Your Thorpe Park

Guest thorpe101

I admit a 4D would be an intresting coaster and I'd love to ride one one day. However 4D's do take up a fair bit of space, as can be seen here...And considering Thorpe Park's already very cramped together rides and lack of space, it seems a 4D is unlikely, which is a shame, as X2 is supposed to be very good.

yeah. they do take a lot of space :) are there any 4D's in the uk? I didnt think there were

To my knowledge, the only 4Ds as we're discussing them are X2 at SFMM and Eejanaika (yes I did have to look that name up) in Japan. Both of these were made by Arrow who I thought were now out of business, but from poking around Wikipedia - 'The S&S Arrow division of S&S Power still operates, but basically only to make their 4th dimension coasters. The first multidimensional coaster since X debuted in Japan for 2006, Eejanaika.'So they haven't built anything since 2006, so I don't know if they exist more or less solely to offer maintenance to those?Intamin also do their own version of a 4D, but it looks pretty inferior to the Arrow version to me. Posted ImageThe track design seems much less complex, it looks ugly as hell, and the seats spin of their own accord, rather than the spinning being controlled like on X2, which I assume could lead to having 'good rides' and 'bad rides' like on Vortex. However, the track also looks a lot more compact than Arrow 4Ds so it might be a better option of Thorpe were considering a 4D. I suppose it could be good in the dark - really disorientating. The one in that picture (Kirnu in Finland) is only 85ft tall and only cost about 3m Euros. It doesn't seem like it'd be as thrilling as the Arrow 4Ds but in all honesty looks like it'd suit Thorpe much better than the Arrow version, which seem much more expensive (a whopping $46m for X2 and 3.5billion Yen for Eejanaika, although I have absolutely no idea how much that'd be in £), and obviously takes up a lot more room as shown by the pictures of X that TPDan posted.I've read, though, that the Intamin 'Zacspin' as it's known for some reason also suffered a lot of technical faults, which would of course be amplified at Thorpe considering they can't even keep Saw open for more than a day without at least one or two ten-minute breakdowns. The throughput of the Intamin one is also pretty low - 700pph. On a side note, from looking at the Intamin website, their Multi-Inversion Coaster (the model of Colossus) has a 12-loop version - does anyone know what inversions that'd consist of? I think 7 barrel rolls would be too much to cope with! :)

Posted ImageI've read, though, that the Intamin 'Zacspin' as it's known for some reason also suffered a lot of technical faults, which would of course be amplified at Thorpe considering they can't even keep Saw open for more than a day without at least one or two ten-minute breakdowns. The throughput of the Intamin one is also pretty low - 700pph.

That makes the Maurer Söhne Spinning coasters look like they have a good throughput! :P

I was under the impression that Thorpe park weren't allowed to build their next roller coaster (or any ride) above the height ceiling until after 2016 - not that they were planning to build another one in 2016. This is what I heard was the condition with Stealth - it could be built if it was painted a colour that blends in with the sky (white) and that they couldn't propose to build another coaster until after 2016. Anyway, back on topic, anyone want to share their Thorpe Park? Has ste193 got any more in depth, interesting ideas yet? :P

Oh I didn't think anybody was intereste dor read them so I was going to give up but I have a few new ideas if your interested?

Oh I didn't think anybody was intereste dor read them so I was going to give up but I have a few new ideas if your interested?

Yes please. Your ideas are so well thought out it is very easy to imagine it and see them at the park. I always read them a good couple of times - they are brilliant! When your ready. :P

