Your Thorpe Park

Guest thorpe101

2010) No new rides.No Thrill ChillNew entrance sign.New queueline (do away with the cattle pen) at the entrance for normal paying guests.Paint/ refurbish the Dome. Paint Colossus Theme the Flying Fish or at least sort out the disgusting ponds and general ride area.Either remove Zodiac or if not paint it to fit in with the Lost City area.Introduce ERT for Annual Pass holders during peak days and summer holidays. 2011) Laser/ shooting style ride- much like Duel- in the dark and well themed ride. Possibly where Fungle Safari was.2012) Big coaster to welcome in the year of the Olympics. A B&M flyer would be lovely- one that goes out across the lake.A giant frisbee to replace Vortex2013) Continue expanding Thorpe's infilling of the lake to allow for more room for rides, and a green space where guests can eat lunch/ relax. After the heavy investment from the year previously, no new rides, and a general clear up/ repainting of the areas in need.2014) Begin targetting families as well as Thrill seekers. Whilst still promoting the thrill capital of the UK, Thorpe could also try to target families with children "young thrill seekers". Possibly a runaway mine train and/ or a woodie that does not invert but provides a thrill. Maintain rides such as Quantum, Loggers Leap and X to achieve this. This would promote a "nicer" atmosphere in the park.2015) -2016) The year that Thorpe can go above their height restriction again? If it would be allowed built a higher, faster version of Stealth. Thorpe like records so why not the World's tallest or fastest coaster? Either keep Stealth as a "baby brother" for younger thrill seekers to try out first, or remove it.

Very much agree with all the following:

No Thrill ChillPaint Colossus Either remove Zodiac or if not paint it to fit in with the Lost City area.Introduce ERT for Annual Pass holders during peak days and summer holidays. 2012) Big coaster to welcome in the year of the Olympics. A B&M flyer would be lovely- one that goes out across the lake.A giant frisbee to replace Vortex2013) Continue expanding Thorpe's infilling of the lake to allow for more room for rides, and a green space where guests can eat lunch/ relax. After the heavy investment from the year previously, no new rides, and a general clear up/ repainting of the areas in need.

However I'd argue with some of the following:

2014) Begin targetting families as well as Thrill seekers. Whilst still promoting the thrill capital of the UK, Thorpe could also try to target families with children "young thrill seekers". Possibly a runaway mine train and/ or a woodie that does not invert but provides a thrill. Maintain rides such as Quantum, Loggers Leap and X to achieve this. This would promote a "nicer" atmosphere in the park.

Although I don't necessarily disagree with this, I don't think it's likely to happen. The way Thorpe and CWoA are set up is such that Thorpe is the thrill park and CWoA is the family park, and I don't think it's gonna change any time soon. I think the removal of Fungle Safari shows that this setup isn't gonna change (unless they replace it with another family ride). Rides like NWO, Quantum, Logger's, and Mr Monkey's just don't get queues at the moment, and I think it'd be detrimental to the progress of Thorpe to try and have a big switcharound to re-focus on family rides. I think, due simply to the nature of its rides and its close proximity to London, that Thorpe will always have a slightly undesirable minority in its clientele.

2016) The year that Thorpe can go above their height restriction again? If it would be allowed built a higher, faster version of Stealth. Thorpe like records so why not the World's tallest or fastest coaster? Either keep Stealth as a "baby brother" for younger thrill seekers to try out first, or remove it.

When you say a 'higher faster version of Stealth', I assume you just mean a higher, faster rollercoaster? When you say 'version of Stealth' it implies that it would be exactly the same as Stealth but higher and faster - a bit pointless in my opinion. I don't think it'd be good business-wise for Thorpe to remove Stealth. And maybe could go for some European height/speed records, but I don't think that Thorpe (or for that matter any UK park) will ever be able to compete with the American giants (Six Flags, Cedar Point) for height/speed.

