Walt Disney World Resort

Benin

Whenever a new ride opens in Florida carnage seems to follow, I know Universal is a separate park but well the Hagrid's Magical Creatures ride had a queue time up to 10 hours at one point. I guess a lot of the crowds seem to flock to things no matter what the wait time/the chance of breaking down! But that is what happens when you open a new ride in some of the busiest theme parks in the world haha so it isn't a surprise.

23 minutes ago, Glitch said:

The one thing that does annoy me though, is why do they allow, phones and large cameras etc, for the average guest the immersion and experience will be ruined because your average Joe wants to get 1,000 views on YT.

Whilst everyone else has a camera blocking the action.

Agreed that cameras/people vlogging during ride/maze have to be up there with the most annoying people ever.... Same at Disneyland Paris whenever a show happened if you weren't at the front you'd get a view of a sea of phones. Just enjoy the moment people! I can imagine WDW is even worse for that.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Glitch said:

This system just seems stupid, imagine rocking u to the park at 8am, paying full entry fee and still not being able to join the queue for this ride....

I wouldn't read too much into this system. I assume it's a way for them to try and negate some of the inevitable long lines the ride will get on opening. Not that bad given new rides at universal or Disney can easily get 6-8 hour lines during their opening periods.

This will surely be gone in the foreseeable future as the rides "new ride hype" fizzles out.

Well atleast I hope it's gone before I visit in 2021 given the damn thing is the ride I'm most hyped for when I go back!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Let me introduce you to the legendary, the wonderful, the eighth wonder of the world, the under-side of water!

This boat was called the Titanic but it only half sunk.

The things I would do to get out of going to my mother in laws for dinner.

Would you like a glass for all that water?

We're not going down, of course I could be in deNile..

This boat has no life rafts and no life preservers offering you this chilling challenge, to swim your way out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever wonder how Disney builds its park attractions? R&D Imagineering experts take us through how the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction was engineered – from free ranging vehicles to virtual reality.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/techcrunch_ever-wonder-how-disney-builds-its-park-attractions-activity-6641385137282121728-wKom

Excellent interview by TechCrunch with Imagineers into the RND process behind rise.

Been watching POV's of Disney's latest trackless dark ride, Runaway Railway. I have to say that it looks incerdible in terms of the immersion and really blending a 2D cartoon into reality (2-and-a-half D as some call it). The screens / projections are seamless and the whole experience is just magic from the moment you step through the blown hole in the screen to exiting out the other side. This is why Disney are number 1 in this industry by a mile.

It feels modern and up to date with technology yet classic & timeless, filled with nostalgia and instantly recognisable characters. I absolutely love it.

• 3 months later...

Interesting hobby crossover:

The NBA is completing its season over the next few months at Disney. I assume at the ESPN complex.

Interesting the hotels have been decided on seeding ;)

-Grand Destino: Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, Clippers, Celtics, Nuggets, Jazz, Heat

-Grand Floridian: Thunder, 76ers, Rockets, Pacers, Mavericks, Nets, Grizzlies, Magic

-Yacht Club: Blazers, Kings, Pelicans, Spurs, Suns, Wizards

Double post hype, that's right embrace it!

Disney Annual Pass holders seem to be starting to get annoyed that they can't park-hop anymore as reservations are required in advance for parks.

They are also annoyed that magic bands are being scrapped, shows and meet and greets are being dropped while their AP is still the same price.

It's not as if there is a major virus going around here's the latest figures for Florida are on the up!:

image.thumb.png.d74822a51f19edfa7d15f11a348501fa.png

Frankly, no theme park in the USA should be open at the moment. The wilful ignorance to the dangers of this virus over there is driving record spikes in 22 states so far. The Disney entitlement doesn't surprise me at all, just look at the reaction when the company announced a ban on smoking in the parks or when they removed plastic straws.

I'm surprised though that the AP's haven't been extended, something Disneyland Paris did immediately when they first closed.

To be fair the smoking thing is stupid at the American Disneys as there are no smoking areas anywhere on park, meaning you have to leave the gates in order to do so.

I might not like smoking but it is a daft method. Even Legoland has a smoking area.

In an interesting but understandable decision, the Splash Mountain attractions at Disneyland and Disney World will be getting Princess And The Frog rethemes. Information can be found Here.

image.jpeg.bddaa0ca87ed3779ad0eb1580320828f.jpeg
Heres  some concept art.

This will definitely be a very mixed with fans across the globe, but given increasing tensions on certain matters, it was probably only a matter of time. I haven’t done either of the originals so can’t comment for one, but the new theme chosen is definitely a good choice for replacement.

Think I will be kicked off this if I say what I really think of this.

The ride was my absolute favourite water ride and that was largely down to the animatronics, characters (NO Uncle Remus BTW!!) and the songs during the ride. This has upset me even more so than Loggers or the mouse at Blackpool going.

Sure this theme will look good in FRONTIERland too.... cant wait to ride "Dr Faciliers Voodoo mountain railroad" too!!

13 hours ago, Benin said:

Isn't Splash Mountain technically part of Critter Country anyway?

They'll just theme it to the neighbouring New Orleans Square. Nothing else needs changing in that regard.

At Disney World its just part of Frontierland. Nonetheless, I don't hate this idea. I love Splash Mountain and I love Princess and the Frog. I win either way. 🤣

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Following the 28,000 job cuts across US Disney resorts, yesterday large amount of entertainment cast members have now been let go from Disney World. Just to name a few this includes Festival of fantasy Parade, the castle show, Hoop de doo revue, majority of the entertainment around EPCOT, Indianna Jones Stunt show, any main street entertainers, Beauty and the Beat stage Show, Voyage of the Little Mermaid,  Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo at Animal Kingdom. Of course there's far more under the radar entertainment cut across the resorts such as the Grand Floridian band.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20201108-174003_Messenger.thumb.jpg.cb97fecda74aad0647bd824830330d7c.jpg

Trains for the all new Guardians of the Galaxy coaster over at Epcot!! (Guess this means the OG Tower of Terror is safe)

Disney still hoping to have this open in autumn of 2021 but looking increasingly likely it will now be early 2022 for obvious reasons. Should make for a decent edition to the overall resort and finally gives Epcot the roller coaster it was always crying out for.

Heres hoping capacity is not that much an issue given the queues we are usually faced with at Disneyworld

19 hours ago, Martin Doyle said:

Screenshot_20201108-174003_Messenger.thumb.jpg.cb97fecda74aad0647bd824830330d7c.jpg

Trains for the all new Guardians of the Galaxy coaster over at Epcot!! (Guess this means the OG Tower of Terror is safe)

Disney still hoping to have this open in autumn of 2021 but looking increasingly likely it will now be early 2022 for obvious reasons. Should make for a decent edition to the overall resort and finally gives Epcot the roller coaster it was always crying out for.

Heres hoping capacity is not that much an issue given the queues we are usually faced with at Disneyworld

Which is really interesting because Epcot was never designed to be a traditional theme park, more about the relationship between humanity and the world, technology etc. It's been throwing away its identity for over a decade now.