2010) The entrance receives a massive uphaul with large letters painted blue making out thorpe park as you enter the park and a small pond infront with a scary fishes face poking out with water coming out of its mouth.The main entrance to the actual park has also been given an uphaul with the old entrace to the tciket desk being replaced with two stone pillars that has a large ark connecting them with a sing board along saying the nations thrill capital and new thorpe park sign at the top of the ark.2011) Ranger county receives a new ride a top spin called Miss Elephants Rinse Cycle.2012) The island behind fish opens and is themed to a evil carnival with deadly rides, the entracne to the area is wodden rocky bridge over water and at the entrance stands two large evil clowns.The area features a shop, a sub way and a ride.A S&S screaming squirrel that goes out over the lake so that when riders travel along they face the lake, there are also charatcers dotted aroudn beside the ride for instance a ring leader takes of his top hat and bows with an evil smile as you face the first edge over the ware and as you come to face to lake a lion roars at you as you come back from over the edge after the next edge you travel through a burning ring of fire and then afetr the next drop you travel past an evil laughing clown whilst ur facing upright, then at the final edge a clown standing on the coaster support sprays a jet of water at you from his flower and the riders travel back into the station passing a man tied up in a cage shaking it ans screaming with a deformed face.The park annoucnes a new ride will opens in the area next year.2013)A new dark ride opens in the Crazed Carnival called Black out, the ride is themed to a circus tent.A dark ride where riders walk through a room with mirrors in that deform them and evil lauhgter can be heard and one mirror shows a clown holding a knife, they then board carraiges in a station.In the next room there's three cages where a man eating meat sits in a corner and suddenly reveals his face eating meat, a woman in another cage is in a divers outfit and has dark blue eyes as well as pertruding blue veins and in the final cage there's a storng man who bends back the bars and reaches out at the riders before they qiuckly enter the next room.Riders then face a large evil clown face and they go through his mouth to find themselves in his throat where they are sprayed with air jets.In the next room the riders fidn themselves in a room with painted scary faces all around them that are revelae dby UV lights and sounds of all different laughters are played in as well as blades popping up out of the floor.In the next room the riders face a floating woman and a man throwing blades at a woman tied to a spinning wheel she has several blades in her and is laughing.In the second from last room the riders see a dead man laying on the floor as thought he has fallen and an acorbatic swing swining itself, as well as a young boy holding a bear thats holding a knife that he has won in a game with a clown bleeding and a knife in him.In the final room the riders find themselves spinning around and around like a rumba station, rotating around the ring leader who is whipping a young child and a clown is burning as well as man eating another man and a woman who's arm is following the car hlding a blade as thought ready to throw.2014) No new investments.2015) X no way out is reaplced with a fmaily thrilling indoro area called Pyramid Palace.The area fatures three new rides.Chariot Dodgems- you can guessSoul Winds- A gravitronCanopic Jars- A zipper.2016)

Thanks for that. The Crazy Carnival idea is great! Judging by the success of SAW as well, another dark and scary themed attraction(s) would suit the park perfectly. Thorpe Park NEEDS to put you in charge of their future development plans or something...

I would like another normal Colossus-like rollercoaster on new land, and a new area. Here is the synopsis of my idea ( :P )2014 - New land is opened. Named Texas Mountains and includes: Cavern's Cold Revenge - A runaway mine train that includes sharp turns, drops and dark sections, some in the mountain (think Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris).Hammer - An Intamin 'suspended twin hammer that rotates 360 degrees, turning riders upside down. Themed around a windmill.Mountain's Rage - A steel rollercoaster. Chain-lifted around 150ft, then a sharp drop, entering the mountain and looping, before an overbanked curve outside. Turn, and then another drop into the mountain - this time, interacting with the Runaway Mine Train. The car suddenly slows down in a tunnel, slowly passing through the dusty mine, with some flashlights and overhead lanterns flickering. Suddenly, the lights go out, and a long drop (around 90ft) into the darkness follows. Corkscrews, helix and a sudden turn outside, before a turn into brakes, coming back into the station, which is themed around an abandoned mine.The mountain that the rides pass through is visible from the entrance, reaching heights of around 160ft (an exception of height, which also includes Mountain's Rage).Yes, yes, I know it would NEVER happen - but it would be cool, right? :P

Thanks for that. The Crazy Carnival idea is great! Judging by the success of SAW as well, another dark and scary themed attraction(s) would suit the park perfectly. Thorpe Park NEEDS to put you in charge of their future development plans or something...

