Benin

Walt Disney World Resort

Whenever a new ride opens in Florida carnage seems to follow, I know Universal is a separate park but well the Hagrid's Magical Creatures ride had a queue time up to 10 hours at one point. I guess a lot of the crowds seem to flock to things no matter what the wait time/the chance of breaking down! But that is what happens when you open a new ride in some of the busiest theme parks in the world haha so it isn't a surprise.

The one thing that does annoy me though, is why do they allow, phones and large cameras etc, for the average guest the immersion and experience will be ruined because your average Joe wants to get 1,000 views on YT.

Whilst everyone else has a camera blocking the action.

23 minutes ago, Glitch said:

The one thing that does annoy me though, is why do they allow, phones and large cameras etc, for the average guest the immersion and experience will be ruined because your average Joe wants to get 1,000 views on YT.

Whilst everyone else has a camera blocking the action.

Agreed that cameras/people vlogging during ride/maze have to be up there with the most annoying people ever.... Same at Disneyland Paris whenever a show happened if you weren't at the front you'd get a view of a sea of phones. Just enjoy the moment people! I can imagine WDW is even worse for that.

This system just seems stupid, imagine rocking u to the park at 8am, paying full entry fee and still not being able to join the queue for this ride....

15 hours ago, Glitch said:

This system just seems stupid, imagine rocking u to the park at 8am, paying full entry fee and still not being able to join the queue for this ride....

I wouldn't read too much into this system. I assume it's a way for them to try and negate some of the inevitable long lines the ride will get on opening. Not that bad given new rides at universal or Disney can easily get 6-8 hour lines during their opening periods.

This will surely be gone in the foreseeable future as the rides "new ride hype" fizzles out.

Well atleast I hope it's gone before I visit in 2021 given the damn thing is the ride I'm most hyped for when I go back!!