Early Ride Time

AstroDan

Early Ride Time (ERT) available for Standard and Premium Merlin/Alton Towers Pass Holders, Hotel Resort Guests and Advance Ticket Holders from altontowers.com. Rides available from 9.00am - the park opens to the general public at 10.00am.Rides for 2011 include:NemesisRunaway Mine TrainSharkbait Reef by SEA LIFEHeave Ho!Marauders MayhemOblivionHexRitaOther rides may open early subject to season and availability. The Monorail is open from 8.30am.There is no ERT during February nor from October 15th until the end of the season.

Spinball is odd to miss out. However, I have a theory...I reckon Spinball WILL open early most of the time. However, in order to get ERT guests away from the main entrance and dispersed around the park - I reckon they're going to state than Spinball is closed for ERT. Yet, it surely will open before 10am so that it's ready and waiting for the stampede!!Rita was definitely not on ERT last year. However, like many rides, it usually opened early (9.30am quite a lot) to appease those waiting in the often horrific line for Th13teen!

It does make sense... but I miss the old days of the Woodland Walk open from 8:30am, and being outside Nemesis at 8:45am. Nemesis would often then open early, around 8:55am along with Air, Ripsaw and Blade - giving you almost a whole 40-45 minutes of peace and privacy in the Valley before the masses arrived! That certainly was a wake up!

I wish they would put a group of ERT rides together e.g the whole of x sector, its so annoying knowing you have a whole hour but to get on those rides is impossible simply because you have to walk so far between attractions! I know its to disperse us but I do miss it when it was air and nemesis! The first year they did it! (I think?)

During 2005 and 2006 I recall it was entirely Forbidden Valley ERT from 9-9.30 - and the park used to open to all guests at 9.30am. In the 2007 season, they rotated ERT three times during the season. At first, it was Air, Nemesis and Blade. Then it switched to Spinball Whizzer, Oblivion and one of Enterprise/Submission. Then it went to Corkscrew, Rita and Ug Swinger during September and October before Scarefest. Arguably, the ERT is better these days - as there is more on offer, and it's more diverse - not just thrill rides - the aquarium, for example- open from 9am is brilliant to walk around when quiet - and you can often get almost private run through's on Hex during ERT! And in 2011 there will be 4 coasters open for ERT, pretty impressive really.That said, rides are more spread out. I reckon my 2011 pattern will be something along the lines of Oblivion then Rita (maybe 2 or 3 goes if its quiet) then to Th13teen for opening. Nemesis is just too out of the way sadly, and with the Skyride not available until 10am it's a bit of a pain!