Park Map 2011 And Storm Surge

Jack R

Question

I was just wondering if anybody knows what the Thorpe Park 2011 Map looks like. I'm expecting it to be similar to last years, but I'd like to see the addition of Storm Surge. Forgive me If I'm wrong, but I seem to remember the map being released before Annual Pass Day and the Official Opening in 2010. Does anybody have a link or source where I can find it (if it's been released yet that is :unsure: )Secondly, does anybody know if Storm Surge will be open for tomorrow (Annual Pass Day) I have 5 people coming with me who all want to ride it, so it would nice to be able to know before the actual event.Thanks, Jack

23 answers to this question

Neither is loggers, saw alive, and pretty much everything else? It's been like this all last year. xDAlso, the entrance bridge to the 'new coaster 2012' is in the wrong place.It's not exactly an OS map, but it gets the jobs done. :DAnd thank god SS is definitely in the Thrilling and fun category. xD

To be honest with you it took me a while to spot Storm Surge, not exactly eye-catching.

From what I've seen it's the complete opposite when you actually get to the park, I'll be trying to block it out of my view!Map is identical to last year with the minor mentioned tweaks. It's a shame Merlin can't/won't align it's 3 major parks maps to all be same using Alton's as the benchmark due to the level of detail fitted in or Chessie's which is very pleasing to the eye.

^The majority of closed season was spent more building the ride than anything.Remember, 3 weeks of snow / extremely cold weather, plus Christmas break, probably means they weren't working for nearly a month and a half! If the ride area is not even finished by AP day, then I don't think theming and that will be high on their list...