Storm Surge

Marc

Now Storm Surge has now opened to the masses here is the new topic to discuss the ride.Rode it today, its clear the area is certainly not finished but nice work from the park to get it open on time. The ride its self is very fun, it spins alot more than I expected and is actually pretty intense for a "dingy ride", the theming what's there is nice, and I expect we will see more of it too soon when the area is actually finished.

Now Storm Surge has now opened to the masses here is the new topic to discuss the ride.Rode it today, its clear the area is certainly not finished but nice work from the park to get it open on time. The ride its self is very fun, it spins alot more than I expected and is actually pretty intense for a "dingy ride", the theming what's there is nice, and I expect we will see more of it too soon when the area is actually finished.

How wet do you get on the ride I'm hoping to get a drenching :unsure:

I like the look of it so far, yes the supports look messy, but I think that Thorpe have done well with the entrance and the 'pipes' theming around the splash pool area. I will judge what I think of the ride experience after I have ridden it tomorrow (really hoping for good weather!).

Okay, got to ride this during rehearsal day earlier. Here are my thoughts.Aesthetically:Tthe ride is shocking; it looks horrid in almost every single possible way, including its positioning within the park. Loading is interesting, and as predicted, slowly plods its way through the queue. Lord help us with the addition of Fastrack in the summer. Yes guys, Fastrack is available on this ride even with the low throughput. Although the ride has a nice logo... lol.:unsure:Water Features/ effects:There are quite a few external water features, including two geysers that explode every so often on a timer. They go quite high- one of them comes from the pipes facing Tidal Wave (and also soaks guests walking past the ride area) and the other soaks guests on the lift and if you're unlucky, the loading area. There are water canons in the queue, which are currently free. They operate in the same vain of Battle Galleons, and are really fun. There is also a water curtain coming down the final drop.These features are fun, although I can't help but feel bitter when a ride that looks so tacky is receiving some nice effects such as the water geysers. But that's just a personal opinion; as I think they could be put to better effect elsewhere.Ride Experience:Well, loading is a laugh, trying to get into the boat! The lift takes an age, although you are entertained by the rollers under the conveyor belt massaging your feet, Very odd feeling. It's quite scary how exposed you feel and it's actually particularly high- I didn't like it. Then the slide.... guys... it's hilarious. If you go on this ride with a few mates, you'll be laughing your head off. It makes you pretty dizzy and feels pretty fast as it comes down. The second time we went on it, Marc and I were in fits of laughter because it's that type of ride where you can't help but laugh.To conclude then, you can say what you want about Storm Surge; in fact, anything negative you have to say about the ride is probably true. However, I feel that Thorpe has been in need of a ride like this that bridges the gap. I would argue that it's needed a new ride that isn't meant to be intimidating and is literally just aimed to be fun. Storm Surge will not patronise younger guests in the way that Octopus Gardens did during their later years, but will provide them with their own thrilling experience with the rest of their families.

Our first ride we got soaked by the effects and splashes, second go was alot dryer, seems to vary ride to ride.

Cool can't wait to give it ago now :o bit like tidal wave sometimes it's not bad but others is soaking I love it soaking because everyone doesn't like it dare to be different ...,

So the excuse for it looking bad is that it's unfinished?What else are we expecting them to add then? All I can see happening are some actual fencing replacing the temporary ones and that's basically it...I mean that picture of Megastore really shows how cramped that area is now, and that to me is what I really dislike about the whole thing, even though it takes up less space than I thought it would...As I said from the start, it would be a fun ride, but it's damn as hell not well located and looks awful...

Looks as though thorpe are doing something with all that scaffolding and the box on top, I do hope we some more theming around that area because it does look like a construction site still and such an eyesore
Read the caption.It's just someone's idea of how'd they do it. I must say, that's a great edit they've done!