Your Thorpe Park

Guest thorpe101

I would create a large Victorian house on the island behind stealth and swarm.

Advertisement would focus on a historical recreation tv show where they are rebuilding an old Victorian house that once stood in the marshes of Thorpe Park a century ago, however in the rebuilding many horrible accidents start occurring a worker is shown being flung out of a large grand Victorian window, another worker is shown bursting into flames and another worker dies of fright with white hair.

The island would house the large grand Victorian house which the left side would have some collapsed scaffolding for theming and the large grand Victorian window would be smashed as in the advert with a shadowy figure seen standing there and the entrance of the queue line would be the chalk mark of the spot where the man fell to his death and the blood stain.

Entering the house into the grand foyer with a corpse hanging from the grand chandelier which has a dropping feature that frightens those beneath, there is a large painting with red glowing eyes and a large beastly dog with jaws opens and the dog head lunges out from the painting at those walking past, the grand staircase creaks as you walk up it and the stairs move slightly up and down, at the top of the stair case is a statue with talons and hands over its face that every so often moves the talons to lunge at those in front of it.

They then head down a long tight corridor where the ceiling gets lower as you get to the end creating the illusions its closing in on you and there are mannequin hands all the way along the wall which you brush past with moaning and groaning noises in the dark.

Once you turn the corner there is a burning mannequin which rapidly moves towards you separated by Perspex glass and you then pass into a large room where babies cries are heard and a cot is seen rocking by a window, the room suddenly illuminates red and the baby screams and from behind some boxes a scary woman mannequin raises from the floor shouting "get away from my baby"

There is then a large Victorian kitchen with a furnace with a skeleton hand reaching out, a meat grinder with meat coming out and a human body passing through, there is a bowl of soup with eye balls floating in this is the waiting area to be loaded into a large dark room, the floor begins to shake from side to side and then drops suddenly repeatedly several times

Upon exiting there are dark corridors with breathing and whispering sounds and there is a scene with mannequins around a séance table being videoed, "within these walls we call upon the spirits, to join us here, let us behold the cryings of the very earth here"

They then head down a dark corridor "you want to be just like all the other boys don't you? Your to small as you are, I've always thought you could do with  being taller, so has the master and miss. This will do that for you and I can help you, mmhaha"

They are then loaded into standing frames which look like stretching racks and the frames are sent whizzing along a track with stretching sounds down a long corridor with strobe lighting with the grand Victorian window at the end and the masked figure skeleton hands and long neck with demon head stretch out of the cloak and reach out at the riders as they stop infront of it and the rider then drops vertically and they then briefly travel and are unloaded from the racks in the cellar and head down a dark corridor

"My beautiful boy argh ha, NOOO!

"I'LL KILL YOU ALL FOR THIS!

The lights then flash and reveal Victorian staff mannequins being hanged

"And so the land would cry till the end of time, for all the souls that had been lost on this land that could not leave their pain and suffering behind and to be tormented for so long but all they could do was tormented any and all who stood there ground".

There would be an Old English themed shop with photo collection from the ride upon exit into the building.

• 8 months later...

Canada Creek/Old Town:

The whole area has more of a undead western theme with the new roller coaster, loggers leap is refurbished and re-opened with updated theming.

Dander Dash:

The Vekoma steel launched coaster the same model as Disney's Tron light cycle coaster but the cars would be themed to undead horses.

The station building and queue line is the old Canada creek railway area.

The roller coaster goes straight ahead into a room which has a sun down illumination and two figures either side the light goes out and a gun shot is heard the ride then launches out of the building beside the log flume into an inverted loop with a barrel roll over the top of the building with a figure with gun shots fired out of a wagon, the ride then drops down passing a tavern building and a over turned wagon with shooting sounds, the ride then performs a banked turn over the walkway with burger king etc, straight into another banked turn underneath the Colossus lift hill and then at the top into a building based on slammers site where it would perform 5 downward Helix's in the shed themed to a barn lightning lights and sound effects within the centre of the helix a graveyard where western zombie figurines slowly rise up from the grave with strobe effects.

