Guest thorpe101

Your Thorpe Park

The airtime in the back car of Stealth at the top of that top hat might be my favourite sensation in Thorpe Park so I'd not want to lose that.

I honestly think that 'solving' Thorpe Park for me wouldn't be a matter of adding loads, but more a matter of maintaining what they DO have and then building on it:

Stage 1: Realistic clean-up

Clean and paint Nemesis Inferno's track to the more vibrant maroon colour it began with.

Repaint Colossus, buy new and more comfortable trains.

Clean-up, fix and reopen Loggers Leap.

General park wide clean-up.

Stage 2: slightly less realistic improvements

Retool Derren Brown Ghost Train to remove the Derren Brown IP and change the story to a more cohesive one. Set the entire story in the Victorian era and make it about a haunted train yard. Feature more ghosts in the VR and return the train crash middle albeit with Victorian carriages instead.

Add more buildings and theming around the Ghost Train to make the area more immersive.

Make Rumba Rapids more fun. It's incredibly dull and I'd love to improve the ride.. somehow. 

Build a new GCI wooden coaster on the land between Swarm and Stealth, linking the two islands.

10 hours ago, JoshC. said:

One thing which I think Thorpe should consider is turning Stealth's top hat upside down.

I'm being deadly serious here. Though no doubt very difficult and rather costly, I'm sure it's not outside the realm of possibility, and within a similar budget to some of the park's other crazy investments.

But from a marketing standpoint, it's an absolute win. You get a new ride experience to market. You get a world record of the highest upside moment on a roller coaster - a meaningless record, but something a lot of people would lap up. You can do a mrawS with it, and if/when the novelty wears off and they lose the record, change the track back.

And from a ride experience point, it's pretty damn good too. Inverted top hats are fun. And hanging upside down at 200ft would be great. The view you get at the top of Stealth is decent, but nothing to exactly scream about.

So yes, it's a crazy idea which is partially inspired by the park's philosophy of world records and instant returns. But I genuinely reckon Thorpe should look down that route and do it if it's possible.

you'd need new supports which would defeat the whole reason it got a minimal support structure

you'd probably need the radius to be wider to fit the train on the inside of the track

I'm pretty certain it couldn't physically happen without tearing down most of the track and changing the launch power etc at which point they might as well start a new coaster from scratch

On 1/18/2019 at 8:03 AM, holtjammy16 said:

you'd need new supports which would defeat the whole reason it got a minimal support structure

you'd probably need the radius to be wider to fit the train on the inside of the track

I'm pretty certain it couldn't physically happen without tearing down most of the track and changing the launch power etc at which point they might as well start a new coaster from scratch

some of y’all really need to buy a sarcasm detector huh 

That’s bonestly such a pity really, because there’s so many things they could clearly do at the park.

Like Turn Colossus trains backwards, make Vortex and Rush do a whole 360 and whilst we’re at it, rebuild Phantom Fantasia.

2020: Loggers leap is replaced with an Intamin water coaster that simulates the former rides layout an indoor drop but with a banked turn and large saw cutter near miss and splash down, a helix drop surrounding a native American totem similair to before and splash down and meandering around to a replica of loggers former double dip drop and returns to the station to make it more appealing in colder weather free waterproof macks are on offer as long as they are returned 

A new flat ride replaces slammer and this ride now gives Canada creek more appeal and appeases the loss of Loggers Leap with the princess Diana Memorial plaque remaining

2021: Rumba rapids is rethemed god knows it needs an update and general upkeep needs to be the priority parkwide

2022: A new coaster and flat ride to open on the island behind swarm giving the park a much needed buzz