park's finances are at an all time low, the only coaster we can only afford to buy a Pinfari Big Apple . The coaster opens later in the year and is billed a 'the ultimate thrill ride eperience'. This p*ssed everyone off but wow the amount of money made from the ride's opening is astonoshing. 2017: The park are sued £5 million by a very angry group of enthuiasts after the opening of the 'ultimate thrill ride experience'. That's all the money we have left so the following day the park is closed for ever and is sold to the council. But instead of reopening it as an attaction, it is reopened as a pulic toilet, a fitting end to 'The Nations low Thrills Capital' (this is my Thorpe Park we're talking about).

It is just my veiw of stealth I think it is a waste of space because it only gose upand down that TP can do somthing better there and also I think stealth could be better if it was like blue fire which is awesome I also think stealth is over in about30 seconds approximatly and its a waste of time queing for a ride thats up down andover.

Whilst you are entitled to your view, there are SO many things you are overlooking.The reason why Stealth is a simple up and down is because that is the whole point. It is meant to be a short, sharp WOW moment. And that is what it does. Aesthetically, it looks very good. Sure, it's not necessarily a great ride (it'll be lucky to make it in my top 20 rides to be honest), but it is not a waste of space.Queuing for a long time is not a waste either. People can see what they're going to get. Speed and height. And that's what they're queuing for. They're not queuing for length. They're not queuing for inversions. They're queuing for speed and height. If you don't want just speed and height, don't do Stealth. Simple as.As for the inversions thing. A good ride does not need to go upside. A bad ride doesn't necessarily go upside. It's how the coaster uses those elements. How everything comes together. Just 'cause a ride goes upside down, it doesn't make it the best thing since sliced bread.

Queuing for a long time is not a waste either. People can see what they're going to get. Speed and height. And that's what they're queuing for. They're not queuing for length. They're not queuing for inversions. They're queuing for speed and height. If you don't want just speed and height, don't do Stealth. Simple as.

I remember my first ever go on Stealth, I queueed about 2 hours for it in its opening year and the queueing was the best part when I thought about it afterwards, you just get more and more nervous about going on the ride as it draws closer and close! That in my opinion makes a ride great, if by just queueing you are litearally having a heart attack.

• 4 weeks later...

2011-Re-paint all coaster tracks, as they are looking a bit worn. Get rid of X:No way out, and replace it with a new arena, that will host major artists to have concerts on the first week of opening,and the last week of the season. 2012: Create a new Nuked land, based on Chernobyl. Location: Beside StealthTheming: No plants/trees on actual island, excpet for ones onn edge of main island. Destroyed,deserted looking buildings, a large powerstation-like building. Houses destroyed,deserted ect.Music: heavily bass-lined music, appropriate for dangerous feel.Rides: New Coaster: Called- Radioactive Similar to Hulk coaster:Height: 110 ftSpeed 70mphIn building that looks like a nuclear plant... Queue line tells story of the Thorpe Nuclear Power Plant. on tv screens ect. It is suggested that unqualified workers are employed due to lack of funds, and that they are using faulty equipment, due to costs. Riders loaded into cars, and see a short video, basically explaining, that something has gone wrong with the system, and they need to be evacuated, or they'll die. They proceed up a enclosed launch lift hill. Audio: lots of bleeping, flashing lights ect. "Warning,evacuate immediately, Warning, evacuate immediately".Reach the end of lift hill, propelled out of enclosued hill, drops 100ft, and launches into a cobra roll. Then, a tunnel with red lights and mist( meant to look like fire, almost like the tunnel of NI). Train stops and starts, whilst in-train speakers use audio: "System Failure, System Failure". Train rolls into dark building, slows down to 30mph, behind you can feel air,(fan to create air). Speakers : "I've got this under control. (buttons pressed, beeping)" Train immediately slows to a halt. " Access denied." "Escape while you can." Riders dispatched, and riders exit. Whilst leaving: Audio: "You were the luckier ones, not everyone could escape." Glass cabinets, manikens with gas masks on.I'm not sure about further than that :L