Exiting the building to pass western zombie figurines one a hanging victim reaching at riders they then perform a bunny hop over the entrance from lost city and perform a banked turn passing the start of loggers leap and a banked s-bend over the bottom of the drop, the ride then turns and performs a break run around the back of the station building and you exit at a separate unloading station.

• 2 months later...

I was thinking the other day what the park could do for Halloween besides tired horror franchises and had the idea of a "Horrific Food Festival". Food festivals are a very now thing, it felt like we had one every weekend over the summer in Brighton. So imagine lots of stalls featuring Heston Blumenthal levels of gory food and drink - that. Marketing it would be a piece of piss too, just get a video posted of a couple of lads and tarts eating a skull shaped pizza on that insufferable Lad Bible page on Facebook and you're off. 

oh and an RMC on Treasure Island  

• 4 months later...

End of 2018: Announce the closure of Logger's Leap and remove the ride. Remove Slammer.

Start of 2019: Retheme X back to the lightshow theme before TWD happened. Add a new family water ride in the place of Logger's. Add a 'filler' in Slammer's spot for a new attraction in 2020. 

2020: New flat ride in Slammer's area. Try and make the ride the only one of its kind in the UK, like what Slammer did. Perhaps a Tourbillon or a Skywarp (although a Skywarp might be a bit small). Retheme Angry Birds Land.

2021: New big coaster, make it a world's first perhaps.

2022: Colossus removal.

Some much needed TLC will be applied during these years, perhaps some things could be pushed back a year to mainly dedicate an off season to reviving or updating areas of the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Next big investment:

Augur-

The station building is a large Roman temple with the queue line beginning through a large roman statue littered garden then entering through the grand pillar open air entrance into the building for the station where a god like spirit in flames projection explains how in ancient times Augurs where considered witches who interpreted the will of the gods and the island was once a witches haunt ;) they made a grave mistake interpreting a battle and the island was scorched as they burned they placed a powerful curse on the land that centuries ago was defeated and buried however with the work for the new ride on this land the curse has been released again.

The ride then exits the station to climb a lift hill dropping down into the 6 of a large Roman clock drawn on the ground and rising through the 12 into a loop where the central statue sprays water at the riders and back through the 6 and exiting the 11, the ride then performs a air time hill over the gardens and turns round to enter the 10 and exit the 4 into a large banked turn entering the 2 and exiting the 8 and meandering through the temple pillars. The ride then turns passing over the gardens to enter the 9 exit the 3 into a Immelmann loop that turns and enters the 5 and travels through the beak of the main feature underground which is the Augur statue (a bird looking woman) with wings outstretched and exits the 1 into a banked turn back into the 12 to perform a helix around the main feature and exit the 7 to return to the temple building where the ride abruptly stops the platform the car is on begins to shake and tilt as the room appears to suffer from an earth quake and flames burst around the room a screeching sound is heard and the room fades to black with the train arriving back at the station.

My Opinion: Add Planet Snoopy behind Old Town and The Jungle. Return the Slammer to his site, with Calgary Stampede behind Burger King, and reopen Loggers Leap as completely restored. Remove Timber Tugboat and Lumper Jump, to make way for the Canada Creek Railway to return in his 2007 layout. Repaint Zodiac and give him the old theming back, and return Eclipse from Chessington and put her on the site of The Big Top. Change X back to what he was, with The Peanuts Movie makeover with the winter dance. Put the Walking Dead ride between The Swarm and the lakeside tent, in style of a Gerstlauer custom layout (Jumbo Jet (Jet Star III), and make the building more like a prison block. Return Chief Ranger's Carousel between I'm A Celeb... Maze and Planet Snoopy Jungle Entrance. Expand Angry Birds Land with two new rides, a flying jumbos style ride called "Angry Birds Flight School", and a jumper jumper style ride called "Bad Piggies Rise 'n' Swine". Keep Detonator as he is, or change him back to what he was, and resituate him back to The Jungle, with a British fortress theming, with the 2007 announcements back. (My Vote: The Jungle). Resituate Samurai back to the Lost City. Rebuild SAW Alive, but have it themed as a Fright Night maze to fit with the Lost City. Add a SEA LIFE Centre alongside the Thorpe Shark Hotel, and add "iThorpe View Tower" behind it. Add safety announcements on rides that haven't any (Nemesis Inferno, Rumba Rapids, Chief Ranger's Carousel, Angry Birds Land flat rides, The Swarm to have pre-load and unload announcements, iThorpe View Tower, Calgary Stampede and Eclipse). If you like my expanding opinion, register to vote.

