Storm Surge

Marc

I'll think I'll be giving Storm Surge a miss first thing now..None of the effects were working. At all. The shower didn't come on, the water canons weren't working (even when people were trying to use them), yet they were fine later. So yeah, kinda put me off going on first thing.Slightly unrelated - but I saw Ricky there too! I was going to say hi, but after his ride on Surge he disappeared somewhere.. Typical :)

The effects it seems have to be turned on by Engineering in the pump house, I think.. And I probably went on my break ;)

Was very disappointed that they didn't care next time me and mates will lift it upside down and throw the rubber dinghy back on the shopping conveyer belt I think :P

Then (if I was working on it) would tell you in no uncertain terms can you can get off my ride or I'll get security down...From the staff point of view, these things can't be light, and since the park's want throughputs, throughputs, throughputs, if there isn't an easier and quicker method of draining the boats, then chucking people on them is the best thing for the staff to get the throughputs they are meant to get...

Then (if I was working on it) would tell you in no uncertain terms can you can get off my ride or I'll get security down...From the staff point of view, these things can't be light, and since the park's want throughputs, throughputs, throughputs, if there isn't an easier and quicker method of draining the boats, then chucking people on them is the best thing for the staff to get the throughputs they are meant to get...

I see your point but I'f staff are not intrested in keeping the visitors happy they shouldn't work there IMO . I said to them that I'f they gave me some thing to bale it out Would do it myself . They said can't bale out for health and safety reasons surely with 4" of water it would be health and safety I'f I slipped and injured myself on the ride . And the queue was only 10 people deep and wouldn't have taken two minutes to empty .I know they make one way valves for draining water in dinghies because I used to fit them for a company I did my apprentership with and they are only £10 each so they could of thought of that .And what's with all the thoughtputs ? :P

I see your point but I'f staff are not intrested in keeping the visitors happy they shouldn't work there IMO . I said to them that I'f they gave me some thing to bale it out Would do it myself . They said can't bale out for health and safety reasons surely with 4" of water it would be health and safety I'f I slipped and injured myself on the ride . And the queue was only 10 people deep and wouldn't have taken two minutes to empty .I know they make one way valves for draining water in dinghies because I used to fit them for a company I did my apprentership with and they are only £10 each so they could of thought of that .And what's with all the thoughtputs ? :P

Throughputs are basically the major thing most parks care about, and put first before anything else, including guest interaction...Indeed, some parks focus on guest interaction (see Chessie) more so than this, as seems to be the case with Thorpe and can be seen by how they allow the staff dress and act... But if they cannot do it they cannot do it... Cos if a TL spots it, even if it's in the guest's best interests, the staff get bollocked for it... So it's not as simple as people think...

Just watched the POV for the ride, seems to spin a lot, doesn't last that long though, I was expecting a longer flume :/

Lets just say it takes longer to get up than it does to come down. Good ride, only worthy of a five minute queue though. And I stupidly fast-track'ed it to ride thinking "Oh its new, I must do it on my rare visit to Thorpe!" Posted Image

Just watched the POV for the ride, seems to spin a lot, doesn't last that long though, I was expecting a longer flume :/

Takes a while to get up the hill and ride ladys for about two minutes I would say I wanted it to go on for longer :P and amazing how it spins on pads that look like Velcro .

I heard a whirling noise which got louder as we span faster, is this a sound effect or just the noise it makes?

That's the tags of Velcro when it catches to make a grip when spinning the reason I know this is because I was hanging head over side to see how worked not advised to do

Can I add, as much as I agree with you it is a water ride and you will get wet anyway. Funny how nobody moans when you step into tidal wave boats into inch deep water pools but on Storm Surge THEY MUST MOAN.

That's because Tidal Wave actually has a decent reason for being waterlogged...Storm Surge, based on the version I did at Asterix... Is just waterlogged for being poor at draining... Asterix's certainly didn't have the trouble being reported though I cannot for the life of me remember what they did... Plus as well, Storm Surge involves sitting in the puddles, unlike Tidal Wave...

Can I add, as much as I agree with you it is a water ride and you will get wet anyway. Funny how nobody moans when you step into tidal wave boats into inch deep water pools but on Storm Surge THEY MUST MOAN.

I totally agree that Pepole don't moan about tidal wave but when you see tidal wave you know your going to be soaked anyways . The water in tidal wave on the sole of the boat is pritty bad to but drains away well as soon as it goes up the hill I found and never really got wet feet at start of the ride because of the foot rests that are there . Can see your point we should be looking at positive parts of storm surge really :(