Your Thorpe Park

Guest thorpe101

If you put a roller coaster on Treasure Island, it won't be near anything else - that is what I meant. With SAW and Stealth especially, there was a ride in close proximity to act as a queue eater. With a Treasure Island coaster, there wouldn't be. That's what I meant.Would you really trust Thorpe with a world's first B&M? Thorpe aren't known for being the most reliable. B&M firsts aren't the most reliable (look at Air for example). Thorpe are cursed when it comes to opening a new coaster. Look at SAW and Stealth. The first half of the season, they had quite a bit of trouble. So, honestly, I'd be more than a bit worried over a B&M first at Thorpe.

You never said all these rides would be on Treasure Island. (Well I only read the quotation from Neilfever's post, so I've only just read that these would be on Treasure Island :P)In which case yes, it might be a good idea to have one extra queue eater. Maybe a better idea would be to open the coaster with one of those two rides, and then the other ride the year after? It gives a better chance of bringing guests back for the next year because you'll be able to advertise new rides for both years, and give the promoters an easier job. That's what I'd do anyway.Yes but nothing says that history will repeat itself, and if a prototype doesn't operate properly then it isn't the parks fault. This is because all prototypes are never reliable in their first year and it really doesn't matter what park is running them, as the park just run the ride how the manufacturers tell them to. For example Saw: The Ride, no it wasn't a prototype but it's problems when it first opened were not Thorpe's fault at all, they were all down to the manufacturer.Intamin Accelerators are just unreliable in general, Stealth isn't unique for having problems.

This is what really annoys me, everyone slates Thorpe Park saying that they have crap reliability but most of the time it's not their fault. Since Merlin have arrived they have changed in more ways than one and their rate of reliability has improved compared to 2006/2007.Thorpe Park run their rides to the manufacturer's description and Slammer / Rush, they did the same but the rides are new and there will be kinks. Thorpe Park are known for investing in world / europe-first rides / new-invented rides that often have bad reliability. It's not Thorpe's fault, they are just investing in products that no-one or a few parks have. They just came into success around 2002 and after that...4 major coasters, 2 few-of-its-kind flat rides and it's already 2010. Most parks never invest in a big coaster because most don't have financial backing as great as Merlin / Blackstone. 2002 - Colossus2003 - Nemesis Inferno - How many theme parks build another major coaster after already building one the previous year? Hardly any2005 - Slammer & Rush2006 - Stealth2009 - SAW: The RideThorpe Park have grown very-fast and I can't imagine what will happen next and the fact they have had better reliability shows how fast they are growing, getting better and learning from previous mistakes made. They made have had bad reliability but it will only gett better and better.

Yeah, unfortunately its not just as simple as them using prototypes etc.It's how much their engineering budget is, and what experience and skills the engineers have themselves.Remember that some of the engineers have been there since the 90s, and therefore had pretty much no experience in these other rides, compiled with the budgets perhaps being too small, which meant reliability went down. It's no coincidence that merlin taking over has changed the engineering depts and reliability at the parks since 07.

I think that as has been said alot thorpe has had alot of growth and has had alot of new rides these past ten years.If I'm honest some of them aren't as great as they one where or could be I think that instead of keep adding in all these new rides and forgetting about the old they should start trying to work out the kinks from the old rides more. I'm not saying don't add any new rides and focus on the old ones, what I'm saying is that I think they should add new rides in occasionaly and focus on there old rides either by retheming or replacing.I would like to see something done with:Rumba Rapids- It has the potential to be a really great rapids if it where only to recieve some much needed attention I.e a retheme with new updated or fixed effects or an extension where they add new effects.X- I would preferably see this ride removed and replaced with something else but it could just be a retheme with new effects to make it better or an upgraded version.Loggers leap- I think that loggers leap is a nice little ride but it could with them paying some more attention to it and giving it some more theming or effects.Also when they started adding in rides and creating new areas in the early 2000's it seemed as thought the park was going to pay much more attention to themed areas however they just seemed to disintergrate and become forgotten I'd love to see the park paying more attention to the different theming of areas and make them more clear and stand out with little things, put the themed areas on the map.Ranger county- I think this area should either be rethemed or removed from the park, afterall it's not there target audience anymore however they do need rides for thrill seeker families so I'd like to see some attention to paid to the area like with a retheme and a nice replacement ride for MHFS (there where rumours of a small tug boat ride? :S) I'd like to see something like a splash battle installed there to give the park a bit of fun for the thrill seekers and there families.Of course we all still want to see roller coasters every three years as planned however I wouldn't mind if they added in some different big attractions such as a haunted house or ghost train ride that is very thrilling, a good indoor dakr ride which is something that the park really lacks and the planned hotel sounds very nice and if they are getting a hotel hopefully the park will become much better and able to compete world wide.I'm not going to do it as a plan because I doubt these will happen because the park will already have there own plans of what they want to do. This is just my thoughts on what they should do to make the park more succesful.