Love Beau.

PS, make Derren Brown's Ghost Train with the experience more complex, and leave the island behind The Swarm for an element of surprise, because it will be much more fun, if you don't know what's coming.

PPS, "You're still full of surprises, Good Ol' Charlie Brown."

What I want in the next 5 years:

Removals:

• DBGT
  • Walking Dead
  • IAC
  • Storm Surge
  • Loggers Leap area completely cleared

Additions:

• Vekoma Madhouse in place of DBGT
  • Chiapas style intamin log flume in place of Loggers
  • A flat ride or two replaces Storm Surge
  • Flat ride in place of Slammer

Rethemes/refurbs:

• Walking Dead reverted back to X
  • New film in Angry Birds
  • Colossus gets lap bars and the area around it is cleaned up

On 4/23/2018 at 6:13 AM, Whatever said:

What is this 'Planet Snoopy' that you've mentioned a couple of times now? 

Its a a common kids area at Cedar Fair parks like Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kings Dominion, ECT that is themed to Peanuts characters.

I honestly don't see it ever happening at a Merlin Park though, I think Peanuts isn't well known enough over here tbh.

18 hours ago, 08newmanb said:

My expansion opinion, even if I’m case Merlin would break up, and let Cedar Fair take over the Park. But I think it’s not gonna happen.

I think the chances of Merlin breaking up is similar to the chances of a grand piano hitting me right now.. The chances of Thorpe being sold to Cedar Fair I think is also very unlikely and I would probably eat my hand if it happened. Merlin also owns so much cr** across the world I think it would take awhile before Thorpe got the axe.

There is so many Dungeons/Madame Tussads/Sealifes/Legolands across the world I think they would slash some of the weaker links before slashing some of their main parks (if they were in money problems, which I really don't believe they are)

What I'd personally do with Thorpe assuming no budget limits:

Rethemes

- DBGT:ROTD with VR removed, turned into a ghost train unimagined (A real ghost train).

- New 4D films / different shows

- Walking Dead swapped for a British IP like Shaun of the Dead

- TWD:TR turned into the Winchester ride.

- Completely overhaul Rumba Rapids (See any European rapids ride)

Restore / Upgarde

- Retrack and replace all Gerstlauer hardware on Saw for Mack hardware (Big Dipper)

- Redo the Nemesis Inferno station and tunnel with Wickerman effects.

- Change Colossus to Lap bars and swap the square wheels for round ones.

- Remove all American audio from Swarm, make the fountains stronger and make pyro effects more frequent.

- Change that one broken green lightbulb on Stealth.

- Rebuild Depth Charge

- Replace Samurai with a new model

- Restore the pyro effect on Tidal Wave

- Keep Zodiac vertical for a few seconds

Bulldoze

- Storm Surge

- STORM SURGE!!!

- Lumber Jump

- Timber Tug Boat

- Loggers Leap

- Old Town

- Slammer

- All permanently closed queue line shops

- All permanently closed Kiosks

- The whole Fastrak system and queue lines

Additions

- Q Bot virtual queue for disabled guests to wait the same time as regular queues

- Replacement for the Slammer site

- A new log flume (Intamin double drop)

- New Area where Old Town is

- A permanent Island theme hotel

- A lake transport / boat ride

- A Huss Top Spin

- A Huss Break Dance

- A Vekoma Mad House

- A Mack Xtreme spinning coaster

56 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

What I'd personally do with Thorpe assuming no budget limits:

Rethemes

- DBGT:ROTD with VR removed, turned into a ghost train unimagined (A real ghost train).

