Thorpe Park Blows It Up

xjoshdenx

Even so.. The Thorpe Park AP is only for Thorpe Park, so IMO it's ridiculous that you pay so much for the pass, then still have to pay extra for these events.

You would have signed your pass agreeing to the T&C's that this was the case, not really their fault if you didnt read them!

Even so.. The Thorpe Park AP is only for Thorpe Park, so IMO it's ridiculous that you pay so much for the pass, then still have to pay extra for these events.

You would have signed your pass agreeing to the T&C's that this was the case, not really their fault if you didnt read them!

I love irony.

I dont really see your point. All I'm trying to say is it shouldn't really come as a surprise, its something which has been the case well over a year now.

The point is, you've given a very Merlin-esque auto-response saying he should read more carefully, in response to a post stating an opinion...

I guess ive come to the conclusion that moaning about things wont change much so may aswel just get on with it.. That dont mean I agree with everything they do.

The adventures of TTF and the Oblivion Fanta advertising speaks otherwise. Just because you're happy to put up with the crap Merlin sometimes throw at its audiences, doesn't mean others are.

The adventures of TTF and the Oblivion Fanta advertising speaks otherwise. Just because you're happy to put up with the crap Merlin sometimes throw at its audiences, doesn't mean others are.

Surely thats abit different? I'm not sure if you remember but alot of research went into the Annual Pass situation, with standard and premiums, I certainly remember filling in a survey a while back about the different options so it must be what the majority of the many annual pass holders want

I don't think he was disputing that it's part of the T&C, but more arguing that fact that it's silly that they're actually doing it..

This. :)I wasn't talking about being surprised that I have to pay, I'm talking about it being really bad of Thorpe to do considering how much they expect people to pay for annual passes.It's hardly moaning, it's stating my opinion on the matter.

I'm talking about it being really bad of Thorpe to do considering how much they expect people to pay for annual passes.

I think this is where we disagree, for what you get IMO annual passes are very good value for money, which is why I guess I dont mind things such as the £5 event fee, I spent a fair bit on it last year which is why this year I decided to get a premium pass.

Who else reckons they will blow up a tank in preparation for the swarm?

Makes perfect sense to be honest. The last day of Thorpe Blast is the last day of the season so by the time we get back next year The Swarm will be open. They have nothing to lose by it unless they have rented the tank, which doesn't seem likely as the top was fake... It would be a very good publicity stunt and really start speculation amongst everyone, they would only be able to do it on the second day of Thorpe Blast though as I'm pretty sure they don't have two tanks to blow up :PEDIT: Thorpe may also have to move it because it wouldn't be sensible blowing up something of that size so close to the bridge...

Hey guys.I'm "hoping" to come to the event on Sunday. I've got a Merlin Magic Pass, but it doesn't state anywhere *if* it's valid at Blow **IT up, or if I have to pay. And it's not listed either on my Magic Pass restrictions...Anybody able to shed light on this, or will I need to phone them do you think? :/

Doesn't it say on the paper T&Cs for the magic pass that it's not valid on the *possible fireworks* event on 5 and 6th November?

It doesn't say anything regarding Fireworks displays on the paper T&C that both I have, or on the wall in my staff room. I asked at work but they're unsure too. I know there's no restrictions for Alton Towers at all, and I know that there was a £5 charge on Fright Nights and no entry on Magic Pass on a Saturday during Fright Nights (I want it for Sunday anyway for Fireworks), but I just want a rough idea for this really. I guess I'll phone them in the morning Posted ImageThanks for the reply though.

Welcome! Mine wasn't valid on fireworks days at Thorpe, but yours might be different?

Oh, okay. Shame. Means my mate can't go. I've got a Standard MAP anyway so I can pay the £5 online. I might as well join you guys for the day on Sunday, if someone replies in the trip report. My mate's local anyway, got a week booked with him so he wont mind! Posted Image

Has anybody else seen the complaining and compliments to Thorpe Park on facebook for using Jedward as the Guy Fawkes figure? I personally think it is hilarious! Thorpe Park have actually written a formal apology:"We apologise for any offence that may have been taken tonight by those who attended our fireworks event. The tradition of bonfire night is that people are able to put their ‘guys’ on the bonfire. As the nation’s Thrill Capital we want to ensure that our guests are able to play a part in all of our events and as part of THORPE PARK Blows It Up, we gave our Facebook fans the chance to vote for who they would like to see immortalised as a ‘guy’ to start our fireworks display with a bang. This was not meant in a malicious way and was to be a celebration of their explosive rise to fame. As fans of the singers, we would very much welcome John & Edward to the Park should they wish to visit us."

Quick brief of my views:-Chart music all around park; did not like.-Fire performers: were a little boring.-Burning effigy (of Jedward): good fun, great way to wet the whistle.-Main display: one of Thorpe's best firework displays I can remember.

Blowing up of fire engine (tied in with The Swarm) : brilliant! The explosion was absolutely amazing; could really feel the heat from it!

Park itself was a bit below par I think; all views will come in a TR tomorrow. :glare: