Storm Surge

Marc

In all fairness with the leaks, I doubt very much that it is "theming". At the end of the day, it is a second hand ride and if you've stood beneath any moderately old water chute ride at a water park, you will know that they drip quite abit.But if it really is for theming? I'll be lost for words.

Regarding the drips there's no need for them unless for themeing Which I doubt it is but you never know ;)Being a boat builder and work with loads of things that gotta hold water out and there's loads of sealants on the Market at the moment out there that bond the fibreglass flanges together so the leakers wouldn't be there. It takes seconds to run sealant around before they bolt tubes together I think it's just pure lasynes. IMO And waste of money for water and makes the park messy and dirty too I'f they stopped all the leakers they could put money not wasted to making the ride blend in more

;) I think it all works really well. I just wish you lot would stop moaning about the theme park that this site is dedicated to.

Moaning? It's constructive criticism. They built a cheap ride that leaks all over the place. It doesn't bother me in the slightest but some might not.

Moaning? It's constructive criticism. They built a cheap ride that leaks all over the place. It doesn't bother me in the slightest but some might not.

But Tidal Wave leaks too. And agreed with Mark, it was a relocated ride from a park they've taken management of in America, and so what if it leaks.It still works Posted Image

It's an old ride. In my eyes, I'd expect to see some leaks here and there. Yeah, it's not the greatest thing to happen, especially when it can leak on guests, but there we go. Loggers Leap leaks, Tidal Wave leaks, Depth Charge leaks - it happens. It's nothing really to worry about...

It's an old ride. In my eyes, I'd expect to see some leaks here and there. Yeah, it's not the greatest thing to happen, especially when it can leak on guests, but there we go. Loggers Leap leaks, Tidal Wave leaks, Depth Charge leaks - it happens. It's nothing really to worry about...

Never seen loggers leak ;) must be quite hard to spot with water all around it :P

The Advert for storm surge is disgustingly bad, I dont excpect cheap adverts like that to be made from thorpe park! The leaking I personally dont think is that bad, but that is probably due to me going to waterparks all the time and seeing every slide gush water out, of everywhere but the end of the slide! Mind you there is alot of leaking, I hope they plan to put some theming in under the leaking slide, but It better not be shrubs etc, because we have all seen what an epic fail it is to flying fish/ the lack of shrubs!

haha. I thought exactly the same about how bad the completely over photoshopped picture was on the website. I haven't seen the television advert. Maybe thats a good thing.Should I even bother to go on this in a few weeks? I don't know if it will be worth the massive queues everyone has been saying about.

I wouldn't bother going on it if the queue was more than 5-10 mins,which is probably very unlikely. Its quite fun, but pointless.

Should I even bother to go on this in a few weeks? I don't know if it will be worth the massive queues everyone has been saying about.

Give it ago I'f isn't to busy it's ok in IMO but not the best water ride takes ages to get up hill I almost fell asleep lol But the thing you will find funny is the foot massage when going up the hill ! Not worth waiting I'f big queue times .

I wouldn't bother going on it if the queue was more than 5-10 mins,which is probably very unlikely. Its quite fun, but pointless.

yesterday I sadly queued an hour for it :/ lol silly me but what really annoyed me was that the boats were completely filled up with water, didnt help that there was some guy and his son merged with us and his son kept kicking the water :)

I'll think I'll be giving Storm Surge a miss first thing now..None of the effects were working. At all. The shower didn't come on, the water canons weren't working (even when people were trying to use them), yet they were fine later. So yeah, kinda put me off going on first thing.Slightly unrelated - but I saw Ricky there too! I was going to say hi, but after his ride on Surge he disappeared somewhere.. Typical :)

None of the effects were working. At all. The shower didn't come on, the water canons weren't working (even when people were trying to use them), yet they were fine later. So yeah, kinda put me off going on first thing.

When I rode it a few weeks back at about 3pm they were not working then either. I think it's hit-and-miss Posted Image