Sorry for adding lots I just have alot of ideas going round in my head, hope you don't mind?2010) Work begins on a new ride in the space of MHFS.2011) Ranger County is renamed to Tropical Forest, themed to a rain forest, where dangerous animals lurk around every corner and an ancient secret is about to be discovered.Riders que up ouside along the brown fencing untill they arrive in a rocky cavern station, where Ivy has been added to give feelign and a rocky water fall on the exit side, the ride is themed to an old jungle mining train used to transport gold and such, there's a work rotor with funny names as you enter the station and a barrow of gold.The ride then starts as the train exits the station on a small drop of around ten foot and then riders swerve past a large sing board that says keep out and travels along a piece of track beside the cavern that slants from left to right travelling very quickly past a tiger that's claw is reaching out at you and performs a roaring motion.Riders then enter a small tunnel right at the back of the cavern where the track tilts fourty five degrease to the left and the right to avoid wooden and metal supposrts as well as pasing a skeleton minning and a snake coming out a skeletons mouth also they pass through a veyr dakr section where the trakc contineus to tilt left and right and red bat like eyes are revealed and flapping sounds can be heard they then exit the tunnel and perform U-turn.So they climb a lift hill reaching 70ft and drop down passing a lion who roars standing on the rocks and some support beams that look like you will hit them, they then perform an air time hill passing a golden crown where several skeletons lay next to it and then they pass swerve in and out of two large rocks where a snake lunges out at you froma hole as you pass and another large snakes rises up from being coiled on top of a rock to hiss down at you.They then climb up a lift hill passing a skeleton that starts to fall towards them and then pass a cob webby area to pass a large five foot spider that lunes out from it's cave at you, riders then make a U-turn and perform two airtime hills to make it looks as thought they dip in and out to pass a skeleton with a golden necklace around the neck and after the second air time hill a python snake thats head raises and turns to face the riders as they pass it also opens and hisses.They then drop down passing a large waterfall to make a bakned turn and pass the waterfall again where a dragon like serpent beats pokes it's head out and riders then travel along a trick track piece of track passing two crodiles that opens there mouths at you as you pass and then travel along back into the station passing mineing tools left in the rock and alit up gold section of cave.2012) X has been replaced with a newer version of it's previous self, the new version is themed to lost city and features only three break blocks with animatronic scenes based around a war between Roman's and a tribe in a "lost city" where treasure is stored in this very temple, the the new features also include another track change, the ride features a double vertical loop, the pyramid has also been repainted lost city colours and roman statues are added into a new que section.2013) One of the island behind Fish and stealth is being prepared with two small buildings being constructed and one large one, paving and plants being added, coaster supports being added over some of the land and the water, :( omg!A massive advertsiing campaing begins with videos and a slogan of "war is coming to thorpe park!2014) The first island opens called Justice Fields, themed to a field where man's rebelion is situated to fight against machines on the other island.The island features- Catapult- A booster.Black Jet- A looping starship themed to a fighter jet.A sub way resturante- themed to a drerilict style building which is used to feed the "waroirs", with new pappers articales on the wall giving info on the war and machines etc.Ammo Dep- A shop.Work continues on the station for next years coaster and another two buildings are being constructed on the second island.2015) The second island is opened called Andriod Acre.The island features- Cyber vault- a robotic themed arcadeConstruct- An orbitor themed to creating robots.This year the roller coaster also opens called Batlle a B&M duelling roller coaster themed to the battle between robots and man.Riders enter a queline where a man and a robot stand ready to engage in battle, they then walk through along straight untill the pathways split and a sign says.The time has come to choose a side, so that we can get on with the ride.Riders then pass either figurines of humans or robots depending which side they choose.One last sign is above the entrance where both sides meet says " whatever you choice you have take, shall be either way a big mistake.Riders then enter the station building where see on the exit side where a robot and a mand stand with guns.They then board there trains and the attendatn will play a bomb siren as they then exit the station into the building to see a robot being hit by a man that then responds by holding him byt the nexk above the ground and it's eyes turn black.They then turn and perofmr a helix around a council as the make there decision and then come to face men injecting robots being made with some sort of virus when one wakes and hand bursts thoruhg the mans abdomen, they then exit the building to travel over the water as they both perform a dive loop.They then split of from one another the humans perform two barrel rolls and the robots perform a zero g roll, they then start to climb there lift hills and drop to perform loops where they both near miss one another, they then perfrom a C shape motion to near miss tracks again and the humans then drop downwards towards the water hilst the robots climb over the humans track.The humans travel along over the water to perform a cobra roll and the robots perfrom two barrel rolls, they then both meet again to perfrom interlocking corckscrews with one another, both rides then perform loop and the track go under and over each other to then enter a building on the second island.Riders then perform a dive loop over a robot who follows them with his gun and amna who follows them with his gun, they then split into there differnet directions and find themselves facing one another and passing a scene where robots and men are at war, there cars then swerve in oppiste directions as they then make a sort of vase shape and travel over the scene to travel side by side facing a robot and a bomb that is ticking down as they head towards it, they then are sprayed with blast of air as they pass and travel past another battle scene to exit the building.They then seperate into there different direcrtions over the water before they will head back to the station.Human's travel along clsoe to the wwater and perform a vertical loop, they then serve around over the water and perform 2 corckscrews over the water as and travels laong closely to the water then returning to the station.Robots- perform a cobra roll over the water and then travels along above the water breifly to perform a vertical loop and dives down over the water and up again finally perfroming an Immelam loop over the water and returning to the station.2016)2017)2018)