Thanks thats really kind I have lots of ideas I have a very big imagination but I lack cleverness :)that would be cool if that happened but I doubt it sadly :)

I would like another normal Colossus-like rollercoaster on new land, and a new area. Here is the synopsis of my idea ( :D )2014 - New land is opened. Named Texas Mountains and includes: Cavern's Cold Revenge - A runaway mine train that includes sharp turns, drops and dark sections, some in the mountain (think Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris).Hammer - An Intamin 'suspended twin hammer that rotates 360 degrees, turning riders upside down. Themed around a windmill.Mountain's Rage - A steel rollercoaster. Chain-lifted around 150ft, then a sharp drop, entering the mountain and looping, before an overbanked curve outside. Turn, and then another drop into the mountain - this time, interacting with the Runaway Mine Train. The car suddenly slows down in a tunnel, slowly passing through the dusty mine, with some flashlights and overhead lanterns flickering. Suddenly, the lights go out, and a long drop (around 90ft) into the darkness follows. Corkscrews, helix and a sudden turn outside, before a turn into brakes, coming back into the station, which is themed around an abandoned mine.The mountain that the rides pass through is visible from the entrance, reaching heights of around 160ft (an exception of height, which also includes Mountain's Rage).Yes, yes, I know it would NEVER happen - but it would be cool, right? :D

Thats a gd idea its nice to see somebody else giving in depth ideas to :)

Something I've been thinking about recently, although it doesn't seem like something that's been implemented (or even suggested) before, is a launched flying coaster. I know that B&M are the main manufacturers of flying coasters, and they're not fans of launches (to my knowledge, the only launched B&M coaster is the Incredible Hulk, because I think I read that B&M are against launches as a company due to reliability problems). Vekoma also make flying coasters but unless I'm mistaken they don't really go in for launches that much either.Does anyone know how feasible this'd be in terms of H&S (or indeed any other factors)? I've heard some stuff regarding what can and can't be done on flying coasters due to the body's relatively vulnerable positioning. To my knowledge, there's only one full-circuit launched inverted coaster - Volcano: The Blast Coaster at Kings Dominion - has there only been one built because a launch is uncomfortable on everything except sitting coasters, or is it just a lack of interest on the part of coaster manufacturers (on the Wiki page for The Blast Coaster, it says 'It is one of the most popular rides there since its opening on August 3, 1998', although I don't know how reliable that is)?I reckon, if implemented, a launched flying coaster would be good for Thorpe, because of the height restrictions, and it also gives a lot more opportunity for flying-related theming I think (flying close to the ground and whatnot). That's if, of course, it's possible in terms of the forces that'd be exerted on the body - I find it difficult to believe that no-one's thought of this before, and so I assume there might be a good reason why it hasn't been done.

Something I've been thinking about recently, although it doesn't seem like something that's been implemented (or even suggested) before, is a launched flying coaster. I know that B&M are the main manufacturers of flying coasters, and they're not fans of launches (to my knowledge, the only launched B&M coaster is the Incredible Hulk, because I think I read that B&M are against launches as a company due to reliability problems). Vekoma also make flying coasters but unless I'm mistaken they don't really go in for launches that much either.Does anyone know how feasible this'd be in terms of H&S (or indeed any other factors)? I've heard some stuff regarding what can and can't be done on flying coasters due to the body's relatively vulnerable positioning. To my knowledge, there's only one full-circuit launched inverted coaster - Volcano: The Blast Coaster at Kings Dominion - has there only been one built because a launch is uncomfortable on everything except sitting coasters, or is it just a lack of interest on the part of coaster manufacturers (on the Wiki page for The Blast Coaster, it says 'It is one of the most popular rides there since its opening on August 3, 1998', although I don't know how reliable that is)?I reckon, if implemented, a launched flying coaster would be good for Thorpe, because of the height restrictions, and it also gives a lot more opportunity for flying-related theming I think (flying close to the ground and whatnot). That's if, of course, it's possible in terms of the forces that'd be exerted on the body - I find it difficult to believe that no-one's thought of this before, and so I assume there might be a good reason why it hasn't been done.

that sounds like a good idea.I would of thought that the restraints would put too much pressure on the body

Yeah that would have been the one thing I would have thought could have restricted it - obviously a flying coaster couldn't approach the speeds of a launched sit-down coaster. After having snooped around Google I can't for the life of me find anything about the differences in forces between a sit-down and flying coasters. Nor can I find anything regarding ideas for launched flying coasters.