My ideas2010: SAW alive opens, general park cleaning up2011: X:// No Way Out removed, along with the arena and carousel with preperation for 2012 coaster. Colossus repainted and given new effects e.g flame throwers and is renamed Poseidon. Rameses revenge is relocated from chessington to MHFS area, named talisman.2012: New coaster - Enigma opens, an intamin coaster, like TH13TEEN, the ride station is inside the rethemed X building, which now looks like an aztec pyramid, and is accessed from beside Slammer. The ride does some fast turns outside, between talisman, slammer and nemesis inferno. It then re-enters the pyramid for a backwards section inside. This is all part of a new area - Azteca which is home to Slammer, Enigma, Talisan and Pendulum (rethemed mr Monkeys banana ride.2013. Octopus gardens is removed and the area infront of Enigma, some of the arean and octopus gardens is taken up by a splash battle ride "Aqua wars" it is part of the lost city. The hotel is also opened, with a mini golf course, spa and small cinema2014. The SAW contract runs out, SAW: the ride becomes Sawmill 666 and SAW: alive is removed with a jet ski ride operating from the SAW:Alive queue area. Rumba Rapids has also been removed, opening up access to the new Treasure Island, known as Crossbone Coast. This area is home to maelstrom, a Disk-o, housed over some of the rumba rapids lake and a simulator like star tours at DLRP, named Shipwreck, near the inside area of the old rumba rapids, its queue is inbetween there and stealth. Its is designed to be fairly thrilling. A water Park opens in The hotel area.2015. Completion of Crossbone coast with the addition of a water coaster, possibly Aqua trax, "Cannon". New Robo arms are located on the Trampolines site near Tidal wave"Twisted Vines" Opening speculation That Amity Cove is to get a retheme2016. Depth charge and neptunes beach have been removed and a new haunted house is opened, named the haunt. Flying Fish is renamed the witches curse and is given some theming like broken statues and dying trees. Ghostbusters 4D opens in the theatre, Tidal wave is renamed crimson tide and Amity cove is made to look even more delapidated in the new land Half Moon Hill2017.Indoor Rapids "crypt" open in Half Moon. General park tidy up and the removal of the entrance bridge, in return for two entrance bridges, one leading in between vortex and Zodiac. The other to Half Moon Hill, In between the Crypt and the Haunt2018. A new B&M flying coaster "Il volo venice" (the flight of the Phoenix) opens on another part of infill, behind the crimson Tide and Quantum is moved to this area, known as "Da vinci Plaza" it has an italian feel. Canada creek raliway is extended to a new station in Da Vinci Plaza 2019. Addition of madhouse "Mona lisa's smile" in Da Vinci Plaza and A topple Tower "Peril on the seven seas" in Crossbone Coast. Port Atlantis is re-designed and named Mountbatten Pavilion again. It now houses a hosptitality suite, One shop, The Glass house and a walk through attraction is added, which is designed to disorientate, and included spinning tunnels, a mirror maze and crooked corridors.Sorry, I'm new to TPM

I would really love for mod rights, just about know ^^ Time to launch the Mod Signal (M)! Your post needs spaces, I lost concentration trying to read the post and it would have been easier to read that way. Rumba Rapids is removed and in it's place, there is what? Aqua Wars - I don't like the name and a wet ride that gets you completely soaked is not suitable especially in GB weatherCrossbone Coast: - Good nameMaelstrom - Nice idea for a flat ride and it's good it's build a flat away from the old Lost CityShipwreck - I like the idea of a simulator, but who is it aimed at? Is it family-thrilling? Is the ride & building enclosed? Where's the queueline?Cannon - I like the idea of a watercoaster and it's a nice family-thrilling additionWitches' Curse and Mona Lisa's Curse?Topple Towers - Sea Storm like CWOA & Zoo's ride?I like the additions, good ideas with just a few corrections here and there

