Thorpe Park Blows It Up

xjoshdenx

Hiya all,I was just wondering if there is any news about Thrope Blast this year as I missed the last year it happened in 2008 or 2009 cos my lift drop out on the day... I looked at the opening dates and times for 2011 and it looks weird that the park is open until 8pm on the 4th - 6th November. I then looked at the 'events' page and there is no sign of Thorpe Blast returning... So I was asking; Are they still thinking about doing it and thats why they kept them days open late, or, is it because its the last few days of the season and want people to stay longer.Sorry just one more question:Why was Thorpe Blast cancelled? My friend went in 2007 and she said it was really packed and the atmosphere was amazing with the 'real' music and the rides in the dark...Thanks In Advance

double post ftw :PSun Scream - 15th aug - 31st august Fright Nights - 7th - 9th, 14th - 16th, 21st - 31st october*Thorpe Blast* - 4th - 6th novemberif you look on there website and look at the opening times for the events then you'll see :)* Thorpe Blast may be called something else this year*

• 5 months later...

It looks like it says "blow S * * * up" does it not!? Bit of a risky name if you ask me :DEDIT: On the opening times calendar, it says 4,5 and 6th of November late closing, yet this Blow it up poster only says 5th and 6th, hmm...

Edited by Luke_A

Oh dear. Could they really not resist that?

I want to be optismistic about names. I love the idea of something imaginative not just three basic words strung together, words I'd normally see in a action movie.So I am going to be optimistic. Maybe Saw Alives fire earlier in the year wasn't just an accident and they plan to sail it to the middle of the lake and blow it up. Now THAT would seriously tempt me to go. So listen up Thorpe, do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...