The Big Bad Movie Topic

Benin

Finally! We all knew it would happen, jay a case of when.

Looking forward to seeing what direction they take. I remember some of the executive producers of Saw 7 said if/when it comes back, they'd like to go back to a point in time when Jigsaw is alive, and focus on that. But since there's no confirmation yet that they're involved(?), I wonder if that'll happen.

I loved the majority of the Saw films (only really disliking 5), but the last one was a bit of a rushed and forced of finishing that story thread. Could be interesting to see something completely different / long after then, but then it runs the risk and not feeling like Saw...

I wonder if any of the original cast will return? Would love to see Tobin Bell and Costa Mandylor return!

A prequel to Saw (unless it was Saw 2) wouldn't really be necessary as we already found out why John Kramer started jigsaw off and it's not exactly a detailed plan, couple of flashbacks in a few films kept it easy and didn't complicate that area of the story.

Could see this film possibly focusing on Lawrence Gordon now he's somewhat alone under the Jigsaw name, go back to when he left Adam and see him and John teaming up, but would be set predominantly in present day rather than having a Saw 1.5. I'd love to see Tobin Bell back in the long black cloak again, if only for a flashback!

• 2 weeks later...

the real question is though....if the IP gets renewed/stays for when SAW 8 is released....what could this mean for the ride/maze?

It'd be great if they saw some new themed features (especially the maze), but I wonder how keen they'd be to push a full year horror attraction so soon after Ghost Train, what with the family push too.

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad, film was Disorder. Not usually a fan of foreign films but I like home invasions, it was a solid 6/10.

I did enjoy it, and if you are going to spring a subtitled film on people it's a good choice as it's not too dialogue heavy, but it left too many threads unresolved for me. I know that's just the French being a bit French, but giving some clue as to why all this stuff was happening and a hint at where reality ended and ptsd started would be nice. Soundtrack was awesome though.

One of the weaker unseens for me, but that's fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I ended up watching "The Boy" the other week (the 2016 horror with that weird dummy child thing). It was ok; the ending was the most confusing and pointless thing ever though.

Also, seeing as a few posts above mentions Disney films, Finding Nemo is an amazing movie :D

• pluk featured this topic