2010) Saw - Alive opens. Neptune's Kingdom closed. CC Burger King replaced with themed KFC.2011) MHFS is replaced with a Mack Splash Battle called 'Miss Hippo's Fungle Falls'. 2012 coaster construction begins.2012) New coaster opens where Neptune's Kingdom was. Mack Bob Sled called 'Abyss'. Under-the-sea theme. New show in theatre.2013) Detonator updated to an Intamin Giant Drop. Quantum moved to Pirate area at Chessington.2014) 2015 area construction begins. Saw - Alive closed. Rumba Rapids closed. New show in theatre.2015) New area 'Treasure Island' opens behind Stealth. Includes rapids, 'Thunder River', runaway mine train 'Gold Mine Escape' and a children's play area.2016) Slammer replaced with a Huss Jump II with same name. Samurai re-themed and now in CC.2017) 2018 coaster construction begins along with hotel. X:/... and Octopus Garden's closed. New show in theatre.2018) New coaster opens, wooden, called 'Zulu', where X:/... and OG's used to be. Warrior theme. Logger's Leap updated.

Your ideas sound very good I like the idea of a mac splash battle in the ranger county area very much :huh:But I would love to see the area rethemed since the rangers are old and outdated and they are not really used anymore, but with the rides remaining the same just sort of animaly jungle themed area.

2010: Saw alive opens.2011: New island and coaster construction begins.2012: The new island behind stealth opens called Serena Lacus. (Latin for Serene Lake)The area is themed around an ancient roman civilization.Vortex is moved into a temple like building on the island where it becomes a dark ride and features a light show inside, it is rethemed to the white and red Roman colours but keeps its original name.Judicium- A Intamin mega lite roller coaster themed around the judgement of being sent to hell.The ride station is at the back of the Vortex temple and is within the same building.The ride starts of in a station themed around the entrance of a temple, you then exit the station and pass the scene of a bruning skull laughing at you and a hammer is heard slamming and a voice calls out " you will burn in hell for all eternity! there is then evil laughter and thunerous sounds as you several chained begging corpses and chained woman grovelling at the feet of Hades as he points his sword at you and you then exit to a lift hill and climb up to 110ft and then drops down over the lake, much of the ride features over the lake with several inversions and then returns to the station where you face Hades again looking evil with a three headed dog by his side and says " the hounds of hell shall feast on your flesh for all eternity as everything turns black and you return to the station.2013: Ranger county is rethemed to Jungle Lagoon when new ride Mac spash battle Croc Rocks opens.The monkeys are replaced with new models and the carosel is rethemed to feature zebras instead of horses as well as lions and hippo's.The area recieves a general upheaval to make it stand out more.The hotel also opens this year.2014: The seven maze will not be returning as the arena is being demolished along with detonator to make way for a new attraction.2015: A haunted house ride opens and is acclaimed as part of the Calyspo quay area and to compensate for the loss of the seven maze it will become interactive during fright nights.The ride is based around a cavern where a long forgotten curse returns to haunt the island and no one will be safe from, Occult Cavern.The haunted house style ride is themed around a long forgotten demonic cult society that where thought to be long gone, however they have returned and they want blood to sacrifice!2016: This year there is a break after the haunted house ride and construction begins on an intamin drop tower ride in Serena Lacus.2017: Potent- An intamin drop tower starting of in a building themed to a roman bath house.2018: Rumba rapids is closed for refurbishment.2019: Rumba Rapids Reopens as Rumble River Rapids.The ride has been rethemed to fit in with a tempestous river.The indoor sections has been rethemed to a cavern featuring sprinklers and a new scene which is based around black magic with a woman trying to perform a curse.The ride station has been rethemed to a dead tree and as you are travelling along before the cavern it features two interactive features such as a row of three skeletons on spikes which spit out water at you and a water jet section from the sides.On the other side of the cavern the ride features a water fall and then the shower has been turned back on now as the ride boats have a higher capacity and features seat belts.2020: The park announces plans for a new roller coaster this year and so takes a break.