Finish it of later :( 2012)2013)2014)2015)2016)2017)I'll post mine later

You always say that, but then you get carried away into a whole new idea. :( Not that I mind of course.Anyway, mine:2010) Ranger County is unfortunately out of place - so is re themed into a jungle land. As the park isn't concerned with themed areas much, it just means that the rides receive a small spruce up as well as new names as well as logos. The Fungle Safari is replaced by a ride like Bouncing Berries at Chessie (What are those types of rides called?) and is themed to a tree (well trees). The same queue line is kept - maybe extended - and, like Fungle, the ride is closed for FN when The Asylum is in use. The rest of the area is used for greenery, maybe just a quiet bit of grassland. A repaint of Samurai.2011) Over the closed season, Colossus was repainted and had the effects sorted out and a little bit more theming added. The entire entrance area is redone and the car has little extras (like ride models) scattered round to make the area look a bit nicer. A new coaster is announced for 2012.2012) A new woodie opens on the Treasure Island and infill island. The ride is themed as a dilapidated roller coaster that could break down any minute. The queue line shows timber which is broken parts of tracks. A bit like Oblivion, with the reassurance that the ride is safe, but with just announcements as opposed to being on TV screens. You are told the ride is 'safe as steel' and 'can't collapse'. However, ''newspaper reports'' throughout the queue line say otherwise - that 'wooden structures can't be built on islands' (you are repeatedly told you are on an island) as well as other reports about how 'wooden roller coasters have been deemed unsafe', etc. The ride station is on a similar style Colossus (in other words, a small building). The ride itself would have on board audio (yes, this is possible). The 100ft lift hill has the strange man who then says how the ride is still 'perfectly safe' and then a noise is heard which basically sounds like part of the structure underneath the train is collapsing. He then says how he knew the ride was 'a wooden junk yard' followed by a manic laugh and then the train goes off round the track. Typical track for a woodie, weaving throughout the structure, etc. and from time to time the manic laugh is heard. The ride ends with the train going through part of the ride and the man saying 'see, safe as steel' and the train then enters the station. (Perhaps even room for an on load and offload station). Of course, the main appeal for the ride itself would be 'Safe as Steel' - in other words, that's the slogan.

You always say that, but then you get carried away into a whole new idea. :( Not that I mind of course.Anyway, mine:2010) Ranger County is unfortunately out of place - so is re themed into a jungle land. As the park isn't concerned with themed areas much, it just means that the rides receive a small spruce up as well as new names as well as logos. The Fungle Safari is replaced by a ride like Bouncing Berries at Chessie (What are those types of rides called?) and is themed to a tree (well trees). The same queue line is kept - maybe extended - and, like Fungle, the ride is closed for FN when The Asylum is in use. The rest of the area is used for greenery, maybe just a quiet bit of grassland. A repaint of Samurai.2011) Over the closed season, Colossus was repainted and had the effects sorted out and a little bit more theming added. The entire entrance area is redone and the car has little extras (like ride models) scattered round to make the area look a bit nicer. A new coaster is announced for 2012.2012) A new woodie opens on the Treasure Island and infill island. The ride is themed as a dilapidated roller coaster that could break down any minute. The queue line shows timber which is broken parts of tracks. A bit like Oblivion, with the reassurance that the ride is safe, but with just announcements as opposed to being on TV screens. You are told the ride is 'safe as steel' and 'can't collapse'. However, ''newspaper reports'' throughout the queue line say otherwise - that 'wooden structures can't be built on islands' (you are repeatedly told you are on an island) as well as other reports about how 'wooden roller coasters have been deemed unsafe', etc. The ride station is on a similar style Colossus (in other words, a small building). The ride itself would have on board audio (yes, this is possible). The 100ft lift hill has the strange man who then says how the ride is still 'perfectly safe' and then a noise is heard which basically sounds like part of the structure underneath the train is collapsing. He then says how he knew the ride was 'a wooden junk yard' followed by a manic laugh and then the train goes off round the track. Typical track for a woodie, weaving throughout the structure, etc. and from time to time the manic laugh is heard. The ride ends with the train going through part of the ride and the man saying 'see, safe as steel' and the train then enters the station. (Perhaps even room for an on load and offload station). Of course, the main appeal for the ride itself would be 'Safe as Steel' - in other words, that's the slogan.