- New 4D films / different shows

- Walking Dead swapped for a British IP like Shaun of the Dead

- TWD:TR turned into the Winchester ride.

- Completely overhaul Rumba Rapids (See any European rapids ride)

Restore / Upgarde

- Retrack and replace all Gerstlauer hardware on Saw for Mack hardware (Big Dipper)

- Redo the Nemesis Inferno station and tunnel with Wickerman effects.

- Change Colossus to Lap bars and swap the square wheels for round ones.

- Remove all American audio from Swarm, make the fountains stronger and make pyro effects more frequent.

- Change that one broken green lightbulb on Stealth.

- Rebuild Depth Charge

- Replace Samurai with a new model

- Restore the pyro effect on Tidal Wave

- Keep Zodiac vertical for a few seconds

Bulldoze

- Storm Surge

- STORM SURGE!!!

- Lumber Jump

- Timber Tug Boat

- Loggers Leap

- Old Town

- Slammer

- All permanently closed queue line shops

- All permanently closed Kiosks

- The whole Fastrak system and queue lines

Additions

- Q Bot virtual queue for disabled guests to wait the same time as regular queues

- Replacement for the Slammer site

- A new log flume (Intamin double drop)

- New Area where Old Town is

- A permanent Island theme hotel

- A lake transport / boat ride

- A Huss Top Spin

- A Huss Break Dance

- A Vekoma Mad House

- A Mack Xtreme spinning coaster

You sir should be the new parks director! I like your thinking! ?

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

What I'd do:

• Give Saw and Colossus new lap bar restraints and give them both some TLC
  • Gerstlauer Sky Fly in Slammer's place
  • Add a intertwining Intamin Log Flume and RMC Woodie in Logger's Leaps space.
  • The Walking Dead reverted back to X

Maybe this (https://www.roblox.com/games/1611770364/THE-WALKING-DEAD-THE-RIDE) could do the trick.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, IntThi said:

Well TP's clearly been reading this cos for next year they've increased the TP annual pass price to £55. They better have an awesome new attraction opening -fingers crossed-

I will be amazed if they get a new "awesome" ride in 2019 or 2020. 2020 they are spending money on stuff that whilst will improve the resort isn't necessarily what I think the park needs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Get loggers leap opened or a replacement Mack log flume replica ASAP
  • Yin/Yang- New dueling launch coasters

The answer to the family vs thrilling dilemma the park seems to have also a kind of little tribute to past rides with the mascots animals being used on family ride and witches being the theme of the thrilling ride

Yin- Darkness thrilling coaster black track

Station is a rock facade exits through a waterfall tracks are side by side launches upwards into a zero g roll through the top of the yin/yang facade track then turns left into a downward banked turn into a loop with skeletons on the ground in a pentagram, passing through the rock facade into an airtime hill dropping down and turning round into the rock facade, into a large double helix with a trio of witches sacrificing someone for a curse, the ride then stops facing two figures either side of the track with hair covering their faces they reveal their scary screaming faces and the ride launches into a 120 ft with a third witch figurine at the top vertical track that rolls back through the rock face into an air time hill and performing a large banked turn at the top a break run halts the ride and turns on a platform to pass through a pentagram on the rock facade back into the station.

Yang- Light family coaster white track

Station is a light pagoda exits through smoke tracks are side by side launches into a bunny hop through the yin/yang facade track then turns right into a banked turn passing cheeky monkey statues that spurt water, the ride then air time hills into the mouth of a dragon which nostrils spurt flames, dropping down into a bunny hop and banked turn upwards to exit the tunnel passing a giraffe looking down on you, into a large banked s-bend passing a lion on a rock roaring, travelling along a hippos head that spurts water from a pond, performing a double helix around a rabbit in a garden with a pond with frogs water spurting and the ride then returns to the station.

