Storm Surge

Marc

All the handrails paints flaking off and generally messy and untidy and needs bit of care

Where do you mean, you dont mean the Grey ones with rust do you? Cant say I noticed that.

Any reports still, on the audio upkeep?

They seem to have fixed the speakers which wernt working since my last visit, its still abit quiet though but alot better than it was!

The flakey bits were on the grey rails looked like the rails were badly / unprimed before painting but could have been the winter weather attacking them because we had bad winter .But I'm sure they will take care of it soon And the audio was working but not very loud but better than none but the overall effect wasn't bad

Hey, new here.Went to Thorpe today. On one of the water cannons the handle was hanging off and none of them were working, the jets of water were turned off and the paint on the signs which tell you which lane you're in is beginning to fade away. Also parts are dripping water pretty bad.

Yep the cannons were off last week when I went but didn't spot any drips ;)

maybe the cannons are turned off until it gets warmer. you guys always assume the worst ;)

It's hardly cold here at the moment. It rained for about an hour today, quite lightly, and there was the first Friday of the season where it rained - those are the only two 'bad weather' days I can recall. It's in the low to mid-teens weather wise, and I'm seeing people leisurely strolling about in shorts now. So yeah, no need to 'turn them off'.Also, can the weather be blamed for a broken handle (which I believe has happened to one of them?)...

It's hardly cold here at the moment. It rained for about an hour today, quite lightly, and there was the first Friday of the season where it rained - those are the only two 'bad weather' days I can recall. It's in the low to mid-teens weather wise, and I'm seeing people leisurely strolling about in shorts now. So yeah, no need to 'turn them off'.Also, can the weather be blamed for a broken handle (which I believe has happened to one of them?)...

Yes, when I was there yesterday (Monday) the handle was broken on one of them.

maybe the cannons are turned off until it gets warmer. you guys always assume the worst ;)

Last week it was 17 degrees at Thorpe, sun shining brightly and very hot. Warmer then August will be anyway :D. The broken handle is one thing, however theres probably a reason for everything else.

Shame the voice-over sounds so unprofessional, there's some great footage of the park in that ad. It's nicely put together too, apart from the random spinning guy. If they'd just used the in-park footage and recorded a more sensible narration, it would have been a great ad.Shame they didn't.

Shame the voice-over sounds so unprofessional, there's some great footage of the park in that ad. It's nicely put together too, apart from the random spinning guy. If they'd just used the in-park footage and recorded a more sensible narration, it would have been a great ad.Shame they didn't.

I kind of like the advert, although I've noticed a big trend with the Thorpe adverts is to show a lot of the park and not just the specific new ride.

I thought they had to include the Saw theme in their advertisements?

Nope.The general idea with Thorpe is that a new roller coaster is their main advertising point for two years - the year it opened, and the following year.I quite like the advert. It ended up being how I thought; Storm Surge being 'just another ride' included in. I like the idea of people being in a warehouse trying to have fun, then the whole cutting to Thorpe and that. The voice is annoying, but bearable I guess. In other words, JoshC. likes!