HERE IS WHAT I WOULD WANT:2010Saw alive to open, as planned2011New flat ride installed, a ride like ripsaw/ramases revenge (topscan)2012a new drop ride to be added, possibly with a saw theme?2013Nothing much, just re - paint the rides (same colours)2014New flying coaster, similar to air at thorpe park with a good theme2015Change the thorpe park logo2016Stand up coaster to be added2017Change flying fish back to the space theme (that it was years ago)2018Major new coaster - A WORLD FIRST!2019A new dark coaster, (x: no way out 2!) it would go backwards and do loops and stuff. BUT STILL KEEP X NO WAY OUT (1) AS IT IS!!!2020Add two new coasters, both sit down. One thrill and one family and change Samurai to a saw theme.

2010: Saw alive opens.2011: Construction for the new area.The park starts there brand new campaign to advertise the new area.A new advertisement is released of a woman ripping through a black material she has black make up running down her face and red eyes and seems to be signing with an evil smile on her face."You think you know fear, we'll show you fear, prepare yourself for the real nightmare coming to thorpe park in 2012."Promotional banners and such are placed around the park which feature the womans face on them along with the message fear reaches new heights at thorpe park.Another advert is released with a heart beat being heard and then there's an explosion of red and a hand reaches up and places onto the screen and slides down with blood and then woman faces rises up and screams along with the new message."The heartbeat is slowing and the end draws closer, we can not hold back for long prepare yourselves for sheer terror at thorpe park, coming 2012.2012: The new ride opens in the calypso quay area in the place of Miss Hippo's fungle safari.Vodoo- A haunted house style ride set in a building themed to a cavern and themed around a woman who a cult performed a ritual around and scarificed her however she in the proccess became immortal and has returned to exact her revenge and suffering to all you enter Vodoo Cave....The ride features, animatronics, drops and holographic effects.

2010 - Saw alive opens, Saw queue is extended, Park opens at 9am in the summer and stays open untill 9pm2011 - x-no way out is removed and a rollercoaster/ ghost train opens called the "Mummy chase" - x-no way out becomes a pyramid 2012 - A bumper boat attraction opens on the lake, for fright nights an egyption maze opens, Depth charge is removed2013 - A longer, 8 laned depth charge "depth charge 2" opens to be be more efficient and more thrilling2014 - Another detonator is opened parallel to detonator like some of the ones in america with two towers, the rumba rapids track is extended with a bigger drop2015 - A small rollercoaster of crazy mouse form opens in mrs hippos fungle safari's place2016 - Canada Creek railway track is extended around most of the outside of the park2017 - Vortex goes to chessington and zodiac moves to another part of the park2018 - New suspended coaster is built in Lost City and new area opens with zodiac, crazy mouse, carousel - Carribean island2019 - Mr monkeys banana ride goes and a bigger one is built, pirate ship2020 - more land is reclaimed and expansion goes further

2010: Saw Alive opens.Planning application is accepted for the new area.2011: Thorpe park begins there new campaign to promote the introduction to the new area of the park with an advert.Black background with a circuit board being shown by a blue light anf the camera follows the blue light as it then travels to the source, a vial of something?It then flashes the screen returns to being black."The future is dark at thorpe park... coming 2012..."A teaser trailer is also released.Sirens are heard with red flashing on a black ground and the broken vial with it's contents spilled."The end of world will come to thorpe park in 2012, the end is nigh."2012: The new area opens District 12.The area is based around a futuristic base where a company has robots to do all of it's manufacturing for them anbd they are working to create new products that enhance a persons life span when the product infact causes the person to crave blood for immortality (like a zombie).The robots are programmed to protect and preserve human life however they have calculated that the human race will all become infected so they have decided too exterminate the human race.X: No way out.2A new backwards in the dark roller coaster is opened on the island and this time features a loop.The roller coaster is themed around the facility in which the product was being created and how the robots have decided to exterminate the remianing human race to prserve life as it where.There is a pre show video which explains the ride in the que lines.Scene 1The trains exit the station as large red sirens are played and then you pass through a hologrpahic robotic computer face that evily laughs at you and then past two robots which fire at you.Scene 2You then pass walls on either side which are tinted red with shaddow hands banging against them and then you hear the computer say " Insinerator switched on".The surroundings turn red and smoke is sprayed at them.Scene 3You then pass through a holographic image of a infected man's face and then pass the infected man who is reaching out at you. with another person being eaten in the background.Scene 4You go over a vertical loop and this is performed over a robot which head follows the train.Scene 5You then perform a zero g roll over infected people reaching up.Scene 6There's a bright flash of blue and a robot appears to fire at you and the computer says " human targets eliminated, and the train returns to the station.Viroid- An orbitor themed around a malfunctioning robot which has been infected with a virus.Probe- Vortex moved into a building themed where the ride is based around the computer testing human subjetcs with flashing light effects and sounds.X no way out closes this year for the new improved model.2013: The pyramid is painted to look like a real pyrmaid and fit in with the lost city theme for a new ride.The hotel also opens this year.2014: Caliber opens in the pyramid.The new ride is a form of haunted house ghost train style ride themed around the crypt of the lost city which holds all of it's legendary treasures along with it's deceased owners and not willing to give up without a fight...2015: Detonator is removed to make way for a new attraction next year.2016: The height limit can now be exceeded and an intamin drop tower replaces detonator.