• 1 month later...

Whilst  we live in the world of make belief, I might as well contribute.

2019: 

Car Park Changes and Improvements:

Better and more efficient gravel on main car park area, because this area can’t be tarmacd, the new material will make it easier to park and give a nicer presentation. 

New zone areas make make it easier to remember where you have parked, I.E Inferno lot, Stealth lot etc. 

The price of parking will drop to £5 and be free to half price in Summer after 3pm, you must pay upon entering now unless you have a pre-booked ticket or are dropping off. 

New Rides and Events

No new rides will actually open this year, but there will be lots of events.

Easter will hold a treasure hunt type thing, with prizes including food and shop discounts. 

Summer will hold park anniversary celebrations, with fireworks on Friday and Saturdays at 11pm, additional charge due to capacity.

Fright Nights will return, with a brand new maze replacing Vulcan peak with nods to Asylum and Studio13. Living Nightmare, Saw Alive and Blair Witch return along with a welcome back to Big Top. Dead Creek and Platform not returning, for good reasons. Scarezones In Amity and Lost City. 

Redevelopment:

The Whole area of Old Town will be completely closed off for redevelopment. Loggers Leap, Canada Creek Railway and the building’s are demolished. 

Rocky Express is relocated to Slammer’s area along with Timber Tug which has been given a makeover to fit in within the new area. Slammer has been removed. 

Park TLC:

Rocky Express will be completely rebuilt and repainted 

Saw’s queue will be tidied and made easier to navigate, Jigsaw puppet is now synced to voice dialogue, more comfortable restraints and work done on main drop to remove jolts. 

Nemesis Inferno has been given a massive jetwash with the station being repainted, the volcano theming has been rebuilt by Universal Rocks and features more fire and smoke effects inside the volcano. 

Gardens tidied and rooftops tidied too. 

Major Year For The Park, 

Redeveloped New area of the former Canada Creek area to Loggers Town, which is sponsored by Red Dead Redemption to help it being marketable. 

The main new attraction is Iron Pony, an RMC which replaces Loggers Leap and interacts with the lake. Two smaller family attractions have been installed which include a Vekoma boomerang and rodeo themed polyp flat with a lasso theme for families. 

Theres also a new western themed smokehouse restaurant in the area. A side area has been kept where a new maze at fright nights can be located. 

Construction begins for the long planned hotel, which will be given the name, Island Breakers. 

Storm Surge gets new boats and repaired effects, Lost City rides repainted. 

Island Breakers Hotel opens, featuring many rooms, twin, double and family rooms and some ride themed too. There’s also two restaurants, a bar and a pool with splash and play. Park accessible by new waterbuses and ERT in Loggers Town. 

‘Major infrastructure upgrades’- Phase1- Car Park rerouted to help improve flow and serve new hotel. Admissions, staff and entrance buildings all demolished for brand new state of the art entrance, featuring a more modern, minimal and nautical appearance. There will also be a new centrepiece, Shark fountain. New staff buildings on two story to the side of this new entrance, which opens in June. 

The Dome closes in September to makeway for Phase Two infrastructure redevelopment. Shark hotel closes for time being, temporary mega store new Crust with Stickysisters area becoming Finns area. 

Staff areas located in tempory buildibgs where shark used to be and tempory first aid area too. New pathway as well. 

Loggers Town continues to be marketed as new, Detonator repainted, Stealth jetwashed, Park pathways are repaved with small details referencing their areas. 

Brand New Entrance area opens, the Dome has been replaced with a new steampunk harbour themed building, featuring a new table restaurant similar to fins with twice the capacity, quick service cafe, modern main gift shop and areas for guest information, services combined. There’s also a new first aid room and toilet facilities that accessible to everyone. 

Staff area still underground with modern infrastructure, new entertainment district added around too. Shark hotel replaced with a new hotel style based off Rookburgh in Phantasialand.

Colossus theming restores with a complete repaint and brand new trains. Ride systems upgraded to improve reliability. 