Those are some good ideas :DI loved the idea of that coaster ;)this time I'm actually going to finish it of :(

In 2012 they need an olympic themed ride.A flyer which goes through loads of different countries.Or a coaster that is in the shape of the olympic rings?

I know its already been said but so has this idea.Whta would be the point in spending million on a caoster that would only have a significance once, the olympics are only in Britian for 2012 and after that not for a very long time, no offence but I think it would be a waste to make a ride like that.

2010) Massive refurbishment. Nemferno's water feature comes back. Colossus' fountain comes back. Fish should have some kind of water feature as well. Limited update of music. Every ride gets a paint-job.2011) Plans for new hotel and coaster start. Replace Zodiac with a Topple Tower called 'Quackers', themed all around ducks. Get Rameses Revenge from Chessington and put in Amity Cove, call it 'Wipe Out'.2012) Get ride of X and a new bobsled coaster arrives called 'Fiore'. It sounds like fury, is spelt like fire and is italian for flower. Themed around flowers, a garden acompanies the ride, but turns into the maze durin FN's.2013) Another massive refurbishment.2014) A new season, 'Battle of the Bands'. A selection of bands perform in the arena and their music can be heard throughout the park. VIP guests are invited to spend the day in the park. Guests pay extra to meet the guests, lasts for the whole of may. Hotel plans are announced and construction starts.2015) A new floorless coaster in Amity Cove. Limited theming, called 'Tempest'. Grand opening along with the Hotel, now called The Overlook Hotel.2016) Replace Votex with a bigger swing and seats on the outside, everything else the same. Demolish the whole of Neptunes Beach, along with Wet, Wet, Wet and Depth Charge. Start to construct a massive new pool complex joined to the new Overlook Hotel. Lake show during one week of Summer holidays.2017) Another massive refurbishment. New pool complex opened.2018) A stand-up called Excalibur in Calypso Quay, station between Nemferno and Slammer and ride stretching along the back of Nemferno. This would need slight infilling and for the Nemferno volcano to be completed at the back, as it would be in perfect view. Excalibur would have medieval theming and music.2019) Another massive refurbishment.2020) Announce closure of Rumba Rapids. But opening of a new rapids combined with a mine train. Rapids called 'River Bongo' and Mine Train called 'Bongo Express'.Thats kind of it until new plan in 2020. Hope you enjoyed it!

2010) Massive refurbishment. Nemferno's water feature comes back. Colossus' fountain comes back. Fish should have some kind of water feature as well. Limited update of music. Every ride gets a paint-job.2020) Announce closure of Rumba Rapids. But opening of a new rapids combined with a mine train. Rapids called 'River Bongo' and Mine Train called 'Bongo Express'.

I dont think that every ride would need a paint job.:D close the rapids.... you must be mad ;)

I dont think that every ride would need a paint job.:D close the rapids.... you must be mad ;)

You could actually never close Rumba Rapids because it is just Rumba Rapids! (if that makes sense :D)Plus, it is the only ride I don't mind queuing for from the start due to fantastic audio that I can't help hum along to! :D

You could actually never close Rumba Rapids because it is just Rumba Rapids! (if that makes sense :D)Plus, it is the only ride I don't mind queuing for from the start due to fantastic audio that I can't help hum along to! ;)

I agree with you there, the atmosphere wherever you are in the Rumba area is absolutely fantastic!

OMG where do I start:I know it's Your Thorpe Park but many of you guy's ideas are inbelievably impossible:Ste: Most of your coaster ideas contain animatronics that Thorpe would never been able to do. Only Universal or Disney can do that because they have tons of experience doing that, they pioneered that technology themselves and they are one of the largest corperations also, the top 2 movie companies in the world.Disney: Themeparks, music, film, film franchises, video games... and the list goes onUniversal: Themeparks, music, films, video games, film franchises and the list goes onZC: No matter how much money Thorpe has, they still can't build behind Nemesis Inferno, there is the public pathway which they do not own. Having those coasters that close to each other, will make the area crowded and squashed.Can you see why none of the other members who have been here time, post here? I know it's Your Thorpe Park but there are some things that cannot be done. The only way that would be possible, would be in some alternate dimension.

I'm not going to make a whole one but...2011: Rumba Rapids closes and Thunder River comes back with an extension and alot more water features so it gets you wetter than Loggers Leap but not as much as Tidal Wave, have a few whirlpool sections so makes the ride more fun to see who gets the most wet, also the ride has new boats with head rests.