Your Top 10 rides in the UK(including flat rides)

Coastermaniac94

1. Nemesis2. Dragons Fury3. Megafobia4. Grand National5. Oblivion6. Speed: No Limits7. Runaway Mine Train8. Detonator9. Hex10. Nemesis InfernoI found that far harder then I thought it would. Whilst we have a lot of original rides in the UK, I struggled to think of many that I thoroughly enjoy. :)

I can never classify things like this. I would definitely have Nemesis top with Stealth second. Following that, rides like Oblivion, Knightmare, Megafobia, G. National, Speed, Valhalla, Hex, Rush, Rita would all be in contention but quite what order or where I wouldn't begin to contemplate. And before anyone says, I know that makes 11 coasters. But like I said, I just don't know!Would be nice to see a bit more Knightmare lovin' here... it's an amazing, classic coaster!Must say... suprised to see so few people voting Nemesis in their top 2 or 3!:D

1) Nemesis. Doesn't need much explaining really, brilliant theme, amazing location and an awesome ride.2) Nemesis Inferno. 3) RushSecond and third place is really close. If I get a long, really good cycle on Rush, then it can sometimes take second, but Inferno is pretty great. Smooth, nice audio, nice theming, adequate amounts of force (vertical loop for example). Rush, on the other hand, is an incredible experience. It just fits nicely in the park, and the freedom in your seats is incredible. So a kinda tie I spose. 4) Loggers Leap. Just got to love the audio; the queue just goes by even if it is a dreaded cattlepen. The theming is somewhat original and quite nice. For a British water ride as well, it is perfect - no too wet, but you get wet enough. Perfect for everyone. 5) Lorikeet Lagoon. I don't care that it's not a ride, but this is one of the most epic attractions ever. End of.6) Rattlesnake. I just love this ride. The quirky theme to it, the ride experience, etc. You can just have a great laugh on it.7) Air. Another smooth B&M that's just perfect.Not sure from there really. Posted Image

I'm quite surprised to see Dragon's Fury in many top 10s, but not Sonic Spinball. The last time I went to Chessington is before Dragon's Fury opened, so I haven't ridden it. In which ways is it far better than Sonic Spinball? :)

Dragon's Fury, on its day, is one of the best coasters I've ever ridden. Even when it isn't having a great day it kicks the crap out of most rides I've been on in the south. But I haven't been on Sonic so I can't do a direct comparison.

Hmmm that is interesting, it seems to be spread over a much larger area than other spinning coasters. I think I should plan to go to Chessington sometime soon, as when I did go I never did try out the larger rides. So I have never ridden Vampire! I thoroughly enjoy going to theme parks but only ever seem to go to 1 or 2 every year (except 2006, when I had an Annual Pass). I haven't even been to Thorpe Park since 2008, but I will be going on the opening weekend. It's all been about Alton Towers for the last three years. Okay, that's enough talking about me....

I see why so many people enjoy Fury; it's probably one of the best family rides there is. A nice layout, that has something for everyone, and if spread out nicely and is well paced. But, I seemed to enjoy Spinball more. I dunno why, but I found it slightly more intense and the compact layout to be more enjoyable. That, and the queueing experience was better. Though, having only been on Spinball once, and Fury many a time, it could just be that. And, what with the nature of the ride being different every time, I might have just got rather lucky on Spinball...Thinking about it, Spinball and Fury should probably be in my top 10:1) Nemesis2) Nemesis Inferno3) Rush4) Loggers Leap5) Lorikeet Lagoon6) Rattlesnake7) Air8) Spinball Whizzer / Sonic Spinball9) Dragon's Fury10) CCRThough, the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure. Inferno and Rush, as said, change. Lorikeet Lagoon and Rattlesnake are interchangeable as well I guess. Heck, if Loggers is on a bad day, Rattlesnake / LL would be in my top 4. Air, dunno, can't remember it, but I think the spinner's could probably be higher in the list. CCR just owns everything beneath it. I want to put Depth Charge there too for some reason; think of it as an honorary mention. :)