Old Thorpe and Showcase

professorburp

Does anyone remember anything about old rangers and the rangers showcase. I have many memories and wondered if anyone ever filmed or had any audio from the old ranger showcase. As an old child I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great at Fright nights 2010 in the terror zone to see loads of old memorabilia including some of the rangers, flying fish signs,thorpe farm signs and loads of theming. Discuss all this here and if anyone has any audio of Showcase let me know please!

The 'old' Thorpe was simply amazing. Sure, not the best park, not the best themed, nor the bets presented, etc. etc. But it had a charm to it that I'll always remember. The train ride to Thorpe Farm, gazing behind the rides, looking across the lake and Treasure Island, hearing the stories from my of what used to be. Thorpe Farm itself was also amazing. Got to love Pot Bellies as well; delicious! And of course the jetties to and from Model World. Must admit, I really do miss all of that, along with the old Flying Fish.Got quite a lot of Rangers related stuff too! Money boxes, book ends, toys, little finger puppet type things and of course photos with them all. :) I liked all the related rides as well - especially Mr Rabbit's Tropical Travels - that was always a must for me. Whilst we're round there, Wicked Witch Haunt and Pirates 4D were also great, if not a little scary for me. There's so much more that I have to say about the Old Thorpe really, probably too much rambling though. In short, I totally loved the Old Thorpe. (Unfortunately, I don't have any Ranger related music :D )