Detonator Ride Photos?

Jack R

Question

Hi, I'm going to the annual pass day on Sunday and, just to get myself into the mood for the first day of the season, I started to browse through Thorpe Park's website.After looking on the 'Ride Photography' section I noticed that Detonator is now on the list. I don't ever recall being able to get photos on Detonator, and seeing it's now on the website, I've gathered you must be able to for the new season. Does anybody know any information/details about this?Thanks, Jack

12 answers to this question

This is a new addition then, unless it's an error on the website and it shouldn't be there, but I doubt that. I expect they have mounted cameras to the top of the tower, just like on Apocalypse and other drop rides. On the note of ride photo's, does anyone know if Storm Surge will have an on ride photo?EDIT: Just noticed that you can now get five photo's on a photo pass instead of four, and at the same price!

EDIT: Just noticed that you can now get five photo's on a photo pass instead of four, and at the same price!

Oh thank god that it's 5 again... Should be better value for all photopasses now if that's a company-wide scheme...Det photos should be amusing though... Wonder how that'll be done tbh because unlike Apocalypse the seating goes all the way around... Would be good if they were mid-drop similar to Ice Blast's launched photos...Where would they be gotten as well? In a cheap box like Jumbos/Runaway or in the Animal (or whatever it is now) shop next door?

Spoke to a woman today who said they should've been up and running today but it just wasn't working and was told they'll be ready by Thursday. She wasn't too keen to believe it though and it is Thorpe Park, can you blame her? :oThey're not sure if they can get Storm Surge on ride photos because of the speed they spin but they could always put it at the end, like Rumba?