• Saw - Alive opens.
  • Quantum moved to Chessington.
  • Add more theming to Saw - The Ride and extend queue line.
  • Update Loggers Leap.
  • Enforce a 10,000 maximum-visitor-a-day rule.
  • Complete infilling for new island’s behind Stealth.
  • Lost City updated. More of a story and theming added to Rush, Vortex and Zodiac.
  • Re-paint Colossus and new more comfortable trains sent from Intamin.
  • Mack Splash Battle replaces Miss Hippo’s Fungle Safari, called ‘Miss Hippo’s Fungle Falls‘. Waterfall theme.
  • X:/ No Way Out, The Arena and Octopus Garden’s closed for development.
  • New show in theatre.
  • Extend Rush’s ride cycle to four full-height swings per ride.
  • 2012 coaster construction commences, promotional material released.
  • Nemesis Inferno’s volcano theming completed around 360°.
  • 3-yearly coaster scheme abolished.
  • New area opens. Called ‘Winter Wonderland’. Snowy theme. Includes a Mack Bob Sled called ‘Black Ice‘, and Slammer re-themed as ‘Frozen’.
  • New scenes in Saw - Alive.
  • Samurai re-themed into Canada Creek and called ‘Axed’.
  • Hotel construction commences, promotional material released.
  • Canada Creek Railway closed.
  • More emphasis on the themed area’s of the park, with them also appearing on the park map.
  • Entry fee raised to £35.00 adult, £28.00 child, and appropriate deals.
  • New attractions on lake, ‘Pedaloes’, ‘Swans’ and ‘Rowing Boats’. Station area opposite Vortex. ‘The Lake’ added to park map as an area.
  • Hotel opens on mainland next to car park. Titled ‘Thorpe Park Waterside Hotel’.
  • Ranger County closed.
  • New scenes in Saw - Alive.
  • New show in theatre.
  • Completely new entrance built. Same under-the-sea theme as Port Atlantis.
  • Ranger County area re-opened as ‘Jungle Lagoon’, with the Splash Battle ride, The Carousel re-themed as an animal meeting called ‘The Gathering’, and a Fabbri Booster 40/8 called ‘Jungle Peak’.
  • Detonator replaced with an Intamin Giant Drop called ‘Eruption’.
  • A lot more theming added around the park to every major ride.
  • Rumba Rapids closed.
  • Storm In A Teacup classed as in Amity Cove area.
  • New area opens, ‘Treasure Island’, behind Stealth. Includes new rapids called ‘Thunder River’, (much more rough), a mine train coaster called ‘Gold Mine Escape’, and a big children’s play area. Area themed to Caribbean island taken by pirates.
  • Saw - Alive closed.
  • Flying Fish moved to old Saw - Alive space, but keeps same name. Entrance through from Colossus path under twists. More theming added.
  • Neptune’s Kingdom closed.
  • Nemesis Inferno re-paint and re-named just ‘Inferno’, but with same theme.
  • Port Atlantis re-vamp but with same name and theme.
  • Park strikes a deal with KFC, with restaurants in Canada Creak and Port Atlantis.
  • Fright Night mazes abolished. Now confined to temporary theming around park.
  • Totally new music park-wide.
  • Abolish all park sponsorships apart from Saw.
  • Stealth re-paint.
  • Saw contract with Lionsgate finished. Saw - The Ride re-named and re-themed as, ‘The Mill’.
  • Neptune’s Kingdom area re-opened as ‘Ghost Town’. Wooden coaster included called ‘666’. Themed around a deserted town with a horrible past.
  • New show in theatre.
  • Fright Night’s now includes maze in Ghost Town called ‘House of Fear’.
  • Entrance fee raised to £38.00 adult and £30.00 child, with appropriate deals.
  • Infilling behind Ghost Town completed.
  • Zodiac and Vortex replaced with Huss Giant Frisbee 55.
  • Huss Jump 2 arrives in Ghost Town called ‘The Claw’.
  • Logger’s Leap closed and demolished.
  • A new modern ghost train opens in Ghost Town called ‘Wicked Witches Haunt’.
  • General park clean-up.
  • More land re-claimed.
  • Basic second entrance added from back road to Treasure Island.
  • Logger’s Leap replaced with Mack Log Flume. Same theme.
  • All commercially-owned restaurants replaced with own-brand.
  • New island behind Ghost Town opens as ‘……….’?
Now I'd like to hear what area you think I should put in in 2020?P.S. Sorry about the length I got a bit carried away!

[*]Enforce a 10,000 maximum-visitor-a-day rule.

Firstly, don't think I'm having a go at you - I am not. However, that is WAY too unrealistic. As far as I know, the park regularly go over that, and having a maximum visitor count that low is just not feasible. Coincidentally, the park say they have a maximum visitor rule, but have never reached it...However, a very good, imaginative read. :)

• 2 weeks later...
2011 -'Rumba Rapids' is referbished, with the cave section rethemed into a Magical Cave with pink and blue lights flashing in different directions and a low fog oozing over the water.2012B & M sitdown roller coaster - On the new island behind flying fish. - 110ft high - V Loop x2 - Zero G roll - Dive loop - CorkscrewX no way out track demolishion. :P2013 Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster is put in the X no way out pyramid, with the same but stronger theme, + same name.The pyramid is painted black and white (from red and blue)2014Loggers Leap is demolished.2 New FN mazes replace Hellgate and Se7en.2015Intamin Aquatrax in place of Loggers Leap

2010: Saw Alive opens, re-paint everything.2011: 2 new areas - Ancient Grecce : - this has Colossus - re-named to 'Zeus Wrath' - Zodiac - re-named and re-themed to 'Gods of Olympus', each carriage gets themed to a certain god. - Vortex - Ares (The greek god of war) - Rush - re-named to Poseidons Fury, where the two arms swing, 'poseidons' arms are placed and when you are at the highest point a 'wave' of water gets thrown at you. - Quantum -re-themed and named to Apollo, the orb in the center of the ride gets changed to a 'sun'. New music gets made, based on ancient greek music. - Neptunes beach - small wave pool gets added, interactive water guns are added, resembeling fish. - Depth Charge - re-named to 'Jouney from Oympus'. - Wet, Wet, Wet gets removed, inplace for the wave pool. - Caribbean Islands : - this has Nemesis Inferno - finish off the theming, add in some flame throwers at the top of the volcano and remove the 'crocodiles' from the ride. - Rumba Rapids - re-name to 'Waters of Caribbean', make the ride longer, add in new effects and turn on existing effects, but re-theme them into the caribbean area. - Detonator - re-name to 'Caribbean 360'.2012: Open the hotel with themed rooms. Clean up the park.2013: Add in new maze for fright nights, and base everything on one theme (this then carries into the rest of the 'Fright Nights' attractions)2014: re-open Canada Creek and Amity Cove, adding in new interactive things in each area, add in new themeing to make the areas more defined. Base Samurai on a Saw blade, to fit in with the logging theme2015: Put in new ride where 'MHFS' was and base it on the 'Caribbean Islands' theme, make it into a water ride, a cross between battle galleons and Duel / Tomb Blasters. Add in new film for time voyagers. Base it Amity Cove, and show a film on how the tidal wave came around to destory the fishing town.2016: remove Flying Fish and make Stealth a bit longer, adding in a V loop or a corkscrew and a Zero G roll.