New Jungle Carousel added where Fungle Safari was.

Amity Beach area and Depth Charge demolished in September.

Neptunes World- new area opens in June, replacing the Beach and Depth Charge. 

Main attraction is Aquatica Falls, an Intamin flume Ride similar to Chiapas, with an ‘adventure’ gone wrong theme. It makes a stunning first impression when you enter the park. A splash and play area (replacing the beach) is also added with a new quick service place. Rerouted pathways interact with ride. 

Derron Brown’s Ghost Train closes after numerous attempts to keep it going failed. 

Flying Fish rethemed with nautical theming and effects to make for a more exciting ride. 

Island next to Swarm to become home to next coaster, an Intamin multilaunch. 

Other things:

Replace Ghost Train with a more universal market dark ride.

Replace KFC with RCR style restaurant, experience thing

vortex replaced with larger Gyro swing,

Probably more.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing which I think Thorpe should consider is turning Stealth's top hat upside down.

I'm being deadly serious here. Though no doubt very difficult and rather costly, I'm sure it's not outside the realm of possibility, and within a similar budget to some of the park's other crazy investments.

But from a marketing standpoint, it's an absolute win. You get a new ride experience to market. You get a world record of the highest upside moment on a roller coaster - a meaningless record, but something a lot of people would lap up. You can do a mrawS with it, and if/when the novelty wears off and they lose the record, change the track back.

And from a ride experience point, it's pretty damn good too. Inverted top hats are fun. And hanging upside down at 200ft would be great. The view you get at the top of Stealth is decent, but nothing to exactly scream about.

So yes, it's a crazy idea which is partially inspired by the park's philosophy of world records and instant returns. But I genuinely reckon Thorpe should look down that route and do it if it's possible.

The airtime in the back car of Stealth at the top of that top hat might be my favourite sensation in Thorpe Park so I'd not want to lose that.

I honestly think that 'solving' Thorpe Park for me wouldn't be a matter of adding loads, but more a matter of maintaining what they DO have and then building on it:

Stage 1: Realistic clean-up

Clean and paint Nemesis Inferno's track to the more vibrant maroon colour it began with.

Repaint Colossus, buy new and more comfortable trains.

Clean-up, fix and reopen Loggers Leap.

General park wide clean-up.

Stage 2: slightly less realistic improvements

Retool Derren Brown Ghost Train to remove the Derren Brown IP and change the story to a more cohesive one. Set the entire story in the Victorian era and make it about a haunted train yard. Feature more ghosts in the VR and return the train crash middle albeit with Victorian carriages instead.

Add more buildings and theming around the Ghost Train to make the area more immersive.

Make Rumba Rapids more fun. It's incredibly dull and I'd love to improve the ride.. somehow. 

Build a new GCI wooden coaster on the land between Swarm and Stealth, linking the two islands.

10 hours ago, JoshC. said:

One thing which I think Thorpe should consider is turning Stealth's top hat upside down.

I'm being deadly serious here. Though no doubt very difficult and rather costly, I'm sure it's not outside the realm of possibility, and within a similar budget to some of the park's other crazy investments.

But from a marketing standpoint, it's an absolute win. You get a new ride experience to market. You get a world record of the highest upside moment on a roller coaster - a meaningless record, but something a lot of people would lap up. You can do a mrawS with it, and if/when the novelty wears off and they lose the record, change the track back.

And from a ride experience point, it's pretty damn good too. Inverted top hats are fun. And hanging upside down at 200ft would be great. The view you get at the top of Stealth is decent, but nothing to exactly scream about.

So yes, it's a crazy idea which is partially inspired by the park's philosophy of world records and instant returns. But I genuinely reckon Thorpe should look down that route and do it if it's possible.

you'd need new supports which would defeat the whole reason it got a minimal support structure

you'd probably need the radius to be wider to fit the train on the inside of the track

I'm pretty certain it couldn't physically happen without tearing down most of the track and changing the launch power etc at which point they might as well start a new coaster from scratch