2012:The new island and new themed area with worlds first B&M 4D coaster. Isla De Perdición - Island of Doom The Islands name literally means island of doom however I choose the spanish form Percidion because it link with the storyline of the island that a comet hit and the blue glow from the comet cause an anti gravity effect on the earth of the island which has caused the island to literally turn upside down (poseidon) as then aliens arrived in a spaceship after the comet hit and are looking for an object burried within the earths crust, something hidden by the Mayans, a mystical crown which gave the wearer the powers of the creator however the creator left the crown as a test, those who would seek the crown and place it upon their head shall indeed gain the power, however the power could cause the universe itself to tear apart, the end of the world.The islands landscape is black crystalized rocks which have been burnt by the center of the earth, there are some flowers and tree's remaining which where not affected by the anti gravity aswell as burn out cars and the remains of houses etc. There is a large building themed around the spaceship which landed and this houses:ResturanteLoo'sShopIndoor themed coaster experience and indoor queueline.Espíritu - B&M 4D CoasterThe roller coasters queue line is themed around the spaceship and features TV's which show videos of the human culture such as music videos and places and clips made by the park of what happened to the island. The Stations is themed around the central control room of the spaceship and the trains are themed around mechanical flying devices of the aliens. A video is shown where an animation explains that one of the aliens ancestors invaded a new planet and broke into an ancient temple where they discovered a great power, the crown of the creator. They wore the crown in their greed and they arrived at the world with the creator and attempted to claim themselves as almighty and the creator sent him to hell, he then burried the crown deep within the earths crust and cursed it so that anyone who wore the crown would recieve the power however for their greed the universe would tear apart causing the end of the world.The trains roll out of the statio and pass through a light show with smoke effects and alien figures and red alarms and then outside where they climb the lifthill. The cars then drops down performing inversions and traveling over the island and water with water fountains and travelling through the effects such as broken buildings scenes and past crystalized rocks and there are three key scenes the roller coster goes through:the cars go through a cavern where the center of the earth is exposed with all the lava and burning heat, aliens having a shoot out with the humans (mack splash battle) and finally the alien standing wearing the crown passing through rocks and quaking scenes and burning area and the cars enter the exit station where the riders then disembark the trains and exit through the exit queueline which is pitch black with red lights.El Agua Batalla - Mack Splash BattleA Mack splash battle themed around Aliens versus the humans which interacts with the roller coaster.

Thanks :PI liked your ideas to :Pand from the MTDP they would only have a roller coaster and facilities on the island however I think that is a major mistake as why would guests want to go all the way away from the main park itself and major rides to an island which contains one ride and they then have to walk all the way back? To make it worth it they really do need something else on the island aswell as a queue eater because everyone that goes there will all queue for the one ride avaliable so the queues will be far to long.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/Neilfever/MTDP0.jpgImage © to NeilfeverThis is the current MTDP. On Island C (the middle island, behind the Flying Fish), which is stated to be the home to the 2012 coaster, no flat ride is shown to be there. Therefore, it is highly unlikely (99%) that a flat will be placed there. Someone said a few posts back about 'why would anyone go there for one ride, it will be packed, etc. etc.'. As the MTDP shows, there's 2 possible flats by the entrance of the island, as well as another island (Island A - behind Stealth, which is one of two possible locations for the 2015 coaster that the MTDP outlines) that would join onto it, that homes a coaster a possible 2 flats. So, whilst it may be busy on the opening season (like it would anyway), in the long run, it is a clever idea.No actually ride is on the MTDP, but where Storm Surge is located was said to be a possible location anyway, so yes, Storm Surge was technically on the MTDP. Also, the plans for Storm Surge (and possibly other rides that could have gone there) were made in March / April time, and the MTDP was probably being finalised after that time, so they could easily just manipulate it around that.

Slammer, I love it but it needs some theming. I think it would be quite sexy with some smoke and fire effects, and some sort of other dare-devil theming & bric-a-brac. Maybe even a re-paint as the ride looked a little patchy and worn last time I visited, maybe even move it elsewhere in the park? Maybe that could be a theme for the 2015 coaster/area, some sort of dare devil stunt show theme, the idea being you are the dare devils, they could have side-stalls like the wobbly ladders and the ones in Neptunes Kingdom & a new arena with stunt shows (Maybe a show where guests get involved - think 101 Ways To Leave A Gameshow)I think it would be a nice light-hearted fun area that would suite Thorpe, as people seem to be getting fed-up with all the "dark" ideas theme parks keep churning out.They could call it something like Dare Devil Falls or something less crap.

Yes, if Thorpe Park going to add two new large rollercoasters between 2012 and 2015, then one of them definitely needs to be a really fun, thrilling airtime machine. If 2012 does have a newish technology wingrider, that's great with inversions (used wisely though, not just a cram in of loops). However, in that case, for 2015 no more inversions, please.